The BATSUIT Thread

Even if it had a proper budget, I'm sure that Superman IV would still have that scene where Superman walks into the UN and declares he's gonna take all nuclear weapons. There's no way you can take the movie seriously :funny:
Just like the first episode of Justice League...

I always thought Christopher Reeve looked his best as Superman in Superman IV. He just seemed to be at his most muscular stature and had the part down perfectly at that point. Unfortunately, that was the only highlight of that film in my opinion. Nuclear man is still the most laughable villain in comic book movie history.

I always thought Christopher Reeve looked his best as Superman in Superman IV. He just seemed to be at his most muscular stature and had the part down perfectly at that point. Unfortunately, that was the only highlight of that film in my opinion. Nuclear man is still the most laughable villain in comic book movie history.

I'm sorry, but a lot to disagree with there - he was toned and slimmer in that movie than all the rest. Superman 3 he was his biggest.
In preparation for that movie, Chris said he wanted to be lean and fit and not have to use braun.

Nuclear man laughable?? I felt it wasn't bad at all... generic, but had some some smart ideas behind it - same voice as lex, being his clone, also a clone of superman, which people forget - lex and clark DNA. Again if the budget wasn't halved... who knew what we could have really seen.

Lois looked god awful tho...

On the topic of the suit, I certainly hope it looks better in motion on Pattinson

Aside from a few obviously rushed/little care given shots from Whedon's stuff in JL, I don't think we've actually had a bad looking suit in motion on screen. They all have worked well in motion, even if they look odd or clunky in still/promotional images. I would imagine it'll be the same case for Pattinson.

Count me in as another that thinks Reeve looked best in Superman III. That’s the best Superman has ever looked in any film IMO. Also, there’s a lot to enjoy in III. It’s definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. The villains are the worst part, but the Smallville scenes, Richard Pryor (always great IMO), Lana, and the evil Superman are a lot of fun to watch. Superman III and Batman Forever both get a bad rep because of their sequels, but there’s a lot for fans to like in both films.

Yeah seeing it in that context ^ makes it clear IMO that this suit is inferior to all of the live action suits that have preceded it, with the exception of the arctic suit. I applaud Reeves for trying something drastically different, the end result is not aesthetically pleasing whatsoever though.

Yeah seeing it in that context ^ makes it clear IMO that this suit is inferior to all of the live action suits that have preceded it, with the exception of the arctic suit. I applaud Reeves for trying something drastically different, the end result is not aesthetically pleasing whatsoever though.

bUt HiS cHeSt PiEcE iS tHe GuN tHaT kILLeD HiS pArEnTs

Pattinson's suit sucks, I think we can all agree on that. I hope we get another Batman and another suit for eventual Justice League movies..
Nah, I don't agree. I think the pattinson suit is awesome. And I don't care about an eventual justice league film right now personally. What should be the focus now is Reeves trilogy

Nah, I don't agree. I think the pattinson suit is awesome. And I don't care about an eventual justice league film right now personally. What should be the focus now is Reeves trilogy
I don't want Pattinson in DCEU or in any form of JL movie but his current suit is far from awesome. At best, it looks like a suit inspired by Arkham Batman games and Injustice games.

Had Snyder done that, people would be calling it as an attempt equivalent to someone who has 12 year old's sensibilities as to what qualifies and Dark and gritty.
Nonsense. Because the Reeves suit doesn't look like "someone who has 12 year old's sensibilities". You are off the mark.

Cannot express enough how much I love Battinson's Dracula collar and how it adds a Gothic touch to a very militarized looking suit.

The reaction to the suit has been pretty divisive on Instagram (from what I’ve seen). There’s a lot of negativity towards the cowl, but most are on board with the suit itself.

The cowl really is the worst we have ever seen. No idea what they were thinking there. Very ugly. Use this time to fix the suit! It’s the perfect opportunity for them.

That’s just a fan photo. We’re supposed to judge the cowl based on a fan edit?

Nothing wrong with the suit. Don’t listen to anybody, keep it going as planned. This is why first looks at suits shouldn’t happen until a trailer hits. We all want those photos and screen tests but we’re better off without it. When Nolan and WB listened to complaints about Bane’s voice in the prologue, it made it much worse because it didn’t stop there. You listen to requests once and it spirals out of control. When does it stop?

DURING the creative process...there should be ZERO input from fans, for any form of art.

This is my favourite cowl ever put on film and the closest it's ever gotten to the comics representation of it.

I don't want Pattinson in DCEU or in any form of JL movie but his current suit is far from awesome. At best, it looks like a suit inspired by Arkham Batman games and Injustice games.

And those games have great, unique takes on the Batsuit. Your point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"