The Dark Knight Rises The BB3 Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiwan

Civilian
Reaction score
its become a tradition in the franchise that he gets a new suit in every batfilm, i hope he gets a new one, but why would he need a new batsuit? what are some of your own ideas about that?

It might not be tradition.

They needed a new suit for Bale even if he didn't get one in the story. Every actors body is different so they need to make a suit which fits them.

Every film has new technology which is superior to the last. Thats why costumes in films are constantly updated in new films.

The change of the suit was mostly a comfort factor for Bale. So I dont think its that necassary.

The new suit made him weaker. Separation of the plates makes you more vulnerable to knives and gunfire. So a story element to make a suit stronger than the TDK suit but less restrictive than the BB suit can be explored if they choose to do it.

I say stick with the current suit. It looks good and it's functional -- it just seems like a waste to get another one.

The new suit made him weaker. Separation of the plates makes you more vulnerable to knives and gunfire. So a story element to make a suit stronger than the TDK suit but less restrictive than the BB suit can be explored if they choose to do it.

Yep...That sounds just about right...

No need for new suit, it looks nice as it is now. Anyway, if there is any need for new suit, I prefer they don't make it big like in TDK. I'd like to see more action than change of armors.

Honestly I wouldn't mind having the BB suit back. Not. One. Bit.

EDIT: I know that from the story's standpoint that doesn't makes any sense, but oh well, I'm a fan of that suit. I prefer it to the TDK one by far.

The new suit is fine, but I'm not against more variety. If each film is to stand alone, then this can illustrate the "chapter" changes quite neatly.

I don't want to feel that one suit has surplanted another, however. I would like to see all of the suits arrayed in file within the Batcave, to demonstrate that they all still have their place.

The new suit is fine, but I'm not against more variety. If each film is to stand alone, then this can illustrate the "chapter" changes quite neatly.

I don't want to feel that one suit has surplanted another, however. I would like to see all of the suits arrayed in file within the Batcave, to demonstrate that they all still have their place.

That would be nice. One of the shots I liked from Batman Returns was when he goes to change and we see all the hundreds of suits, lined up like regular clothes in a closet, lol. I think with Bruce returning back to the cave (hopefully) we can get a nice shot of all the suits and spare parts laying around somewhere

The only way I think they should bring out a new suit is if it's because of technological breakthroughs that allows Batman to do his thing better, without losing the substance of Batman.

Seems like the suit need to get lighter and lighter. haha. making it more and more like the comics.

In all likelihood there will be another upgrade; after getting stabbed by Joker more than once & then getting shot by Two-Face, he'll want a suit where he doesn't have to compromise protection for mobility.

Right. Because with all his money & resources, Bruce Wayne so often has trouble getting things that he wants.

They'll most likely change the suit in some way.

It's mostly common practice in the genre for the costumes to get tweaked for sequels. Why would the next movie be any different?

He got a new suit in the movie for three main reason:

1. It allowed WB to sell new Batman toys:
2. Actually fixed problems of the old suit, and Bale could move swifter in it.
3. It made room for thematic exploration through its visual design (more on that later).

See, I wouldn't like to see another scene or two presenting the new wardrobe, but number 1 is not going to change, and number 2 actually makes sense since poster C. Reese made some good points:

So, if we already know that another suit is very likely to come, we can at least speculate about how could it be, visually speaking.

The Begins Suit was designed to make him appear more bulky and more animal, in a sense, specially in the area of the neck, which was a little bent forwards to make Bale seem broodier. He was the Bat Man, and one of the main themes in the film is how he made his persona to inspire fear. Hence, a more animalistic approach was required for the suit.

In The Dark Knigth, as the title suggest it, he acted more like a Knight. He was a champion of justice who was having a crusade against crime. His dichotomy of being a hero who acts beyond the law was more played up, and his new suit reflects that. Is not as bulky, but sleeker, its made of many separated metal plates, which make him look like a knight in armor... it is a suit designed to remember us that he is considered a hero who fights for justice. A knight, albeit a dark one.

