The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, box sets are only available for seasons 1 and 2.0.

SPOILERS:

I liked the episode and was surprised by Lee's actions at the end. The girl he kept thinking of was his girlfriend, she died during the cylon attack. This is the first time they mentioned her so no, you did not missing anything. Is it me or do other people think that the Pegasus needs to have security outside the COs door. Two COs killed in a manner of weeks, in the same place, that's bad.

Hey Lurk, here's another point of interest for you:

anyone notice that the number on the presidents white board hasn't changed to take into account the arrival of the Pegasus? I mean you'd expect that ship to have a significant number of people on board. The number's been hovering around 49500 for a while.

I hardly dare to blaspheme the Great Galactica, but.......was anyone else kind of, um, bored by last night's eppy? I'm hoping it's leading up to something mind-blowing, but I really thought it just meh. :(

Superfreak said:
Hey Lurk, here's another point of interest for you:

anyone notice that the number on the presidents white board hasn't changed to take into account the arrival of the Pegasus? I mean you'd expect that ship to have a significant number of people on board. The number's been hovering around 49500 for a while.

WHY must you keep making me rewatch episodes?!?:mad:;):p

I wish I knew what was going on iin Battlestar Galactica. I saw the first episode a couple years ago (?) and didn't like it. I wish I had given it a better chance;; now I'm totally lost...

Lurk said:
I hardly dare to blaspheme the Great Galactica, but.......was anyone else kind of, um, bored by last night's eppy? I'm hoping it's leading up to something mind-blowing, but I really thought it just meh. :(

WHY must you keep making me rewatch episodes?!?:mad:;):p

Yeah, I kinda was - sort of like I was waiting for something good to happen, and then...not much.

Based on the earlier post I made about the subject matter of future episodes, I'm looking forward to a few things, so I can handle the occasional so-so episode.

:(

Honey Vibe said:
I wish I knew what was going on iin Battlestar Galactica. I saw the first episode a couple years ago (?) and didn't like it. I wish I had given it a better chance;; now I'm totally lost...

the miniseries wasn't so hot, but the opening episodes of season 1 really set the tone for the rest of the series.

As for what's going on, go get the first season on dvd, because it's really too hard to explain it, with mutiple copies of the same character walking around, explanation becomes impossible.

Something's happened to Roslind I think. Maybe some kind of nanobots in her system from the cylon amniotic fluid. She's definitely more aggressive.

Has anyone noticed how both the Cylons and the humans have matriarchial leaders? I wonder if there is relevance on the part of the creators. There is so much symbolism and metaphors in the show on many levels both theologically, politically, and in other areas.

Superfreak said:
the miniseries wasn't so hot, but the opening episodes of season 1 really set the tone for the rest of the series.

As for what's going on, go get the first season on dvd, because it's really too hard to explain it, with mutiple copies of the same character walking around, explanation becomes impossible.

i loved the mini personally... i think i'm weird :ghost:

Sentry2005 said:
i loved the mini personally... i think i'm weird :ghost:

I liked it, didn't love it though. Parts of it were really long. The series has improved upon it much.

What matters is that it was good enough and popular enough to make a show. :) I wonder if that was the plan all along. Some stuff happened, like Helo and Boomer getting stuck on Caprica, that was left unresolved by the end of the mini series. Did the producers intend to make a long running show all along?

LadyVader said:
What matters is that it was good enough and popular enough to make a show. :) I wonder if that was the plan all along. Some stuff happened, like Helo and Boomer getting stuck on Caprica, that was left unresolved by the end of the mini series. Did the producers intend to make a long running show all along?

yes

LadyVader said:

The producers hoped to make it a long series, but if I remember correctly from the commentaries, they were going to forget all about Helo. Since Helo was well liked and he did a good job they decided to continue his story. Then he met Boomer #2.

I´m watching the miniseries and I think it´s damn good. If the series itself is better, well, count me as an addict.

Scar

Excellent episode. Katee Sachef did a good job of portraying a depressed jaded damn near suicidal Starbuck. It's all in the eyes...
I am however struck by the fact that she's all of the sudden so in love with this Anders guy since they only spent a couple of days together and Apollo has been there for years!!! Ok, maybe he represents some good in her life but definetely not her entire life!
I also loved the idea that raiders can have distinct personalities, and they do in fact feel something.

I liked this last episode alot too. While it's what I call a "fluff" episode (story unto itself...mainly for character development...doesn't really forward the series' plot in any way) I still enjoyed it. Kinda took Starbuck down a couple notches.

yeah, scar was good. Coulda been better, yet it still maintains the high level of quality that BSG is always good for. My only beef is this: the only action that we've seen this season, has been interfered with by creative approaches to that action. In both Ressurection ship, and Scar, I was hoping to see a set battle, like in Hand of God. But this season, they've been doing this weird flashback thing, which I'm getting bored of. I don't want see something, and then get a caption in the next cut saying "48 hours earlier".

Like, I really would have liked to see the dogfight with Scar in its entirety at the end of the episode... just as in resurrection ship, the battle just happened, but was splitup into a pretty montage of death, rather than a flowing narrative of battle etc.

Otherwise, good.

These last few eppys have a different 'feeling' than the first season (and even the first half season 2). I agree, the flashbacks are getting annoying. That's a technique soap operas use a lot when they need filler :mad: I hate that.

I'm sort of surprised at Starbuck's reaction to Anders, but I guess sometimes you just meet that person you click with. It can't help that he is still 'home' and possibly dead. That's gotta frak with her head. The scene with Lee was way sexy! I love the tension, they did that perfectly. They're both so frustrated and pent up, but they really do care about each other. I loved the pissed look on Lee's face after Starbuck slapped him and kissed him, like gods dammit, how am I supposed to react to that?!?!

Kat has gotta go. I guess the writers are using her to develop Starbuck, to expose her weaknesses and highlight her growth, but I want to STRANGLE the stem junkie! I wish Starbuck had broken Kat's stein over head when she said 'My cup runneth dry'; she wouldn't have had a shot if Starbuck didn't set it up!!! Argh, stupid.

So......where was Baltar? Six? Gina? Roslin? Adama? Tigh? Mrs. Tigh? Dee? It seems like the individual storylines were intertwined better in the first season. Now it's one person's story one week, another person's the next. I prefer to see the ripple effect and how the ripples change and affect each other.

This is sort of a weird description, but it's as if in the first season the writers tossed a handful of stones into a puddle and recorded the magic. Now, it's like they'll toss in a stone, wait for the ripples to fade, then toss in another. Does that makes sense?

Now that Lucy Lawless is coming back, here's hoping she has a scene where she snaps Kat's neck or something.

I was really hoping that Kat would buy it in the last episode.

stim, stem, whatever. don't make me zap you:cyclops: ;)

Thought it was good episode again, yet I do agree its time to move the show along and finally choose which way they heading for sure, back to Caprica or Earth.

Anyone else notice them having Starbuck and Apollo doing and planing there work on Galactica, leaving no excuse for them not to make the Pegasus Go BOOM!

Evelisse said:
Thought it was good episode again, yet I do agree its time to move the show along and finally choose which way they heading for sure, back to Caprica or Earth.

Anyone else notice them having Starbuck and Apollo doing and planing there work on Galactica, leaving no excuse for them not to make the Pegasus Go BOOM!

you know, before that happens, I'd really like to see a Pegasus Centric episode. We haven't seen anything about the Pegasus and its crew. How are they coping with being with the fleet, how does life on Pegasus differ from life on Galactica etc.

Like the upcoming Cylon episode, it would be interesting to learn a little more about the pegasus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"