The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

riddlethejoker

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys. We all know that Warner Bros. is inevitably going to want to have the Joker in one of the future Batman solo movies, if not alluded to in the Batman/Superman movie, due to the immense success of the character in TDK and the critical success of Heath Ledger's mesmerising and psychotic portrayal.

Chris Nolan claimed on more than once occasion that his one and only choice for the role of The Joker was Heath Ledger, but actor Adrien Brody also said that he was spoken to about the possibility of playing the clown prince of crime.

According to wiki, Steve Carrell, Paul Bettany and Robin Williams also publicly expressed interesting in playing the character prior to Heath's casting in The Dark Knight.

My question is:

Who do you want to play the next incarnation of THE JOKER?

Robert Knepper

3168970-t_joker___by_katyandkipling.jpg

Tim Roth

Tim_Roth_Joker_by_JokerMorrison.png

Walt Goggins

6a00d8341c630a53ef0154333694be970c-pi

Adrien Brody

709c1efa-1d98-4288-a0e3-65c4a538b674.Large.jpg

Vincent Cassel

Vincent_Cassel_As_Joker_by_webhead9707.png

Paul Bettany

3cbb7d02-be4d-4cf9-9d58-184c082946bc.Large.jpg

Out of left field casting pick....

Aaron Paul

NEtBsIy3tN32wx_1_4.jpg

I'm really liking those, mostly Paul Bettany. Adrien Brody would definitely give us a more classic take on The Joker. I also think Tim Roth would be interesting.

Last edited:
Part of me still really wants Dafoe....if they went the DKR route he still may be a possibility!

Maybe it's because I've been binge-watching The Wire lately, but I think Dominic West would be a decent Joker. Punisher: War Zone be damned (Though I actually kinda liked his performance as Jigsaw).

36535-218560.jpg

The Sons of Crispin's Father reunite!
The thread should have ended with this post.

There is only one man who was born to play this role! :awesome:

Edit: Also, I'm surprised that nobody's suggested Matt Damon yet.

If Brody didn't become Joker I would want him for Alberto Falcone.

I'm surprised none of these guys have come up:

Sharlto Copley

Alan Tudyk

Ben Foster

Jude Law

I don't entirely mind a deep voiced joker. jack Nicholson didn't change his voice when he played the role and he kicked ass, and I actually loved john DiMaggio's voice work in under the red hood. I just don't want a joker with a "normal " sounding voice, which is probably the only problem I have with Anthony misiano in the batman chronicles fan series teaser...

the way I personally always pictured the joker's voice in my head is kind of like a mix between peter stormare as the devil in Constantine, with a little bit of mike patton esque moments sprinkled in there. so at times it sounds more high pitched or nasally, and other times deep and scary as hell. it goes up and down, kinda like if heath's voice and Hamill's voice fused together. idunno, i'd have to try and do a voice recording of me reading off lines in a comic book doing the voice the way I picture it in my head in order for it to make sense lol. if only they'd get mike patton to voice act in an animated movie as the joker . lol

i'm also probably the only one who could see peter stormare as the joker too. he even wears a TDKR esque all white suit in Constantine. if they wanted an older joker and if he played it at all like the way he plays satan, he'd be great IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVFse1LLQs

i'm also really liking the idea of Robert knepper . so that's 2 prison break actors who'd be awesome in the role. lol

Last edited:
Cranston's pretty much everyone's choice for Gordon, but i'd love to see aaron as the joker.

he got dem crazy eyez y0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"