The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you thinking the president is a cylon or there is one of her?

Only reason I'd say she wasnt for sure was because so far we haven't seen any old looking models of cylons, most have had the mid-20s early 30s age look so far. So it'd be something new.

Evelisse said:
So are you thinking the president is a cylon or there is one of her?

Only reason I'd say she wasnt for sure was because so far we haven't seen any old looking models of cylons, most have had the mid-20s early 30s age look so far. So it'd be something new.

I don't think she is a cylon. The cylons want the prophecy to come true. We know this b/c the one cylon convinced Starbuck that she was the chosen one. We also know this, because Sharon1 found Kobol, she also found the Tilium asteroid. Moreover, Sharon2 not only helped Starbuck return with the arrow, but also helped Rosalin find the map room in the tomb of athena.

It's my understanding that the cylons are trying to bring about the prophecy by aiding those who are pivotal in it's coming true. So far, we know that Starbuck, Rosalin and Sharon2 are those that are directly involved with the prophecy (the chosen one, the leader, and the lesser deamon). And they have all been aided by the cylons (epi: flesh and bone) or sharon2 who is a cylon.

So far, we've also seen cylons take drastic action, when any one interferes with Rosalin. First Adama is shot, then he sides with Rosalin, then when Caine threatens her leadership, she is killed.

So the question is this: why do the cylons want the prophecy to be fulfilled and why do they appear to be helping the key players in the prophecy?

Gee, I can´t believe this thread isn´t bigger... I´m seeing the first season on TNT in my country... When I first heard of this, I thought "probably will be a cheap knock-off of the original, entertaining but cheesy, yadda yadda..." OHMYGOD was I talking outta my ass!! It whips the original show´s butt big time!! It´s Star Wars meets Blade Runner meets West Wing meets Saving Private Ryan!! The mix of classic sci-fi themes with the urgency of survival, the naturalistic dialogue and the innovative documentary look of the space scenes... this is the best sci-fi series of the decade so far, probably the best space series since Babylon 5!!

ultimatefan said:
Gee, I can´t believe this thread isn´t bigger... I´m seeing the first season on TNT in my country... When I first heard of this, I thought "probably will be a cheap knock-off of the original, entertaining but cheesy, yadda yadda..." OHMYGOD was I talking outta my ass!! It whips the original show´s butt big time!! It´s Star Wars meets Blade Runner meets West Wing meets Saving Private Ryan!! The mix of classic sci-fi themes with the urgency of survival, the naturalistic dialogue and the innovative documentary look of the space scenes... this is the best sci-fi series of the decade so far, probably the best space series since Babylon 5!!

I keep asking the same question myself

You know....I just don't trust that President's assistant. That young dude that follows her. I think he might be a Cylon as well. lol.

Also...why haven't we seen anything from the Cylon's perspective....like from last season. We used to see them talking to each other and stuff. I want to know more about them. Is there like a Cylon..LEADER?

You know....I just don't trust that President's assistant. That young dude that follows her. I think he might be a Cylon as well. lol.

Also...why haven't we seen anything from the Cylon's perspective....like from last season. We used to see them talking to each other and stuff. I want to know more about them. Is there like a Cylon..LEADER?

Lord Blackbolt said:

did you miss the Lucy Lawless episode, there was some of that in there. Also, if you check out the 'spoilers' (they're more like episode descriptions that don't reveal much) we get an epi that is all about a cylon that is killed, and its subsequent resurection in a new body (I'm assuming that pregnant Sharon gets killed once the baby is born). And it will be all about her coming back to life. Caps spoilers say the epi is an indepth look at the Cylon society and culture. So that should be pretty damn interesting.

Caps spoilers also talk about the finale, and that sounds really interesting aswell. I can't wait to see how it all plays out, because the implications of the episode should be interesting. Questions arise such as: will the Cylons reveal the rest of their models as a show of good faith?

I'm excited for tonights episode. It also sounds really interesting: Rosaline on deaths door, Sharon's baby as a potential cure (I guess cylons are immune to cancer) and Baltar potentially becoming the acting president in her absence (which makes me grin)

Another fine episode tonight, drama, drama, drama.

Baltar BAH.

The second season is shaping up awesomely.

Very much so.

