BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yep. it's obviously not an adaptation but there will CLEARLY be an influence

[YT]2559riZ7u5g&noredirect=1[/YT]

We already know this film includes Superman, Batman, Martha Kent, Perry White, Lois Lane, Diana/Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Alfred Pennyworth. Based on the cast of characters alone, it sounds nothing like DKR. The only element I think this will take from Miller's DKR is the confrontational relationship between Batman and Superman at first, and maybe some visual homages, if any.

This ^

The only story points we can expect from TDKR is:

1) We will have an older, wiser Batman who has been active for a long time.

2) Superman will likely becoming an unwilling government tool (in this case, to rehab his image post-MOS).

3) The battle between Superman and Batman will be under the same conditions as in DKR. I.E., in a enviroment where Superman is largely cut off from the sun and has been exposed to Kryptonite (non lethal), and where Batman is wearing strength enhancing armor.

2) Superman will likely becoming an unwilling government tool (in this case, to rehab his image post-MOS).

3) The battle between Superman and Batman will be under the same conditions as in DKR. I.E., in a enviroment where Superman is largely cut off from the sun and has been exposed to Kryptonite (non lethal), and where Batman is wearing strength enhancing armor.

I agree on 1.
I don't see 2 happening
and 3 maybe

[YT]2559riZ7u5g&noredirect=1[/YT]

Snyder says something in here which should completely put to rest the "concerns" of some people about Snyder's love for TDKReturns, and references to it, and even the admitted influence it will have on aspects of the film, will mean a less caring approach to the Man of Steel himself.
Snyder says that to do an actual adaptation of TDKReturns would require a different Superman all together.

In otherwords, NO, MOS2 will NOT be turning Kal into a puppet for the govnmt, follow orders, blah blah blah.

Yes
NO
Maybe.

Yeah, I think the end of MOS confirmed that Superman won't be a government tool, considering that he told a government official that he wouldn't be a government tool.

if you go back and read what myself and theShape have been posting it's that
Oh yeah I see that now. My b.

TDKR is the only book that has been brought up so far as an influence, it's safe to say some elements will be taken from the book, but based on MOS and based on who has been cast so far, it's clearly not going to be a direct adaptation.

Snyder has noted how important the book is to him, I'm very interested in seeing what elements of that storyline will make it into this film.

My ideal movie would take elements from TDKReturns, the DCAU, Lex Luthor: MOS, Azzarello's WW run, and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

He hasn't need one in the past 40 some years with the JL, why should he need one now?
Because this is a cinematic universe, it's not people drawn on a page. So batman's shortcomings will be even more apparent here. And they would get to sell more toys.

I'm just saying it's a possibility.

I don't think there's much need for the robotic armored suit.

They could just explain that Batman has extremely durable armor underneath the thin material that makes up most of his suit

I don't think there's much need for the robotic armored suit.

They could just explain that Batman has extremely durable armor underneath the thin material that makes up most of his suit
Yes exactly. I hope we dont get any robo batsuits.

I think we'll get one. I rather not have one, but I think we'll see it.

As long as it is clearly a one-off, then I don't really mind. It should be clear that it is useless against Superman, though.

well if he has to wear one against Superman, wouldn't that mean he'd wear one for all of JL? Because the threat in JL will presumably be as strong as or stronger than Superman....

well if he has to wear one against Superman, wouldn't that mean he'd wear one for all of JL? Because the threat in JL will presumably be as strong as or stronger than Superman....
But there he'd have the JL to do the big fighting for him, while he can do his batman stuff, like infiltrate some base and disable a weapon, whip out a new deus ex machina gadget, etc.

@Rorschach

Exactly- that's why it needs to be proven to be useless against Superman. If you didn't anticipate the extent of Superman's powers, dressing up in a bat-eared bomb-disposal suit to face him might seem like a good idea; but Batman, being a perceptive individual, should quickly realise the flaws in that plan.

Yeah, I think the end of MOS confirmed that Superman won't be a government tool, considering that he told a government official that he wouldn't be a government tool.
Exactly

Last edited:
63ba7f04ab62b43cb474203af26f1a61.jpg

This logo has overcome my initial reservations... there is something archaic about it - in the mythic, legendary sense.

I don't think this fan mockup is quite correct. Some of the angles and proportions don't look quite like Snyder's photo. I think the actual symbol may be more aesthetically pleasing when we get a proper shot of it straight on.

This!!!

Personally, I think that anything that does come from adapting material from Miller's "TDKR".. Will be centered more around Barman.. His age.. His mentality, and his look..

I think that that is pretty evident so far with the reveal of the Bat-suit..
Looks like it would be hard to say that there is not a nod to Miller's work after seeing that pic.
I also think that we will see a second suit.. And it will be closer in design to what Miller used in "TDKR", than something along the lines of the newer "Arkham" games..
As far as "how" Batman uses the suit? Will there be a conflict between these two Hero's?
Conflict? Yes.. Fight? Not sure..

It is pretty well documented that Miller was/is not a fan of Superman.. Thus he handled that character in a certain way..
A puppet..
And let Batman get the better of him.. Physically..

Snyder's view of Superman, so far, seems to be different.. More of a fan of the character..
Thus, I think that that is where it will be different to how Miller went about it..

It would be funny to see the conflict happen.. And for Batman NOT to have it go his way. At least for me..
It would make it more interesting if it wasn't simply a straight translation from the pages, but I would like to see the conflict..
Through this conflict? Batman would gain the respect for Superman..
And Superman can take the role of leader.. Which I think is important leading in to the enviable "JL" film..

And Batman can keep that Kryptonite in his back pocket..

Please no robosuit. I don't need Batman treading into Iron Man territory. And also Batman should be able to combat Superman in ways other than fisticuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"