The Batpod (Verdict after the trailer)

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by TheBat812, Dec 15, 2007.

?

Do you like the Batpod (after the new trailer footage)?

1. Hell yes, it's badass.

2. It's alright, but nothing special.

3. I can deal with it, but it still sucks.

4. Nolan? wtf were you thinking?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Magenta666 I Never Asked For This

but you love it because you get to say "told ya so" about a million times...for the record, i still dont like the "batpod"

2. Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

Even thought I'm starting to warm up to the Batpod, but I thought animated gif you post is pretty funny. :funny:

And BatmanFanatic, your gif of Bale is funny as hell too. Thought it might get deleted, 'cause of the language. We can't post the "s" & "f" word, but I think damn & ass is allowed. Just as long it not used too much.

3. Secret_Riddle Registered

The Bat-Pod is the perfect progression from the tumbler.

4. Shadow Moses FOXDIE

5. BatmanFanatic Registered

What in the world is "what Nolan did in BB" have to do with our debate on keeping the Jokers skin consistent? Unless you suggest that the Joker being very very pale is somehow just TOO outrageous for the rest of the world to take TDK seriously? Like, more outrageous than microwave emitters and a ninja palace on top of the Himalayas?

6. General Vulcun Registered

1. I like the Bat-Pod. I didn't care for the look at first, but was intrigued and curious from the start. Seeing 2 minutes of it in action, and I already want to have sex with it.

2. There will be a reason for the Bat-Pod's existence. Why? Because it's Chris *beep*ing Nolan, that's why. Is this the type of director that things in terms of coolness over necessity? Hell no. He ain't Michael Bay, he's Chris Nolan, baby...Chris Nolan.

3. Batman's vehicles don't need fins or bat symbols on them. They're not necessary. Why? Because who else would such vehicles would they belong to? Batman is the only man in Gotham that this type that has such vehicles. And I really doubt that the thugs would be saying:

Thug 1: "dude! there's a giant, black, tank-like vehicle coming towards us! It's gotta be THE BAT!"
    Thug 2: "Well, does it have fins?"
    Thug 1: "Uh...well..."
    Thug 2: "what about little, mini bat symbols on the wheels, or even the side of the tank?"
    Thug 1: "uh...no."
    Thug 2: "then it's not Batman, now help load these -"
    Batman: "It's raping time!" *knocks 'em out*

Bottom line: FINS. NOT. NECESSARY.

7. TheBat812 Registered

We're talking about the batpod?:huh:

8. BatmanFanatic Registered

Well isn't that just like saying, why does the Batman need a batsymbol on his chest? I mean, who else could he be? Why does he really need bat ears? Thats not very streamlined, or necessary... who else could that guy who beats the crap out of everyone and wears all black and a mask be? So he doesn't REALLY need bat ears does he?

9. BatmanFanatic Registered

All confused now. Never mind then, moving on to the batpod!

10. Nightmare "Kill Them All"

The "Batpod" looks cool, love that part in the trailer where it does that spin around joker.

11. BatmanFanatic Registered

I just love the crazy sounds it makes when it does that. Every time I see it I think, "Oh $#!t! Batmans ride is about to snap!" Lol =)

12. BatmanFanatic Registered

[​IMG]

So the rumor is the Batpod emerges from the Tumbler ... possibly during a huge action sequence where the Joker in the back of a semi totals the Tumbler with a rocket launcher.

Your thoughts - Matryoshka doll Batpod way cool, or completely lame?

13. Max Doobermin Registered

Lame. And hopefully untrue. I'd be willing to bet it's not true.

14. Monster Reborn

There's already a Batpod discussion forum BatmanFanatic.

15. Ledlunar Registered

I like it, It's consistent with the Bat Mobile from Begins (which I thought was great) I mean if the Batmobile from Burton's went over a roof It would bottom out and he have to get the big middle leg to rotate it off, The Tumbler makes sense and he can really escape anyone in it without having to be a Formula 1 or Nascar driver, I'm guessing the Batpod will be the same, Even the way they described it as steering sound's cool and sensible the arm covers and way it moves with the shoulders.

16. BatmanFanatic Registered

Yah but we're not here to talk about whether you like fat Batpod tires or not. We're talking about this emerging from the other vehicle idea.

17. Monster Reborn

but it's the same thread?

It will get moved anyway, I don't mean to be unfair about it.

18. BatmanFanatic Registered

You think nothing of the suspiciously similar tires then?

19. Monster Reborn

From the trailer, the batpod doesn't look very secure. I could see it start to topple over during the scene where Batman curves around The Joker.

20. Max Doobermin Registered

I do not. It is developed by the same guy. Probably made from similar parts. Whatever reason the Tumbler needed such tires, (perhaps the thickness and strength) the Batpod would also need similar tires.

21. BatmanFanatic Registered

Well, here's another thing. It would be HUGE "action-candy" for the average movie goer, a big talking and selling point for the ticket price. I can just heard it now... "DUDE! YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT THE SCENE WHERE THE TUMBLER TOTALLY GETS F***ED UP MAN! AND THEN YOU TOTALLY THINK BATMAN HAS STUFFED IT AND HERE HE COMES ON THAT BAD - ASS BIKE!"

And it would also be a nod to BR where the Batmobile basically stripped down to a "bat-rocket" in order to get through that tiny gap between buildings.

Not saying it's my favorite idea, I just can see why they would do it.

22. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

I love the Matryoshka iea, but I thought it was established that this is what's gonna happen.

23. Ledlunar Registered

he should sit in the middle of the body with 2 huge wheels on each side of him so he can flip and keep going (kindof like that remote controlled car for kids who cant drive a regular one)

24. Max Doobermin Registered

No. It's not established. And it really doesn't make any sense. Where would this Batpod fit into the Tumbler? The Tumbler is what it is. Unless he got a new one made with the Batpod inside, it's nonsensical.

And besides that, I think it's kind of lame personally. Too cartoony for my tastes. I don't mind him pulling out another vehicle. And I do think the Batpod looks cool. I just don't think it'll "emerge" from the Tumbler. I not only think it would be cheesy, I also think it doesn't make a lick of sense.

25. BatmanFanatic Registered

But again, how is it any different from what happened in BR? Can't "tumbler parts" just come flying off until there is a Batpod revealed underneath? Just because we didn't see it in BB doesn't mean it hasn't been there the whole time ;)

Just sayn'