BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was offensive. ..anybody wanting a black suited Batman to glow red is pretty ban worthy imo :o

Man, if I could ever afford one of those busts I would be so happy. As for the costume though, all they are is just the comic costume.

I love the mask and its a nice realistic representation of what I would like to have it look like.

You might as well start on about the cape or the body armour. You're not supposed to read that deeply into things.

And yet fans like to talk about the components of his suit as if he were real.

Sure, there's a divide between complete fantasy and gritty realism, but in a balanced medium where realism is meshed with some fantastical elements, the long ears shouldn't be a huge hindrance to Batman's stealth/ninja capabilities.

Heavy, immobile body armor is a far greater handicap for Batman; he can't move like a ninja, period. He becomes a straight up brawler like Bale.

I prefer shorter ears, but long ears shouldn't be discarded because its not realistic. Too long would obviously be extreme but I think long as the Arkham ears is fine.

051-Beware-The-Batman.jpg

This would probably be the upper limit for length.

I'd just thin out Bale's cowl's ears and make them a tiny bit longer and sharper.

Longer ears are not that unrealistic. If anything, they are a necessity. Bruce wants to appear as a demon to the criminals of Gotham. Longer years make him look more like a monster and more intimidating from the shadows.

How long are you guys talking here? The B89, BR and BF cowl had longer ears than the Bale-cowls, and I wouldn't want anything longer than Keaton's cowls.

I'd make them shorter than Keaton's, but longer than Bale's...if that's possible? :o

I would actually prefer short ears this time because, as this is a Batman in a world with superpowers, I feel like this movie should present a more heroic side of Batman, rather than "the demonic terror of the underworld" side. Like in the Justice League animated show, where Batman is still awesome and intimidating, but he's not a psychopath.

He has pretty demonic Bat looking ears in the JL show lol

But Batman doesn't model himself on looking heroic. He's a monstrous looking hero. Keaton pulled that off perfectly.

But Batman doesn't model himself on looking heroic. He's a monstrous looking hero. Keaton pulled that off perfectly.

Monstrous looking? In that case, Armitage would've been perfect.

tumblr_majj2lt5jA1r3b60go1_500.gif

Personally, I think the ears on the Alex Ross Batman (like on my Avatar) are just about perfect, but I don't mind ears that are a little bit shorter (but not by muach)

Those ears are way too long. It's like the older Bruce gets, the worse his hearing gets... so he overcompensates by increasing the length of the bat ears. :oldrazz:

Yeah I know, I wasn't really use that appearance as an example of what I want, more just the general tone of the character. And one of the great things about Batman is that he can be both terrifying and heroic depending on what type of story he is in. I definitely want to see Batman the superhero rather than Batman the urban myth in this film.
I think this length is pretty much what I want.
375px-Batman_Vol_2-3_Cover-2_Teaser.jpg

Personally, I want to see the urban myth in this movie. A true creature of the night. He can be more "heroic" in JL when he's out in the light with the other heroes, but I need him to be dark in this movie to contrast with Superman. Psychotic too. Gotta be psychotic.

Last edited:
Personally, I want to see the urban myth in this movie. A true creature of the night. He can be more "heroic" in JL when he's out in the light with the other heroes, but I need him to be dark in this movie to contrast with Superman. Psychotic too. Gotta be psychotic.

Yeah, contrasting with Superman is a good argument for the urban myth Batman. I guess what I was trying to say is that I just want a Batman whose abilities and tech are more like a comic book hero, rather than a realistic vigilante. I still don't want a psychotic Batman though since that usually ends up like the All Star Batman and Robin type of Batman character.
Who+doesn+t+want+to+be+the+GODDAMN+BATMAN+_23296a70ceba1b4ecbde6eb36390c51b.jpeg

Another reason I guess I don't want a psychotic Batman is because I feel like questioning the mental stability of Batman trivializes him being Batman, it's like waving it off as just "the antics of a crazy person". And in a world full of superheroes, deciding to dress up in a bat costume to fight crime isn't as crazy as everyone always says it is anyway.

Last edited:
The suit needs to be really functional... Real body armor so when he fights and gets hit IT REALLY protects him.

For instance....

On Batman Begins I really liked how he always tried to grab someone and jump down something. Guy gets knocked and scuffed, he keeps going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"