BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

He has a cape/cloak because he's a superhero/detective. There absolutely does not need to be any other explanation, ever. There CAN be if that's what creators want, but there doesn't HAVE to be. "It looks cool" is more than enough.

I agree with so much of this.

And just think---even the grappling gun wasn't a thing until the 80's. Before that, he swung around on a rope tied to a Batarang. It's strange to think about now, just like its strange that all Batman would need to do to get around Gotham is run across rooftops and grapple around. A glider, Batmobile, or Batwing would just be more efficient.

I'd love to see a Batman movie set in Year 1 or 2 where he has to throw the grappling hook. I love the low-tech ness of that. Then in the next one he can get one that shoots it but can't pull him up, then finally he can get the one that can pull him up.

Obviously that's not what we're getting, but if the ever do any flashbacks about Affleck's Batman, they could have something like that.

Aside from Jean Paul Valley's Batman suit having one and occassional uses of a piton gun in the late eighties and A LONELY PLACE OF DYING, the grapnel/gun wasn't really that much a thing in the comics until the BTAS/TNBA-inspired design revamp of the Batman comics in the late nineties/early 2000's or so. Before that, he mostly swung around on the Batrope, and the grapple was more a convention of the films.

rFCVL26.jpg

BATMAN
Prime 1 Studio is proud to present HDMMDC-05 BATMAN from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Batman is crafted in 1:2 scale with attention to detail and Likeness, standing around 43 inches tall and is an ultimate Batman piece for all fans.

Specifications:

• 43Inch tall: 109.4cm [ Body: 99.7cm(H),Base: 9.7cm(H)x47.1cm(W)x36.2(D)]
  • Accurate details fabric costume
  • High-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect
  • Two (2) Emblem for display
  • LED Spotlight function on base

Finally. A piece of Batman merchandise I actually want.

Prime 1 Studio has done a better job with BvS than Hot Toys imo. The price, though.

Prime 1 Studio has done a better job with BvS than Hot Toys imo. The price, though.

Well, the Prime 1 is a statue, and the Hot Toys is a figure that needs articulation points and can't be made the same way, so it's apples and oranges between the two.

rFCVL26.jpg

BATMAN
Prime 1 Studio is proud to present HDMMDC-05 BATMAN from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Batman is crafted in 1:2 scale with attention to detail and Likeness, standing around 43 inches tall and is an ultimate Batman piece for all fans.

Specifications:

• 43Inch tall: 109.4cm [ Body: 99.7cm(H),Base: 9.7cm(H)x47.1cm(W)x36.2(D)]
  • Accurate details fabric costume
  • High-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect
  • Two (2) Emblem for display
  • LED Spotlight function on base

I like the likeness to Affleck it's very much like Jim Lee's rendition of Batman.

31037d47d44e5a99960af25aa32764f2.jpg

3356404-batman+suit.jpeg

If only that statue wasn't going to be thousands of dollars.

I'd kill to have that, although I don't think my girl would be crazy about having a 3.5 ft tall statue in our place.

I'm afraid to ask how much it is.

The JL cowl seems to have longer ears and more pronounced straight lines. Look at that neck.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg

Not a fan of the neck, truth be told. I was hoping Wilkinson could find a way to streamline the cowl a bit more without compromising its flexibility. Here, it looks so large it almost comes across as silly. And because of how much larger it makes the head look, they're going to have to keep Affleck in bulky padding in order to maintain realistic proportions.

Love the ears, though.

Last edited:
I'm liking that new cowl. I wonder what the rest of the costume will look like...

Not a fan of the neck, truth be told. I was hoping Wilkinson could find a way to streamline the cowl a bit more without compromising its flexibility. Here, it looks so large it almost comes across as silly. And because of how much larger it makes the head look, they're going to have to keep Affleck in bulky padding in order to maintain realistic proportions.

Love the ears, though.

It's impossible to accurately say that the neck is any larger than the BvS cowl from that image and angle. The bottom portion of it even looks a little wrinkled or bunched up, whereas it will be tightly fit on the actor's body as it is in BvS.

For all we know, it could actually appear to be a little sleeker and more streamlined than it is in BvS when worn by the actor. Also, for all we know, that could even simply be a BvS cowl and not a new JL production cowl that will be used in BvS. Who knows.

Fair point.

I do love the contours of the ears, though. Reminds me a bit of No Man's Land.

That new cowl is not a BvS cowl..
It is lever and more bulky than the BvS cowl..
And it has different ears and forms..
It also looks like there is a Mould line..a seam that is visible?
Definitely a new cowl.. and definitely larger than the BvS cowl.
I like everything else in the pic.. and I believe the black suit has nothing to do with Batman. Thinking GL on that one.
So far, I am not a fan of this new cowl.. Looks less cool than most cosplay cowls.
More interested in the rest of the pic..
Sorry Mc"whatever"... JL looks like it is moving forward.
I look forward to seeing that new cowl on Ben's he'd to see what it reply looks like in show and form.

This new cowl looks exactly the same as the BVS cowl to me, I cannot see any difference whatsoever.

This new cowl looks exactly the same as the BVS cowl to me, I cannot see any difference whatsoever.

There are some very obvious differences. A chin piece and a straight ridge/edge along the side of the head that goes to the ears. Neither of those things are on the BvS cowl.

That being said, they are in a workshop with test suits and half designed stuff. That Batman cowl is probably just an early mold. A work in progress. It may not be the new JL cowl.

Yeah, I definitely don't see anything, based on this pic, to conclusively say the cowl is different.

There are some very obvious differences. A chin piece and a straight ridge/edge along the side of the head that goes to the ears. Neither of those things are on the BvS cowl.

I don't know there doesn't seem to be any more of a "chin piece" than on the BvS cowl:

Batman-Affleck-Cowl.png

I also think that "straight edge" is just the outline of Bruce's ear, which I see in the pic above as well.

Again, given the angle of the pic, I don't see how it's conclusive that the cowl is new.

Last edited:
Ears are round, for starters, and the chin piece is thicker. The mouth opening seems far smaller. I think it's logical hat bats is going to don a new suit in JL he needs to, he's going against Gods now.

Ears are round, for starters, and the chin piece is thicker. The mouth opening seems far smaller. I think it's logical hat bats is going to don a new suit in JL he needs to, he's going against Gods now.

All of those things could be attributed to the angle of the pic (and the fact that the cowl is at the edge of the pic which can result in distortion).

I agree that it's logical his suit might be different, but this pic does nothing to convince me that the cowl is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"