BvS The Batsuit Thread - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what about the belt? :hmm
I thought about adding that, but realized I didn't care about the color of the belt. If I had to say, based on the pics, then I'd say it's black or a very dark metallic gray; but it could just as easily be bronze or gold. The belt color is just not as relevant to me as these other components: black, yellow/bronze/gold, or brown leather all work as far as I'm concerned.

The underwear on the outside.
That is one way to describe it; and accurate of a time. But it's not the only way to achieve the look, which essentially just breaking up the gray with some black. Snyder handled the issue successfully with the Nite Owl costume, and the Arkham Orgins batsuit manages the look just fine. The problem with trunks is not the trunks; the problem is the overly simplistic view of trunks as underwear.

I suspect that "closing" the nose helped to keep the cowl in place. It did have the effect of making Bale look sill[y][ier], and sound [more] comical, however.
The city of scars cowl had an open nose and stayed in place.

The city of scars cowl had an open nose and stayed in place.

I would guess that since the material for City of Scars was lighter than the heavy material of BvS, it's able to stick with the head movements better.

I would guess that since the material for City of Scars was lighter than the heavy material of BvS, it's able to stick with the head movements better.
So...City of Scars 1:0 BvS? Because "stick with the head movements better" is a definite +1

Last edited:

You don't know that the material used for Ben's suit is heavy at all (it probably isn't). It was likely a stylistic choice to not have the bottom of Batman's nose showing in this film. If Snyder wanted his nostrils exposed, he would have found a way to do it. And it wouldn't have been difficult, since he already successfully had a superhero cowl with this look on this guy:

Nite_Owl_film.png

I'm amazed he could move so well without stabbing himself with that huge moon in his hip.

Completely off topic, but...

If this movie features an older, semi retired Batman in a DKR-style story, as rumoured, then the next solo Batman film should be based on Under the Hood, and the return of Jason Todd (the death of whom motivated Batman to retire).

...And Jason Todd should be played by Jensen Ackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"