BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
batfleck.png

I like this one.

Screen_Shot_2013_10_13_at_7_59_48_PM.png

From the upcoming mobile game...their version of the New 52 suit..

At least the nose on the cowl looks good on their New 52. :hehe:

That's the first version of the new 52 suit I've seen that hasn't looked ugly

Can't say I like it. It's too bulky and armored looking. I don't like the oversized gauntlets either.

Can't say I like it. It's too bulky and armored looking. I don't like the oversized gauntlets either.
It's one thing I hate about the games in general. The games are a blast, but goddamn, tone down the gauntlets and boots. Batman almost looks like a Gears of War character.

It's one thing I hate about the games in general. The games are a blast, but goddamn, tone down the gauntlets and boots. Batman almost looks like a Gears of War character.

Yeah I hate that too. the Arkham Origins suit is almost perfect aside from the ridiculous boots

Funny thing is, part of the reason that most of the characters in the Arkham games are so buffed up is because they use the same engine as the Gears of War games, Unreal 3.

Most AAA titles use Unreal Engine 3. DC Universe Online used it too and Batman had more normal looking gauntlets and boots in it.

DC_ren_icnChar_Batman_multi.jpg

I do love Bermejo though, even if I'm not a fan of that design. But goddamn, is that dude beyond talented.

Funny thing is, part of the reason that most of the characters in the Arkham games are so buffed up is because they use the same engine as the Gears of War games, Unreal 3.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the game engine. That's all art direction.

The reason the characters in the Arkham games are so buffed up is because the basic designs were done by Jim Lee. As you all know, Lee tends to draw Batman et al a little bit "Hulk-ish"

I read somewhere that the football sequence they're about to shoot , Gotham city players wear BLACK AND GOLD as the cities colours.... perhaps a subtle indication the suit will be going the traditional route of black and gold. Which is fine by me, as long as they have a bit of gold in there and not just all black.

The skins actually had better physiques for Batman, IMO. The 1970's skin had the best body, as it looks a lot leaner and more acrobatic. It also has a more aesthetically pleasing look, while the Arkham skin and the others are too hulk-y.

maxresdefault.jpg

bac2b-2bbatman2bskin2b-2b1970s.jpg

You guys are just nuts. The Bermejo suit is perfection.

Functional, realistic, incorporates all the design elements we love in a Batsuit, intimidating, has a semblance to organic musculature but doesn't overdo it like the Schumacher suits do.

And it's black and gray, and not the beyond silly-looking blue and gray.

No it's really ugly looking actually. The cowl looks ok sometimes, the armor on his chest is ugly the way its segmented. Same with the way its segmented on his legs. It's all jagged and doesn't look refined at all. It doesn't look like a suit a billionaire superhero would wear. The symbol might be the worst part of the suit. Gloves, belt, and boots are fine though

The skins actually had better physiques for Batman, IMO. The 1970's skin had the best body, as it looks a lot leaner and more acrobatic. It also has a more aesthetically pleasing look, while the Arkham skin and the others are too hulk-y.
Some of us like our Batman to be a little "hulk-y". I don't want Batman to be a lean acrobat. I see his partners (Robins, Nightwing, Batgirls, etc.) as the lean acrobats moreso than Batman. I want the Bat to be a heavy brawler. He should be muscular and athletic, but he shouldn't be jumping around and doing flips and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"