The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatScot

BatScot Mon the Hoops!

If it's close... it can't also be "obvious" that is isn't. It is reasonably close though, based on any objective measure of the original, and that's close enough. If instead you meant that it's obviously a manip and not a front on pic of the actual suit, well I knew that, obviously ;)

2. RAE072

RAE072 Samhain

The only things I don't want to see in this movie taken from DKR is Superman as a government mule and a retired in ANY fashion.

Bruce was around 55 in DKR, I think had been retired for a few years prior. Affleck is only 41 and could easily play a 35 year old or less.

Just let Batman be Batman. No woman to make him "question his mission", no "my body can't take it for only less than a decade" crap.

A seasoned, in his prime Batman is exactly what needs to be shown.

3. batmanao23

batmanao23 WB ain't messin'

It was rather odd that Bruce clearly says in the Dark Knight that "Batman has no limits" yet it only takes Rachael's death for him to retire for almost a decade.

4. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

It wasn't only rachels death at all. If you actually saw TDKR you'd have known there wasn't really a need for batman anymore in Gotham, after the death of dent and the passing of the dent act which put an end to the mob rule in gotham and created a huge drop in crime overall.

Bruce only wanted to be batman for as long as he was actually needed and at that time he wasn't, or more so he was still needed as a scapegoat for Harvey.

5. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

Just a few of the things that made me hate the Nolan trilogy.:oldrazz:

6. batmanao23

If only we had more villains in the trilogy

7. Neno_Kos

Neno_Kos Well-Known Member

one of worst batmans ever :word: i really dont see what it's good about nolan movies (except Joker), batman would never disappear because of some girl dying, instead he would only come stronger and better with more motive to stop crime. god i hate it , i am glad we are getting reboot. batman needs some justice.

8. Reiter

Reiter Well-Known Member

He was the only Batman that has ever actually won his crusade on crime.

9. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does seem that way... but only if you insist on misreading everything in the movie.

10. RAE072

RAE072 Samhain

Ugh.

Just...ugh.

Batman Begins was awesome, The Dark Knight was amazing, TDKR was a disappointment.

Oh well, 2/3 ain't bad.

11. Mr. Finger

Mr. Finger Well-Known Member

I felt the same way about those decisions.. But I still like the first two movies of Nolan's trilogy..

12. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

Ra's
    Joker
    Two-Face
    Bane
    Scarecrow
    Catwoman
    *Earle
    Falcone
    Maroni
    *Chechen
    *Lau
    *Gamble
    Zsasz
    Talia

Is a pretty good list for three 2 1/2 films. It's also fun to note the few made-for-trilogy gangsters were pretty awesome, especially the Chechen, Earle and Lau.

Hell, we got damn great to expectations breaking renditions of Ra's, Joker, Scarecrow, and Two-Face in my opinion...

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  13. batmanao23

I meant during the 8 years of his retirement.

14. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

Outside of some minor TDKRises editing and flow issues I have, the only two things I'd fix in the trilogy are have more ramifications for Flass and have the Joker cameo (impossible, I know) in the 3rd film.

15. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

MoS was nowhere near the TDK trilogy in terms of quality...and BvS has a LOT to prove. It's sad to see everyone already bashing the TDK trilogy, after just one picture of the new suit. If the suit was everything, TASM2 would be the best Spider-Man movie ever.

It's easy to forget that before the TDK trilogy, Batman and Robin is what we had.

16. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

I'm sort of surprised no ones made a manip of the new Bat-Suit with the classic yellow oval Bat symbol.

17. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Are you serious right now? :BA

18. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

The thing is the armor Miller went with looked like it would render Batman so immobile that Superman's speed would make the fact it could take a hit moot. Plus it was the 80's, everything was big, now things are invented to be as sturdy and functional, but much less weighty and cumbersome.

At any rate I think the AK armor looks strong but still with enough give that it will allow Batman ease of movement.

[​IMG]

I think the Miller armor would look like Stark's Mark I in live action.

19. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

I've seen a few, and I think they looked good, too.

20. Reiter

Reiter Well-Known Member

I thought you were going to talk about the ramifications of the lie. Both the promotional posters (bane standing in front of a mob, on the tumbler, etc) and the movie (bane giving people jobs under the city, bane trying to liberate the city, etc) at first show bane as this revolutionairy that is out to liberate people, he exposes the lie, and nobody cares. Because guess what, he's a villain and he's threatening everyone with a nuke. And he doesnt even care about that anyway because he just wants to torment the city until bruce gets his back fixed.

And then you think there would be some reconciliation between batman and the city, but nobody lives there. Nobody wants to fight for it. There's just the main cast and the police force. And then this lying rich guy and the police which is on his side storm the cathedral of capitalism and money that is Wall Street and kick the revolutionairies out.

I dont know what Nolan was trying to say with that.

Anway....

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  21. Reiter

Reiter Well-Known Member

I think that's Arkham Knight, an Azrael type villain. I am not sure.

22. guitarsingerguy

guitarsingerguy Who am I?

It is. HR knows. He's simply saying if they decide to go the armor route, something akin to that would be more fitting.

23. Reiter

Reiter Well-Known Member

Oh ok, my bad!

24. darknight7

darknight7 Well-Known Member

I recall there was word that Nolan would have preferred a different suit in begins. But was restricted by time. Therefore I don't think the complaints about the fight cinematography was the reason for change.

--dk7

25. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

Yeah... I'm not thrilled baout the rumours of a second "anti-Superman" suit.

On the one hand, I think Snyder is exactly the sort of guy who would have Superman and Batman have a fistfight... But on the other hand, he must be conscious of the fact that no level of armour is going to save Batman from the level of power depicted in Man of Steel.

That being so, I have to believe he has some trick up his sleeve for how this conflict plays out. Or, at least, I hope he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.