BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS I'm on the Hype for the first time in weeks and within two minutes I have to leap to Regwecs defence? Things never change....
All critics, listen to this man, he has wisdom beyond his years.

I argued with regwec relentlessly during the lead-up to The Dark Knight, but I have a whole lot of respect for the guy. Such an articulate, well-spoken chap packed with cogent thoughts.

I don't think he's pretentious at all, since I pretty much agree with everything he says.:word:

That suit makes Batman look too much like a shining silver knight IMO.

I think the basic design is OK, it just needs to be more of a plain flat grey color than the shiny gunmetal finish it appears to be.

I could type "in my opinion" at the end of every post, but you would have to be pretty dense not to realise that was the case.
Yes--and interestingly, whenever someone makes noise about "opinions," it's always in response to one that they do not value.

As for pretentious: I'm afraid to say I actually sound like this all of the time. It's not a choice, it's who I am.

One can write in such a way without conscious effort? Inconceivable!

Yeah that's definitely one of the best avvys on the hype

Leave Smallville out of this discussion! :argh::cwink:

Speaking of Smallville.......

Batman_SV_Ch_32_1359771075566.jpg

Now that's the type of Batman costume I'd like to see....................in a garbage bin!

I vote more cloth then armor (I wanted to provide a picture to illustrate my point, but google image provided no such luck). He should be lightly armored at best. I'd like this Batman to be emphasized with his agility and speed, as opposed to the brute force that Bale's batman was.

I think an important aspect of this new Batman suit, will be how well it works in more casual circumstances. Cause I believe, especially with JL on the horizon, it will have to be used more with a Batman just hanging around, and not always under dramatic lightning.

Both the Burtonverse and Nolanverse Batman never ventured into that kind of bigger more open world, but was more isolated to his own thing, with a clearer separating between Wayne and Batman.

Yes, you're right. If anything, I think that allows more scope for a "comic booky" costume, as it will look less outlandish amongst the colourful livery of other heroes.

Yeah i see no reason why Batman can't have his black and grey suit now, especially when we're going to see him next to the MOS costume

I think an important aspect of this new Batman suit, will be how well it works in more casual circumstances. Cause I believe, especially with JL on the horizon, it will have to be used more with a Batman just hanging around, and not always under dramatic lightning.
We might end up with Batman hanging out in the Justice League headquarters with his cowl always pulled back or just off. Wouldn't surprise me one bit and I guess it could make some sense within the story. Batman often removes his mask when he's in the batcave, presumably the Justice League headquarters would be about as secure, assuming his teammates can be trusted with his identity or already found it out somehow. Maybe the batcave will end up as the de facto Justice League headquarters?

then why even wearing the suit? he could walk around like hugh hefner the whole time :-)

We might end up with Batman hanging out in the Justice League headquarters with his cowl always pulled back or just off. Wouldn't surprise me one bit and I guess it could make some sense within the story. Batman often removes his mask when he's in the batcave, presumably the Justice League headquarters would be about as secure, assuming his teammates can be trusted with his identity or already found it out somehow. Maybe the batcave will end up as the de facto Justice League headquarters?

Not a Batman who is untrustworthy of metas.

He always wore it in the JL HQ in the animated series.

Not a Batman who is untrustworthy of metas.

He always wore it in the JL HQ in the animated series.
He had no reason to during much of the series after the core 7 all knew who he was but before they expanded in Unlimited. He just wore the mask because the mask is iconic to who "Batman" is. In movies though... well, actors seem to always be running around without their iconic masks on. I'm sure they wouldn't rob us of the cowl completely, and Batman would be involved directly in at least one action sequence, I'm sure, but I bet he could spend the whole movie in his Batsuit but only occasionally putting the actual mask on when needed.

He had no reason to during much of the series after the core 7 all knew who he was but before they expanded in Unlimited. He just wore the mask because the mask is iconic to who "Batman" is. In movies though... well, actors seem to always be running around without their iconic masks on. I'm sure they wouldn't rob us of the cowl completely, and Batman would be involved directly in at least one action sequence, I'm sure, but I bet he could spend the whole movie in his Batsuit but only occasionally putting the actual mask on when needed.

I don't know if they made the choice to always have his cowl on around the JL because it looks cool, or because of his distrust towards metahumans.

I lean towards the latter, but who knows. He always took the cowl off in the Batcave, but never at JL HQ which says a lot.

I love how Batman looks when he only has his cowl off. I hope we get to see at least one scene of Ben Affleck in the Batcave looking at the Batcomputer with his Batsuit on and cowl off

I love how Batman looks when he only has his cowl off. I hope we get to see at least one scene of Ben Affleck in the Batcave looking at the Batcomputer with his Batsuit on and cowl off

There's a great scene in the Watchmen movie with Rorshach and Owlman, where Owlman has his mask of, and his hanging behind him. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"