BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people really saying the outer part of the new suit is rubber and not some sort of fabric?? And the new suit is much more comic accurate than the Begins suit(which I actually did like). I love the new suit , and can't wait to see it in action!

That's because it wasn't very good. A crap still life painting of a bowl of fruit isn't proof that fruit can't be painted well.

Rather than be a smart arse ..... That's obviously Maguires muscle suit as the 2 suits from SM3 are hanging next to it.

I do appreciate your approach, and lack of taking the insult path.. I do..
Clicked on the pic without giving it a good look.. Whoops..

The guy that I spoke to about the "TAS" suits had a friend that worked on the suits. He explained that there were muscles suits, and part of the reason was to be on top of.. And hide the wiring harness as well... For most of the scenes with the Andrew and the stuntman on wires.

But, due to my posting of the wrong pic? Looking like a bit of an ass?
I do not have any pics to back it up.. Just the words of "some guy" I met..
:doh:

Regardless of anything else, This pic certainly proves that Affleck at least makes a terrific looking Batman. Possibly the best looking one yet.

That's because it wasn't very good. A crap still life painting of a bowl of fruit isn't proof that fruit can't be painted well.

I don't understand how it is that we're having a discussion about whether a faithful costume can work... when there it is, working right now, in Batman V Superman.

Though, silly me, I actually thought the conversation was over the day Spider-Man was revealed in 2001.

I don't think "faithfulness" is the only reason this batsuit looks so good. It's not an exact translation of any suit from the comics. It's a mixture of comic influence and pleasing design.

I agree with Mrs. Kent, I don't think the Black-Grey colour scheme is what makes this suit good. It's the attention to detail that they put into it, ranging from Batman's scars, to the animalistic qualities.

You will notice that I made no claim to speak for anyone other than myself.

The way you worded it made it seem like it was a given fact that previous Batmen looked nothing like Batman.

The end of Swatman and the brutal excision of X-Men: The Last Stand all in the same month... what a deeply satisfying feeling.
3f4b611b32a3f04ecd770eb2154e8397.jpg

The way you worded it made it seem like it was a given fact that previous Batmen looked nothing like Batman.

I guess everyone has their own ideas of what batman is supposed to look like. Batfleck is much closer to what I envision for the character than the Nolan suits. As you said, the animalistic qualities are a nice addition. He looks much more batish to me, as opposed to a man in a tactical outfit with some bat themed pieces added.

Actually, yes. Now, I will say that Bale could have easily worn a more faithful costume (I think Bunk's concepts from back in the day represent the ideal balance between the classic costume and the nature of the Nolan films), but not this particular costume.

It's the same reason The Wolverine went off the rails for me when suddenly a giant robot samurai appeared at the end. I've got no problem with robo-samurai, just like I've got no problem with to-the-letter comic book costumes--but a robo-samurai did not belong in that particular film.

I think this costume would stick out like a sore thumb in the Nolan films. A costume somewhere in between, though, would have been fine, and infinitely preferable to what we got.
"something resembling"...

BatsBegins6.jpg

... "just slap a bat on the chest"

Do you guys remember this leaked pic? I think we all agreed it was fake, now I'm not so sure. Could we still be getting lenses???

The Batman Dead End costume pretty "faithful" and it looked horribly cheap and kooky in live action.
So did this...

a702752053ada54d679bdcfa6bb42aa5.jpg

Did they not eventually make that work in "live action"?

Answer:
They made it work in "live action".

I think the fact that my subjective statement was subjective would be obvious, as resemblance is not objective or quantifiable. It does not correspond to a unit of measure, such as a Resemblo. Nobody says "You are five Resemblos similar to Barack Obama" if you look a little like Barack Obama.

"something resembling"...

BatsBegins6.jpg

... "just slap a bat on the chest"

Ah, well, clearly we were considering the problem with different degrees of adherence to the BVS costume.

Yes, that's right: the Buffy the Vampire Slayer costume.

So did this...

a702752053ada54d679bdcfa6bb42aa5.jpg

Did they not eventually make that work in "live action"?

Answer:
They made it work in "live action".

Indeed, yes they did. As they have now(apparently) with the Batsuit.

How faithful can you get anyway, doesn't the costume change all the time? The Batman Dead End costume pretty "faithful" and it looked horribly cheap and kooky in live action.

It looked cheap because it was cheap (in comparison to these big budget films).

Ah, well, clearly we were considering the problem with different degrees of adherence to the BVS costume.

Yes, that's right: the Buffy the Vampire Slayer costume.
Except in that it looks like Batman.

That's how Jeff draws Spider-Man after he takes acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"