BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one way to have both the white lenses and allowing Ben to emote with his eyes is to blend the mask tight into the eyes with prosthetics and have pure white contact lenses. This could allow the mask to move with his brow, and the closest thing to a cinematic attempt at this are cutscenes from the Arkham Games, instead of being panda eyes.

I have long championed the idea of prosthetics for the cowl, but I'm not sure about the white contacts. Could work, but it wouldn't really provide that iconic "slit" look of the eyes in the comics.

And cool people care about Moon Knight.

Last edited:
I liked Huston and Finch's Moon Knight from '06, but Bendis' was god awful.

what if the cowl was like this persay. (not a fan of the chin strap)

reevz-custom-jim-lee-batman-cowl-mask.jpg

I won't rise to that!

I think the "chin strap" just represents the boundary of the bare jaw area. Obviously, the neck isn't attached, so the strap is in fact just a sliver demonstrating where it starts.

HankTheTurtle said:
The problem with this is that the actual shape of a person's eyes when wearing white contacts isn't going to translate into the stylized white eyes you'll find in the comics.

It seemed fine to me when Batman uses the detective mode in the Arkham games, and since his face is a lot more realistically proportionate than the comics, I don't think it would look too bad. As long as it doesn't just look like white contacts, and maybe has a bit of a glow to it, just enough to suggest a display he's looking at.

I have long championed the idea of prosthetics for the cowl, but I'm not sure about the white contacts. Could work, but it wouldn't really provide that iconic "slit" look of the eyes in the comics.
Well, I'd like to see them try it, at least. If it works, it works; if it doesn't, it doesn't. One option would be to have the lenses sometimes white, and sometimes clear. I can imagine some great shots of Batman standing, surveying criminals, barely visible against the sky or whatever and gone completely unnoticed by the audience until the white eyes light up.

9655454069_1d6a221949_b.jpg

I don't think it would look too bad, bearing in mind I only coloured in the eyes (not the eyelids or anywhere outside of that). I still think it would be possible to see his full range of emotion despite not being able to see his pupils.

Here are some options.

This would be a traditional cowl, without any black makeup around the eyes (think Adam West):
Cowl-Natural-Eyes-ShadowOnly.jpg%7Eoriginal

This one is pretty much how it's been done in live action since B89:
Cowl-Natural-Eyes.jpg%7Eoriginal

This would be the same as above, but with all white contacts. I'm not a fan. A person's natural eye shape just doesn't look right when trying to allude to the comic book look:
Cowl-Natural-White-Eyes.jpg%7Eoriginal

Stylized lenses, simple, flat white:
Cowl-Lenses-Plain.jpg%7Eoriginal

Stylized with a glass like finish:
Cowl-Lenses-Glass.jpg%7Eoriginal

Stylized, if for some reason someone might want the eyes to glow:
Cowl-Lenses-Glow.jpg%7Eoriginal

I think retractable lenses could work well for scenes where Batman might need to use night or infrared vision. Personally, I'd love to see one shot where all you see is a black silhouette and the gleam of the eyes. I wouldn't want permanent lenses, though.

I would actually like to see BatFleck in a dark grey cloth material...

Last edited:
I would actually like to see BatFleck in a dark grey cloth material...

It's hard for me to take the white eye lenses seriously in live action, it comes off as silly to me and would take a lot to convince me, the manips prove it just looks silly.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the lenses in live action.

A couple more.

Semi-Transparent:
Cowl-Lenses-Clear.jpg%7Eoriginal

Semi-Transparent with glow. The idea is that instead of the lenses themselves lighting up, there would be lights just on the inside of the eye holes, lighting up the eyes as if he were looking at an illuminated display.
Cowl-Lenses-Clear-Glow.jpg%7Eoriginal

I think smoked-out or translucent is the way to go. Plain white eyes recall the cheap special effects of old Hong Kong Kung Fu movies, to me.

Just do a Detective/Sonar vision that we've seen in the previous series' and Arkham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"