BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I loved the gold utility belt in the Nolan films.

I think that without the trunks Batman's suit doesn't look right, and the Arkham Origins provides the perfect alternative to trunks
JmGGbP1.jpg

I would be over the moon if this were the new Batman suit.

Uck, No. that would be a horrible suit. Way too bulky. He'd barely be able to walk, let alone fight in that.

Have you seen the Origins trailer?

I've seen it.

And in real life, no way would he be able to maneuver, as he should, in that.

The suit(s) from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City make more sense form a technical standpoint.

The Arkham City suit is cool but it probably has the worst cowl ever. Long ears look stupid. Also, Kelley Jones is the worst artist to ever touch Batman. He's nearly as bad of an artist as Rob Liefeld.

Jones draws in a style some love and some hate. Liefeld just can't draw.

Have you seen the Origins trailer?

That's a video game, so I really don't know what kind of guide you think it is for real-world costume dynamics.

I've seen it.

And in real life, no way would he be able to maneuver, as he should, in that.

The suit(s) from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City make more sense form a technical standpoint.

It's neat, but the suit would totally weigh him down IRL. So yeah, no "Origins" Batsuit ;)

Last edited:
I don't want to see the bulky suit again, but I wonder what this suit is made of. The actor/stuntman is completely encased in a suit, but still seems to have a lot of mobility.

[YT]OfUVoRclPKo[/YT]

The Origins suit could be made out of light fibreglass so acrobatic moves would be possible whilst still looking sturdy. I have no doubt the bat suit could look and move like the Origins trailer.

I want to see the Arkham City style Batsuit with the long pointy ears
24awlub.jpg

I would love for this to be the suit:
jla_cg_concepts___batman_by_danielaraya-d2znyew.jpg

Artwork by Daniel Araya

I love this. the cowl fits the shape of his face and jawline. The way the cowl makes the actor look has always been a problem for me, and i could never get into any batman movie.

In my opinion, Christian bale did not have the face for batman.His face was to skinny and to me it looked awkward in the cowl or the cowl made his face look awkward. Why i first heard that Ben Affleck was batman i looked at his chin and was immediately on board. Hopefully the cowl compliments his countenance.

The Origins suit could be made out of light fibreglass so acrobatic moves would be possible whilst still looking sturdy. I have no doubt the bat suit could look and move like the Origins trailer.

Doesn't matter. Even if it's not all that heavy, it's still too bulky and restrictive. It's supposed to represent heavy armor, and that would make it totally unbelievable he could move like he does in the Arkham trailers. It works for the game because it's obvious it's CGI, but it just won't work for Live action.

Doesn't matter. Even if it's not all that heavy, it's still too bulky and restrictive. It's supposed to represent heavy armor, and that would make it totally unbelievable he could move like he does in the Arkham trailers. It works for the game because it's obvious it's CGI, but it just won't work for Live action.

I humbly disagree.
The picture of the Origins costume is from a toy, so is naturally more bulky and cumbersome than the actual practical suit need be.

jla_cg_concepts___batman_by_danielaraya-d2znyew.jpg

This looks amazing as is actually similar to the Origins suit but is a little more sleek and streamlined.

Last edited:
I disagree with Batgeek as well, they can make the costume out of any material even the TDK material, so it doesn't have to be restrictive or heavy. And it doesn't have to be so bulky either, they should tone down the gauntlets and the boots but then its perfect. I dunno where youre getting the idea that it would be impossible to work in live action lol you have no imagination

I disagree with Batgeek as well, they can make the costume out of any material even the TDK material, so it doesn't have to be restrictive or heavy. And it doesn't have to be so bulky either, they should tone down the gauntlets and the boots but then its perfect. I dunno where youre getting the idea that it would be impossible to work in live action lol you have no imagination

:up:

What I like most about the artwork is the hard plates with the soft joints which will eliminate 'bunching' when Batman bends his arms and legs. The Batman Begins 'bunching' was absolutely SHOCKING and made the suit look like it was made out of cheap plastic.

I think he is pointing out that it is undesirable, not suggesting that it is impossible, in live action.

Obviously, you can point a camera at whatever you like, no matter how ugly the results.

It's not the Arkham Origins suit that is bulky, it's the ridiculous proportions of Bruce/Batman's body, which is how the artists have chosen to render the character. His proportions (even in Arkham City) and muscles are bigger and more exaggerated than Superman's in MOS. Looking at the toy someone posted above, the suit is comprised of several armored areas which could certainly be lightweight. It's not "supposed" to represent heavy armor, but simply armor. It's never mentioned to be heavy or shown to be so.

Yes, I realize it's a video game comprised of CGI that we're talking about, but a live-action Batman with more realistic proportions could wear a suit similar to that and wear it well. It's less busy-looking than TDK's suit and without those oversized robot guantlets/boots, a suit like this could retain the classic look of Batman (grey/black) whilst still allowing him to appear to be protected.

I'm not saying I specifically want to see the Origins suit in this new movie, but I do think it's a good starting point. In terms of the new Batsuit, I believe we're going to get a compromise between the tighter, fabric-looking suit of the comics and the kinds of armored suits we've seen lately. Something that, as I said before, retains the grey/black look of the comics but with a modern twist that at least has a basis in reality. Everyone has such divisive opinions in this thread of what they want to see (and what they don't want to see), but believe it or not, there CAN be a middle ground between TDK's suit and the way Jim Lee draws Batman, for instance. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

It's not the Arkham Origins suit that is bulky, it's the ridiculous proportions of Bruce/Batman's body, which is how the artists have chosen to render the character. His proportions (even in Arkham City) and muscles are bigger and more exaggerated than Superman's in MOS. Looking at the toy someone posted above, the suit is comprised of several armored areas which could certainly be lightweight. It's not "supposed" to represent heavy armor, but simply armor. It's never mentioned to be heavy or shown to be so.

Yes, I realize it's a video game comprised of CGI that we're talking about, but a live-action Batman with more realistic proportions could wear a suit similar to that and wear it well. It's less busy-looking than TDK's suit and without those oversized robot guantlets/boots, a suit like this could retain the classic look of Batman (grey/black) whilst still allowing him to appear to be protected.

I'm not saying I specifically want to see the Origins suit in this new movie, but I do think it's a good starting point. In terms of the new Batsuit, I believe we're going to get a compromise between the tighter, fabric-looking suit of the comics and the kinds of armored suits we've seen lately. Something that, as I said before, retains the grey/black look of the comics but with a modern twist that at least has a basis in reality. Everyone has such divisive opinions in this thread of what they want to see (and what they don't want to see), but believe it or not, there CAN be a middle ground between TDK's suit and the way Jim Lee draws Batman, for instance. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

I agree with this, the suit is bulky because BATMAN is bulky.
It's the design I like rather than the size and heft.

I'd rather not see any bit of armor on the new Batman suit. Do something different than what has come before.

I'd rather not see any bit of armor on the new Batman suit. Do something different than what has come before.

What's come before (imho) hasn't been all that great. I want to armour look perfected. I've seen a great Spider-Man suit, A great Superman suit but I've yet to see a great Batman suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"