Did anyone else think the images at the end of the episode of the President watching Sharon in her cell almost made Roslin look compassionate? I think the movement toward peace with the Cylons is a great plot device - this season is getting better with each episode.

yeah, this was unexpected, and I also like the shift back to internal conflict within the fleet. It should be quite interesting.

Now did I hear this right: Did Rosalin mumble "you're the father" as she pulled away from Baltar after her convulsions? That's what I heard upon watching the scene a couple of times.

what did yall think of the commercial with the baby? That was pretty sweet.

Oh boooy. They dropped the bomb! Literally!
:)
Loved the episode, the kind of stuff that stays with you. Galtar got his chance to shine this week, and just like Six noticed, there are aspects of this character we might never understand. After saving the president's life and being the hero of the day, he pulls a cuuurazy stunt like hading over a nuclear bomb.
I'm looking forward to next week. Who's making out with apollo!? Looks like a blonde :D but I think it's another flashback.

Superfreak said:
Now did I hear this right: Did Rosalin mumble "you're the father" as she pulled away from Baltar after her convulsions? That's what I heard upon watching the scene a couple of times.
:eek::eek::eek:
OK, now I have to go back and rewatch that eppy! I thought she just recognized him makin' it with a cylon...

Which leads me to a question: Does Roslin know that Six is a cylon? Admiral Kaine did, Baltar obviously does, who else? Did anyone ever question the Six that came on (last season) to claim Baltar was a cylon? I'm getting confuzzled:confused: it's time to watch season 1 again.

Lurk said:
:eek::eek::eek:
OK, now I have to go back and rewatch that eppy! I thought she just recognized him makin' it with a cylon...

Which leads me to a question: Does Roslin know that Six is a cylon? Admiral Kaine did, Baltar obviously does, who else? Did anyone ever question the Six that came on (last season) to claim Baltar was a cylon? I'm getting confuzzled:confused: it's time to watch season 1 again.

I think Baltar is the only one who has seen Six from the Pegasus. Of course, when they did the surveillance on the Cylon ship, they may have seen what the models look like, with both the Six model as well as the D'Anna Biers model.

I don't know what it was but Helfer looked particularly lovely the last episode. :) Both looks, Six and Gina, she just looked good. And she's not a bad actress either, the two characters she plays are worlds apart.

the fleet knows that 6 is a cylon. If they didn't find out last season when she 'dissappeared' after accusing Baltar, they found out when Helo, Starbuck and Sharon2 returned from Caprica (as Helo had a couple of run ins with 6).

and we also know that the president is not a cylon, thanks to the latest episode

LadyVader said:
I don't know what it was but Helfer looked particularly lovely the last episode. :) Both looks, Six and Gina, she just looked good. And she's not a bad actress either, the two characters she plays are worlds apart.

agreed: Helfer doesn't really fit into the token 'supermodel' actress. She's got a hell of a lot of range. From her as the 'imaginary friend' (where she also pretended for a time to be like starbuck), as well as her new Gina persona. I look forward to watching her career post BSG... because I suspect she'll be going places.

oh yeah: anyone notice how Grace Park (the most vulnerable appearing cast member) is the BSG punching bag. She shot herself in the face, Helo shot her, Cally shot and killed her, she was raped(attmepted rape), and now she nearly had a forced abortion. She is another player on the show that has had quite a suprising and brutal time.

Unfortunately you can't be a member of a species that committed mass genocide and not suffer for it. I feel sorry for her character but at the same time it makes for some awesome story telling. I enjoyed her breakdown because it just makes me wonder how much cylons and humans are alike. She just went nuckin futs, typical for a person under the stress and pressure she has been under. Couple that with the natural crucking faziness associated with pregnant ladies and frankly I'm surprised she didn't jump on that train to wackovile earlier. :)

Superfreak said:

I rewatched and I think she mumbles, "Doctor Baltar..."

*shrug*

Superfreak said:
the fleet knows that 6 is a cylon. If they didn't find out last season when she 'dissappeared' after accusing Baltar, they found out when Helo, Starbuck and Sharon2 returned from Caprica (as Helo had a couple of run ins with 6).

Does everyone know Gina shot Admiral Kaine?

Baltar is driving me nuts. Just when I think he's going to come around and be a good guy he does something like the end of this last episode. So who else thinks that little "gift" will be used on the Pegasus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"