So, if the end of TDK did not fool me, I strongly believe that one of the most prominent themes in the next movie will be how Batman lives the life of an outcast. He won't be seen as someone fair or shiny by the public. If he was feared in BB and respected and "almost" idealized in TDK, in B3 he may be Hated. And, maybe he will be seen Uglier.

That's why I believe that his new suit will be more bent on describing how much of an outcast Batman has become. It will be more animalistic than the one in TDK, but with slighter alterations. Therefore, maybe the most obvious idea would be a combination of the dark/hulky suit in Begins and a sleek/armored one in TDK.

One thing is for sure... I want to see one of those iconic scenes where he has a very fierce battle and his cape is all torned and ripped... his suit broken and with holes in it... and is bleeding everywhere.

Nope... not very pleasant times for Bats. :)

With every Batman movie, comes a different suit, as demonstrated by this picture:

10wv9cjbq0.jpg

3. It made room for thematic exploration through its visual design (more on that later).

See, I wouldn't like to see another scene or two presenting the new wardrobe, but number 1 is not going to change, and number 2 actually makes sense since poster C. Reese made some good points:

So, if we already know that another suit is very likely to come, we can at least speculate about how could it be, visually speaking.

The Begins Suit was designed to make him appear more bulky and more animal, in a sense, specially in the area of the neck, which was a little bent forwards to make Bale seem broodier. He was the Bat Man, and one of the main themes in the film is how he made his persona to inspire fear. Hence, a more animalistic approach was required for the suit.

In The Dark Knigth, as the title suggest it, he acted more like a Knight. He was a champion of justice who was having a crusade against crime. His dichotomy of being a hero who acts beyond the law was more played up, and his new suit reflects that. Is not as bulky, but sleeker, its made of many separated metal plates, which make him look like a knight in armor... it is a suit designed to remember us that he is considered a hero who fights for justice. A knight, albeit a dark one.

So, if the end of TDK did not fool me, I strongly believe that one of the most prominent themes in the next movie will be how Batman lives the life of an outcast. He won't be seen as someone fair or shiny by the public. If he was feared in BB and respected and "almost" idealized in TDK, in B3 he may be Hated. And, maybe he will be seen Uglier.

That's why I believe that his new suit will be more bent on describing how much of an outcast Batman has become. It will be more animalistic than the one in TDK, but with slighter alterations. Therefore, maybe the most obvious idea would be a combination of the dark/hulky suit in Begins and a sleek/armored one in TDK.

One thing is for sure... I want to see one of those iconic scenes where he has a very fierce battle and his cape is all torned and ripped... his suit broken and with holes in it... and is bleeding everywhere.

Excellent post :up:

That's exactly what I was thinking too. That is, to combine elements from both the BB and TDK suits, thus retaining the savage and animalistic qualities from the BB suit and the knightly, warrior-like qualities from the TDK suit. Perfect!!

Some interesting ideas there.

Good post.

Money can't buy everything and his suit is limited to technological advancements. He may pay for them, but for he know they could be few and far between.

Excellent post :up:

That's exactly what I was thinking too. That is, to combine elements from both the BB and TDK suits, thus retaining the savage and animalistic qualities from the BB suit and the knightly, warrior qualities from the TDK suit. Perfect!!

Thank you!

With every Batman movie, comes a different suit, as demonstrated by this picture:

10wv9cjbq0.jpg

Fourteen suits??

Oh, right, Schumacher jammed Two suits in each of his "movies".
I've tried to block the memory of the nipples ever since. May he burn in bad place...

Fourteen suits??

Twelve, count again.

If they were to change the suit for the next one, just give him a new one at the very start of the movie, they don't need to explain it, we know by now that he likes to update his suit, so why wouldn't he have done it in between movies? I wouldn't mind it staying the way it is, though, perhaps a few tweaks, but not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"