The Batmobile

AndrewGilkison

Superhero
Reaction score
Its finally time for the sports car Batmobile that I've wanted in the lead up to the Matt Reeves The Batman movie that I ultimately didn't get.

upload_2023-2-26_18-7-42.pngupload_2023-2-26_18-11-39.png

I've said many times that high-tech Batman aren't my cup of tea, and with the exception of the TDKR tank and the Tumbler, I've never been a fan of modern Batmobiles and prefer them to remain "relatively classic" cars (like Anton Furst's, Batman Tas, Battinson's muscle cars, etc).

That being said, since Gunn talked about the possible influence of Batman & Robin comics from Morisson on The Brave and The Bold movie, I'd really like to see the film share that same vibe that Frank Quitely gave to the title, and thus, see his flying Batmobile.

batman1p3.JPG

ECbatmanrobinmorrison.jpg

I know a lot of people are craving a more classic Batman world on film, but since they are going for this non-academic duet with Damian for Robin's return to the big screen, I guess stealing Dick's Batmobile to give it to Bruce wouldn't be a problem.
This kind of vehicle would certainly be different from Reeves' but also completely new to the audience. I can picture it being quite popular. As said above, I really think the "dark but colorful" approach found in Morisson & Quitely's issues would be an excellent direction to revitalize Batman on screen, at least visually, and tone down the inevitable feeling of saturation.

I've said many times that high-tech Batman aren't my cup of tea, and with the exception of the TDKR tank and the Tumbler, I've never been a fan of modern Batmobiles and prefer them to remain "relatively classic" cars (like Anton Furst's, Batman Tas, Battinson's muscle cars, etc).

That being said, since Gunn talked about the possible influence of Batman & Robin comics from Morisson on The Brave and The Bold movie, I'd really like to see the film share that same vibe that Frank Quitely gave to the title, and thus, see his flying Batmobile.

batman1p3.JPG

ECbatmanrobinmorrison.jpg

I know a lot of people are craving a more classic Batman world on film, but since they are going for this non-academic duet with Damian for Robin's return to the big screen, I guess stealing Dick's Batmobile to give it to Bruce wouldn't be a problem.
This kind of vehicle would certainly be different from Reeves' but also completely new to the audience. I can picture it being quite popular. As said above, I really think the "dark but colorful" approach found in Morisson & Quitely's issues would be an excellent direction to revitalize Batman on screen, at least visually, and tone down the inevitable feeling of saturation.

I don't know if I like that design (looks a little too much like a flying saucer), but I am very cool with a version of the Batmobile that can switch on a dime to a Batwing or Batplane type flying vehicle. There is even precedent in the franchise for that where we got the Tumbler transforming into the Batpod in TDK.

I like a more sports car look. I like the Batmobile having some tank-type functionality but I don’t like the tank aesthetic as much for it.

Back to the original:

60p5tu.gif

ev2PL7H.gif

7e71na.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"