The best Marvel Studio movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Hornet & Green Lantern beg to differ. No one was ever calling those the 'best ever' or whatever. But something of a legitimate case can be made for each of Marvel's 3 movies this year. However, what is truly best will always be in the eye of the beholder ultimately.

Yeah well. Generalizations are always bad.

i think Captain America had the best directing, thor had the best story, and iron man had the best cast. i voted for cap.

For me it was definitely the Incredible Hulk, followed by Captain America, then Thor, then Iron Man.

1. Iron Man, Cap. America

2. TIH, Thor.

3. Iron Man 2.

This :up:

I must admit, I do love watching the action scenes of TIH more than those of Iron Man, so in that respect, I would put it alongside Cap.

Cap is certainly the fastest moving movie of them all. The others have moments that drag, but I never felt that way with Cap.

Captain America had a so-so action sequences, weak villain, a predictable story, a bad ending, the death of Bucky was just not that good.

Its not the best Marvel Studio movie.

Bad ending? I thought that, and first section, were the strongest sections. I agree with you about Bucky and Red Skull wasn't that developed, but I thought the characterisation of Cap was fantastic, and that was the most important thing of the whole film.

Captain America had a so-so action sequences, weak villain, a predictable story, a bad ending, the death of Bucky was just not that good.

Its not the best Marvel Studio movie.
I agree with everything exept for the ending, that one was actually good, it's probably because it was just released that cap is getting so much praise by the fans, the same thing happened with Thor but it won't last forever

i think Captain America had the best directing, thor had the best story, and iron man had the best cast. i voted for cap.
Best directing?
Joe Johnson was a hired gun, he's nothing special and Jurassic Park III and The Wolfman are proofs of that, When i read the Thor Script i wasn't expecting it to be as good, i would give directing credits to that one.

Different ideas of direction. I think Cap had the best cinematic director, as in it looked fantastic, great cinematography, Thor had Brannagh who is a fantastic Actor's director and brought out the best of all the actors, Favreau and RDJ brought that great off the cuff impro style that made Iron Man feel really off beat and different, so it probably had the most charm and personality, and I think Hulk probably had the tightest, well paced action scenes.

I think comparing which one is 'best' is kinda silly really, because it's horses for courses, same as the comics. In all these films, the characters are totally brought to life and are put first, before all else, and certain characters resonate better with certain people. That's what's so great about the MCU, it brings many different types of people into the fold. Apart from all the fanboys watching these movies, the fact that it has brought a comic book sensibility, regarding character and continuous narrative, to the film, it's essentially turned members of the GA, normal film goers, into comic readers. That is the merit on which I believe the MCU should be praised.

Iron Man, for now, since I still have to see Cap.

I noticed that with Thor too, then cap came out and when i saw people posting here about it i was like:wow:

I know, after a few re-watches I always expect to see a little criticism, but people comparing it to Green Lantern, etc, which wasnt a movie I hated but at the same time, Thor was much better.

It always happens with new superhero movies. If the movie has enough action there's all that yay. After a while people start seeing it for what it really was.

Thor really was a good movie though, so I just dont see were the criticism has come from.

This :up:

I must admit, I do love watching the action scenes of TIH more than those of Iron Man, so in that respect, I would put it alongside Cap.
Cap is certainly the fastest moving movie of them all. The others have moments that drag, but I never felt that way with Cap.

TIH and Thor have had by far the best action scene's out of any of these movies so far, only really The Destroyer fight in Thor dissapointed me, the rest was pretty good, every action in TIH was good, although not as good as Ang's Hulk movie for me at the same.

I was really dissapointed in the action in Captain America, especially as I thought Johnston did some great action scene's for The Wolfman.

