The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Ahem... *Nite-Owl.

2. Alex_Spider

Alex_Spider Well-Known Member

I am posting again a manip I did a little way back for those who missed it. Right click>open in new window for full size

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

3. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Someone should morph THIS design with the one you posted above. [​IMG]

4. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  5. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

I wouldn't object to him having it when he's out and about scaring criminals, but when he's actually talking to people (or, more specifically, his allies), it shouldn't be there.

6. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

^ Wow, that looks like his diving suit ;)

That would be neat, but weird. Though I think it would help suspension of disbelief to the audience. Anything that helps Affleck seem less like Affleck is good for him. The poor guy will have to give a performance of a lifetime to even be thought of as GOOD in MOS2 :csad:

7. roach

roach I am the night

It's an ok look but I would prefer a Batman that actually looks like Batman. The Nolan era of a realistic Batman is done with. He doesn't have to be encased in armor anymore....nor am I asking for spandex.

8. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

I think this pic serves as a great reminder why underwear just wouldn't look right in live action. Not that that there's really a chance they'd use it.

9. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

:up:

10. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Disagree.

11. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

:down

12. RetrogradeOrbit

RetrogradeOrbit Do I look like I'm joking?

There is something that I would like to see with regards to the cowl and cape design.
    Unfortunately I am not an artist so I can’t draw what I am thinking of. But hopefully I can convey it with words.

I would like to see a cowl and cape that are, or at least look like, they are attached/one piece. The cape should be able to drape across the shoulders essentially having each side join to form a “V” at the bottom front position of the cowl.

Kind of like this…

[​IMG]

I want the cowl to be able to twist on some form of bearing/o ring arrangement so that
    1) Bats can turn his head (handy when reversing out of the driveway!)
    2) The cowl and neck section look as if they are actually one piece or at least an assembly that fits/blends together.

That way we could get something that looks awesome and yet is functional at the same time. Well, it would be awesome to me anyway!

Hopefully I managed to explain it okay...

13. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Yes. Because a Cosplay is definitely the right gauge for that. :o

14. roach

roach I am the night

exactly

15. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

We know you do. :)

A cosplay suit isn't a great example, but still, I don't see the necessity for the trunks. Of all the core elements of Batman's look -- boots, gloves, gauntlets, cape, cowl, belt, symbol -- the trunks are by far the least essential. Just because the trunks are a part of YOUR vision of Batman doesn't mean they should necessarily be a part of this new interpretation of a modern age Batman.

I, too, love Batman's classic look. However, the trunk-less New 52 looks very much like the Batman we all know and love, so I certainly think we can have a classic-looking Batman without the trunks on film.

16. roach

roach I am the night

while I agree that trunks are pretty useless...basing that on a cosplay suit is not really a good idea
    That would be like using my inability to build a car as proof that Ford can't make a fast Mustang.

17. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

the Batsuit for Arkham Origins
    [​IMG]

18. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

To theShape:
    This is true, and I actually wouldn't have a problem with something like the new 52 suit, I kinda like it, actually. All I'm saying that this idea that the trunks wouldn't work at all in a movie is nonsense. (IMO, of course).
    And really, why do the trunks have to be "necessary"? Why do the gauntlets have to have fins? Why are the fins necessary and the trunks are not?
    Look, I understand that it's likely the movie suit likely won't have trunks and I'm OK with that. I guess being an old (very old, LOL) Batman fan, I really don't understand the hate for the trunks. It makes no sense to me.

19. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

It's not even that they're useless. I'm not suggesting they should be nixed because there's no realistic "reason" Batman would wear them. I just don't thin they're needed in this instance, especially based on the success of the MOS suit. The trunk-less Superman suit in MOS looked very much like "Superman". I don't think the trunks were truly missed by anyone, and that's funny because Superman is a character that has been linked to the trunks on-screen much longer than Batman.

20. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

i feel you on that, Bathead... i feel the same way for the approach on the trunks for Superman

21. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

I don't think it's fair to say there's so much "hate" for the trunks. Rather, I just don't think there's much support for them by fans. It's something many fans are willing to live without, aesthetically. No, there's no "necessity" for Batman's arm fins, per say. But, admittedly, they look badass and go well with the scalloped cape. Despite your personal feelings on the trunks, they do essentially signify Batman wearing what looks like underwear over his pants, which is inherently not as badass-looking as the rest of Batman's core costume elements...at least in the eyes if many fans.

When you look at the trunks in terms of "what looks cool to fans and what doesn't", I think it makes sense that the trunks wouldn't be in high favor when it comes to live action ideas. There's no complicated psychology behind the fans distaste for the trunks in live action other than feeling that particular aesthetic element from the comics wouldn't translate too well to live action.

22. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

So perfect. The boots and gauntlets look slimmer here

23. Harrier

Harrier Well-Known Member

I kinda like the AO suit more than the one from Asylum/City.

24. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

I would be very pleased with this in live action.

25. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

I don't see what looks bad about it? Looks fine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.