I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

I could go on but I want someone else to give their suggestions. Plus i'm tierd of fancasting I like this more lol.

What are some of the alternatives you’d like to see for Bruce Wayne’s character if they chose not to go the playboy route?

He could just come back out into the world as a serious billionaire philanthropist, acting as a patron for anti-corruption figures like Gordon and Real. IMO the extent that Bruce Wayne needs to be a "himbo" for secret identity purposes is exaggerated.

Idea for the sequel: Batman investigates the murder of a long time Batman villain. "Who killed....Clayface?". Batman visits a variety of seedy nightclubs/bars, talking to various villains like the Mad Hatter and Killer Croc, who tell us, Citizen Kane style, about who the man was. The big twist is Clayface faked his death, and has been appearing throughout the film at several points and Batman/the audience had no idea!

Matt Reeves, that is a fantastic idea that you can use, free of charge.

60531939.jpg

Colin as Oz, Andy as Alfred, and John as Carmine where the most left field for me, I would have never thought of that. Also Peter was kinda left field since I hadn't seen a movie from him in years haha and I just forgot about him.
Yeah I was surprised by Serkis, less so by Turturro, but shocked by Farrell!

I'd be fine without a full on "playboy" Wayne persona, but obviously he should show some growth with how he regards that part of his life as well as how he deals with Alfred, who he almost lost.

A staple of these Batman movies is the prerequisite ballroom/party/social event

I could see the sequel adding a scene where Bruce Wayne has to dress up for a ritzy event. Maybe a fundraiser for victims of the flooding

Bruce doesn't talk to anyone because he doesn't know anyone and the rich snobs just ignore him/think he's weird.

And then cue the chaos from a villain crashing the party.

I feel like Gates Of Gotham is something they could adapt that would fit with these Reeves Batman films narrative.

I know we already saw this tweet awhile back but Jett has been hinting that Clay face might be involved.

The more I think on it, the more I'm liking Freeze and Penguin as the sequel villains.

If Savage is dead who is going to become the next commissioner? Bock or new character?

But seriously, I want them to hold off on making Jimbo the commish.

But seriously, I want them to hold off on making Jimbo the commish.
That's the point, I want him to do more detective work with Batman in the streets. What's the next ranking after lieutenant? Captain? So my guess is Bock or new character. Savage was a blend between Loeb and Grogan and in the comics Gordon always becomes the commish after those guys. Maybe there will be another one in between.

Last edited:
make gordon commish at the end of the trilogy.
thats what i want to see.
then it becomes the classic batman and gordon relationship.
and if they do anymore movies from there - cool!
if not, the rest is left up to our imaginations...also cool!

I have to say, i hope they take quite some time before announcing who will be the Sequel villain because i love all the theories, fan castings and especially fanart and fanposters...such a cool time always.

I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on him, but...

upload_2022-4-29_19-7-14.png

Toby Kebbell. The could fit in this universe as whatever character they want him to be.

He was excellent as Koba and I liked his acting in Black Mirror. Plus, he worked with Reeves already, so it could be easier for them to work together.

upload_2022-4-29_19-4-27.png

He could just come back out into the world as a serious billionaire philanthropist, acting as a patron for anti-corruption figures like Gordon and Real. IMO the extent that Bruce Wayne needs to be a "himbo" for secret identity purposes is exaggerated.

A staple of these Batman movies is the prerequisite ballroom/party/social event

I could see the sequel adding a scene where Bruce Wayne has to dress up for a ritzy event. Maybe a fundraiser for victims of the flooding

Bruce doesn't talk to anyone because he doesn't know anyone and the rich snobs just ignore him/think he's weird.

And then cue the chaos from a villain crashing the party.

I know we already saw this tweet awhile back but Jett has been hinting that Clay face might be involved.

You know if we see that positive development where Bruce is starting to use his public persona for good, a neat twist on a detective/noir type story for them would be to do a Murderer/Fugitive or Feat of Clay from BTAS type story where Bruce is framed for the central crime and has to exonerate himself as Batman. The purpose of the framing being for the forces of corruption to remove him as the financial backer for reforming elements in the City. As in Feat of Clay, Clayface could be the culprit.

Yeah, I'd love to see that. It seems like an organic way to go in the sequel given the themes of the alter ego in this movie. If you really wanna push the Bruce identity, and push the alter ego angle, put Bruce in the spotlight in the worst way possible where Batman gets involved, all the while he has to balance both but not give away his identity.

I think Court of Owls could be a good fit too for the advancement of the Bruce identity. Now that Bruce is in the limelight, members of the Court reach out to him to try and recruit him, and he goes undercover Eyes Wide Shut style to infiltrate their meeting.

Yeah, I'd love to see that. It seems like an organic way to go in the sequel given the themes of the alter ego in this movie. If you really wanna push the Bruce identity, and push the alter ego angle, put Bruce in the spotlight in the worst way possible where Batman gets involved, all the while he has to balance both but not give away his identity.

I think Court of Owls could be a good fit too for the advancement of the Bruce identity. Now that Bruce is in the limelight, members of the Court reach out to him to try and recruit him, and he goes undercover Eyes Wide Shut style to infiltrate their meeting.
shirt. Thinking about the stories and characters I would like to see in this series... I've come to the realization that a trilogy is just frankly not enough. I think we need a pentalogy ideally! :hehe:

I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on him, but...

View attachment 55278

Toby Kebbell. The could fit in this universe as whatever character they want him to be.

He was excellent as Koba and I liked his acting in Black Mirror. Plus, he worked with Reeves already, so it could be easier for them to work together.

View attachment 55277

Kebbel is definitely my pick for Harvey, have in at least one film and the spinoff before even thinking of making hom two face. Great actor, but has been in some pretty poor movies, he deserves a decent role to sink into.

and he goes undercover Eyes Wide Shut style to infiltrate their meeting.

As a member of high society that works out.

Maybe to drive home the corruption the flooding fundraiser isn't so squeaky clean and Bruce/Batman discovers money still isn't going where it needs to.

Warming up to Kebbel for Dent. It was a really simple decision for Reeves to cast Serkis for Alfred, and we spent too much time overthinking it. Maybe this is the same thing.

Hope joker wont play a huge role in the sequel.
I didnt like the deleted scene.

@GothamCity the sequels may not be for you if you really didn’t like the first movie. But Reeves confirmed that Joker may not even be in his sequel.

Last edited:
Too early for Court of Owls. I think it would undo what they established in the first movie too. Another conspiracy involving the Wayne’s and Gotham’s history sounds annoying. I hope they use the Arkham show to dig into the history of that institution and family. But everything else should move forward IMO.

Right now I’m not interested in what may happen in a third movie. I’m focused on the sequel and announced spin-offs that come out before 2025. Freeze is possible but he really is a one trick pony as far as story and arc goes, so I’m moving on to Poison Ivy and Hugo Strange. I’m also championing Rupert Thorne and Deadshot. Maybe with Neal Adams’ death, Matt decides to take another dive into the 70’s (Adams and more)...and he lands on some of those great characters. Anything to get Silver St Cloud on that screen am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"