Many Spoliers ahead if you havn't seen C.A.don't read further.------------
Ok I don't believe I am going to say this and I just realized this as I read this.However Cap was the best Superhero movie And yet Iron man is my favorite Superhero Movie while Hulk is my favorite Superhero_Ok let me explain Iron man to me was the most entertaining out of all of them.However In Cap A there never seemed to be a moment where I noticed he put the suit or the mask on the transition and humaness of the Character was always there with or without the costume on.Sort of what TIH should have been if that makes sense.
Also I believe Cap was the closest rendition of them all.
I also agree with the above statement about the Avengers set-up not allowing the movie to stand on it's own.Iron man and Hulk and Thor to some degree were allowed to stand on their own.Someone made a statement about Iron man 2 that seemed to make sense it was like Nick fury and shield and or Avengers featuring Iron Man.Ican understand his statement.In Cap A it felt kind of forced.Maybe if the movie would have ended with him frozen in Ice and then having them stumble across him wich by the way was lacking because if you are not a comic fan you would have never figured that out.
Why do I say that?Because they had him under the ice briefly in the begging but not enough for the non comic goer.However having said that.The way it plays out seemed forced.The last scene should have come after the credits of some sort.Or not have it be Fury who speaks to him after he wakes and then have Fury in the after Credit scene when Steve is punching the bag.
Having said this I understand why they are doing it this way but my fear is by doing this and not alowing to fully stand on it's own.These individual franchises will not be able to stand on thier own in sequels once the Avengers comes out.

Last edited:
captain-america-movie.jpg

Thor-2011-Movie-Poster.jpg

incredible-hulk.gif

Iron_Man_2008.jpg

ironman21.jpg

Best Story - Thor
Best Character Development - Iron Man
Best Visual Effects - Thor
Best Action - The Incredible Hulk
Best Characters - Thor
Had the Best Villain - Thor

Best Story - Thor
Best Characters - Thor

I'll agree with most of this. But I find Emil Blonsky/Abomination to be right up there with Loki :D

My ranking is:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

My rankings are based purely on enjoyment

This is tough.

I really liked Iron Man when I saw it in theaters. I also got a hand job in the theater but thats neither here or there. I thought it was fun, RDJ was very charismatic and I really felt the rivalry between RDJ and Jeff Bridges. The action was nothing spectacular except for a few scenes but this was a great origin story. 8.5/10

The Incredible Hulk didn't sit too well with me. I thought this Hulk looked much better than the cartoony mess by Ang Lee and the fight with Abomination was insane. The thing is I didn't care for the story. Bruce is already the Hulk when the movie starts. It's not a true origin in him being hired by the military and an explosion occurring that filled Banner with gamma rays. Ed Norton is a wonderful actor but I feel he didn't bring his acting presence we've come to know of him in films like Fight Club, American History X, and 25th Hour. Liv Tyler blew and John Hurt was mediocre. The ending was pretty cool. 6/10

Iron Man 2 looked to have so much promise. A great cast and what looked to be like some amazing action. Now the action was fun, the new suit was tremendous, RDJ was still great, Mickey Rourke was great but everyone else was meh. Don Cheadle was horrible. Great actor but sucked as War Machine. The visuals were stunning but something didn't click like the first one. ScarJo was sexy but her performance was boring. I wanted more of Justin Hammer and Whiplash. 7.5/10

Now Thor is my favorite Marvel film. I thought Asgard looked enchanting and Chris Hemsworth brought Thor justice. The action was great especially the battle against the frost giants. The chemistry between Portman and Hemsworth is what really sells me on the film. Just plain ol fun 10/10

Captain America I loved as well. Chris Evans was a good choice, Atwell was beautiful and this was a truly great origin story. I felt sucked in to the 40's. The USO, the shield, Red Skull's make up were all on point. I do wish Red Skull had more of an impact but hey whatcha gonna do when the hulkster runs wild on you!! 9/10

Best Story - Thor
Best Characters - Thor

Story in Thor? lol

Visuals and characters sucked.

The Loki guy had no charisma.

