BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, how awesome would it be if they could capture that panel on screen? Imagine Superman turning around because he hears something, and all you see is that giant shadow. And then it disappears.

Man I really dislike the Avengers Cap suit, i just hate the material, and don't get me started on that god awful cowl, but yeah I hope the Batsuit takes no inspiration from it

All I want is that it looks sturdy.

pEVXiT0.jpg
This is awesomeness.

I like that it has some color when he's in the light, but it's dark enough that he'd disappear when in the shadows.

After looking at that Bale audition video and seeing a pic of Murphy's audition, I forgot how nice the Forever cowl looked at the end of the film.

I liked the Forever cowl in the audition better than I did the TDK cowl

God I love Tim Sale's Batman. That's probably my favorite look in the comics for Bats

I was thinking about what visual influences Snyder might use for Batman, and I think its actually pretty obvious.

Like Superman in Man of Steel, I think John Byrne and Jim Lee will be big influences, but with their Batman as well as their Superman.

5905157263_40e5913b25_b.jpg

tumblr_mkvey7Dg5J1s2u4wdo1_500.jpg

batman_hush.jpg

absolute-batman-hush-reimprime-L-OXety3.jpeg

And then of course, I think Batman's design in TDKR will play a factor as well

0.jpg

God I love Tim Sale's Batman. That's probably my favorite look in the comics for Bats

Mine, too.

He can be the guy NO ONE ever wants to mess with.

tumblr_ma95p3lqBv1qzirv0o1_500.png

But much of the time he just comes across as sad. Not even an intense kind of sadness, just a grimace comprised of not merely anger but more of an underlying hopelessness. Batman's inherent pessimism and stoicism is shown by his face, but also his underlying sense of drive.

1777164-batman_the_long_halloween_1_pg26.jpg

tumblr_mbofarBoPR1rtsw1bo1_500.jpg

4d19216d138a7.jpg

His head tends to fixate on the object of target, whether it be a clue or opponent.

I think many artists do a great job of showing the superhuman elements of Batman, or the more human side, but I can't think of someone who does it quite as well as Sale. To me, he's the definitive Batman artist.

Last edited:
Mine, too.

I think many artists do a great job of showing the superhuman elements of Batman, or the more human side, but I can't think of someone who does it quite as well as Sale. To me, he's the definitive Batman artist.

Same man. He's the greatest. I wish he'd do another story with Loeb. Haunted Knght, TLH and Dark Victory are all great but theres room for more

I love Tim Sale's Batman, but the nose in some panels sometimes bugs me (the panel with Batman at his father's grave). It's a bit crooked and sticks out too much. Even makes Batman's head's shadow look awkward.

^ To me, some of his eyes look a bit buggy, and Batsy's lip curls noticeably. "Off model" Sale can be occasionally distracting. But Sale at his best is pretty much everything I want from Batman visually :)

The Arkham City suit is cool but it probably has the worst cowl ever. Long ears look stupid. Also, Kelley Jones is the worst artist to ever touch Batman. He's nearly as bad of an artist as Rob Liefeld.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion of Kelley Jones's work on batman

I thought the Arkham City cowl looked good most of the time.
F2zbank.jpg

I'm loving the cowl and the suit especially in Arkham Origins, if I were Snyder this would be my main inspiration for the suit
61vNOBZ.jpg

gzabTiF.jpg

cTmxvNK.jpg

Brown with the slightest hint of yellow would be perfect. Too yellow or gold of a belt stands out, brown really mixes well with the grey and black suit

Actually, IMO, if the gold is dark enough, that can work, too. But I agree, I really like the yellow brown color for the belt the best. Bright yellow is right out.

Yeah I loved the gold utility belt in the Nolan films.

I think that without the trunks Batman's suit doesn't look right, and the Arkham Origins provides the perfect alternative to trunks
JmGGbP1.jpg

Man I really dislike the Avengers Cap suit, i just hate the material, and don't get me started on that god awful cowl, but yeah I hope the Batsuit takes no inspiration from it

This.

It really is a terrible suit.

Now, I wouldn't mind if the materials for the Snyder Batsuit mirrored that of THESE Captain America suits:

c41.jpg

c5.jpg

But not the Avengers one. Not at all.

Though honestly, if theres ANY CBM suit the Batsuit should be drawing from, its the MOS suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"