The Dark Knight The Batpod (Verdict after the trailer)

this actually proves how funny and silly batman can be. ppl think he can only be interpreted in one way, and that that version is #1. no, its not. but one thing is for sure, batmobile has always had fins/looked unrealistic. because......hes batman.

Well, NOW we think it looks silly. Probably was awesome back in the day. And NO, obviously my example shows that not all Batmobiles had fins. Fins aren't an integral part of the idea. As long as it gets Batman from point A to point B while allowing him to survive whatever is going against him and employing gadgets to assist/defend him at that particular point is all that matters. I do love the Batman 89 batmobile, but I always thought it would look better without the fins and batrims. More utilitarian, less showy.

this actually proves how funny and silly batman can be. ppl think he can only be interpreted in one way, and that that version is #1. no, its not. but one thing is for sure, batmobile has always had fins/looked unrealistic. because......hes batman.

jackass, those aren't fins that his cape fluttering the wind.

and wtf does haveing batman toys have anything to do with anything? pfft, troll remark.

Your right THIS does prove how funny and silly batman can be.
It can be interpreted in "Nolan's Batman" Universe in a different way but YOU are saying it "has to have fins" in order for it to be rightfully called Bat-esque/Batman etc. THAT(fins/bat-emblems) is not THE #1 version by which OTHER Artists/Interpretations will survive during common era/future times.

Your merchandise only serves as evidence for a sub-conscious biased opinion about YOUR vision/version of what Batman is.

by the way

I never read a Batman comic until recently(first one was 8 yrsold)this past week, just watched BTAS every episode and still do...but thanks to p2p :) I just finished reading TLH/TKJ/Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. Looking for TMWL...but so far

:wow:

Now did any of the differences take anything away from the STORY in any of those comics or did it give it more.....originality G-man? While also respecting the source material not mimicking it?

i think it is good, but not great. Hopefully it has a story behind like the tumbler. i dont want it to be like the old batman films where all of a sudden hes got a new gadget/toy.

I would say the most important thing regarding fins and stuff like that on the Batmobile is are they practical?

If you want the Batmobile to look sleek and have fins: fine; but make them serve a purpose . . . it was acceptable for the Tumbler to look the way it was and deviate so much from the past models because there was a reason for it to look the way it did . . .

The batpod is friggin awesome! and on this whole fin discussion there is no need for them. they don't make it look sleek at all and they aren't practical. that is why i love the tumbler so much. it is a practical and well designed machine. and the batpod is just amazing.

fins on the tumbler just make it look more "batlike" atleast it does in the shot from BB where you see it on the roof of the parking garage

In order for one to appreciate the Batpod, it has to be admired as complimentary to the Batman. Only when the Batman is riding it does it look like a vengeance demon out of bad place!

In order for one to appreciate the Batpod, it has to be admired as complimentary to the Batman. Only when the Batman is riding it does it look like a vengeance demon out of bad place!

Maybe, but stand alone the thing looks ugly to me

I thought it was great because it looked practical in a sense that they built a working model instead of CGI parts etc much like the Tumbler.

The tumbler only got what? two scenes. Makes me think it will be gone pretty early

Having batman face off in his vehicle while the joker just stands theres made me think of batman 89. I just hope batman doesn't miss this time ;)

"Cmon you gruesome sonofa***** cmon! hahaha!"

jackass, those aren't fins that his cape fluttering the wind.

He he!! And seriously, Google, you want to see this onscreen? :wow:

300px-Batmobile-1950.jpg

Funny you seem to not read comics based on your sig. quote, but you sure as bad place whining like a hardcore comic book fan with complaining about the look of the Batmobile not having fins or whatever. And you call some troll? Newsflash, son: many of us have been around few years before you, troll. :whatever:

I didnt like the look of the batpod but when I saw it in action in the trailer, I loved it

I would say the most important thing regarding fins and stuff like that on the Batmobile is are they practical?

If you want the Batmobile to look sleek and have fins: fine; but make them serve a purpose . . . it was acceptable for the Tumbler to look the way it was and deviate so much from the past models because there was a reason for it to look the way it did . . .
Well if you look at the Batpod, the design (or lack of) is pretty impractical. And everyone here is loving it. So I don't see why it can't work the other way around.

The better question is, if Nolan had gone with a traditional batmobile with fins, would ANY of us here be up in arms over petty design elements? I mean honestly...

i'm hugely impressed with the batpod. it looks great in motion. i know it's only there for extra merchandise but nonetheless it is pretty neat.

I just like that first shot of it in the trailer...I can't explain it the way it teeters on it's wheels, the sound of it, it's pretty quiet too....I mean really really quiet for a little reconnaisance type sh|t.

ummm you dont have to read the comics to know the batmobile is supposed to have fins and look sleek. :whatever:
really? wow, i guess kane really screwed the pooch when he made it red and finless then huh?, bad place, that's canon! that's from the comics! lets make all of batman's cars red and sports cars!!!

uc73 chill out mate..but yes I hated the old batmobiles. Batpod, is beautiful, sleek, semi-quiet and it can drift!?

here's my two cents if anyone cares
i think that the batmobile and other bat-vehicles should be used very sparingly, if at all
for a guy bad place bent on keeping his identity hidden, driving around just isnt very practical. only someone with a lot of money could obtain these, and whos stopping someone from just following the car? like in that batman beyond cartoon where someone puts a tracking becon on the batmobile?
i prefer batman to just appear, no one knows where he comes from or where he goes off too, he just shows up from the shadows
i really liked how nolan has treated the batmobile so far, its not so much a means of travel as it is a weapon. i think the batpod will continue that trend

it cant be worse than the bat-ice-car or whatever the bad place he used in the sewer in batman returns

uc73 chill out mate..but yes I hated the old batmobiles. Batpod, is beautiful, sleek, semi-quiet and it can drift!?
oh i'm perfectly calm, i just don't care for the way anyone's claims that don't support googleme's view are allways incorrect...:o :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"