Iron Man pretty much beats every Marvel Studio movies in all departements.

But i'm not saying Iron Man was a masterpiece, far from it. It's just that all the elements from story to acting to directing to the visuals to what we wanted out of the character all came together so well like perfect jigsaw puzzle. The other movies had too many flaws. I like some of the Captain America but there was never a moment where I said "this is Cap!". While on Iron Man I had this huge smile all the way though thinking "this is Tony, this is Iron Man!". When he went back to the middle east with his new armor and started to kick some terrorist ass it was such a great wish fullfillement moment like "this is what a super-hero should be doing!".

This is tough.

I really liked Iron Man when I saw it in theaters. I also got a hand job in the theater but thats neither here or there. I thought it was fun, RDJ was very charismatic and I really felt the rivalry between RDJ and Jeff Bridges. The action was nothing spectacular except for a few scenes but this was a great origin story. 8.5/10

The Incredible Hulk didn't sit too well with me. I thought this Hulk looked much better than the cartoony mess by Ang Lee and the fight with Abomination was insane. The thing is I didn't care for the story. Bruce is already the Hulk when the movie starts. It's not a true origin in him being hired by the military and an explosion occurring that filled Banner with gamma rays. Ed Norton is a wonderful actor but I feel he didn't bring his acting presence we've come to know of him in films like Fight Club, American History X, and 25th Hour. Liv Tyler blew and John Hurt was mediocre. The ending was pretty cool. 6/10

Iron Man 2 looked to have so much promise. A great cast and what looked to be like some amazing action. Now the action was fun, the new suit was tremendous, RDJ was still great, Mickey Rourke was great but everyone else was meh. Don Cheadle was horrible. Great actor but sucked as War Machine. The visuals were stunning but something didn't click like the first one. ScarJo was sexy but her performance was boring. I wanted more of Justin Hammer and Whiplash. 7.5/10

Now Thor is my favorite Marvel film. I thought Asgard looked enchanting and Chris Hemsworth brought Thor justice. The action was great especially the battle against the frost giants. The chemistry between Portman and Hemsworth is what really sells me on the film. Just plain ol fun 10/10

Captain America I loved as well. Chris Evans was a good choice, Atwell was beautiful and this was a truly great origin story. I felt sucked in to the 40's. The USO, the shield, Red Skull's make up were all on point. I do wish Red Skull had more of an impact but hey whatcha gonna do when the hulkster runs wild on you!! 9/10

I thought Asgard sucked. Everytime the characters were in Asgard it felt like such a tinny place, like they filmed the whole thing in three small apartements.

Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Different ideas of direction. I think Cap had the best cinematic director, as in it looked fantastic, great cinematography, Thor had Brannagh who is a fantastic Actor's director and brought out the best of all the actors, Favreau and RDJ brought that great off the cuff impro style that made Iron Man feel really off beat and different, so it probably had the most charm and personality, and I think Hulk probably had the tightest, well paced action scenes.

I think comparing which one is 'best' is kinda silly really, because it's horses for courses, same as the comics. In all these films, the characters are totally brought to life and are put first, before all else, and certain characters resonate better with certain people. That's what's so great about the MCU, it brings many different types of people into the fold. Apart from all the fanboys watching these movies, the fact that it has brought a comic book sensibility, regarding character and continuous narrative, to the film, it's essentially turned members of the GA, normal film goers, into comic readers. That is the merit on which I believe the MCU should be praised.

^I completely agree with you.In the end it comes down to personal preferences for a particular character,story,setting.I loved ALL 5 MS'efforts,but I would choose THOR as my favourite simply because I love the character(and LOKI) a little more than the other 3,but as movies I find them pretty close(yes,even IM2,I'll never understand the criticism towards that movie),so it would come down to this:
THOR 9
IRON MAN 9
CA TFA 9
TIH 8.5
IM2 8

IM1 and CA are almost perfect origin movies in my book.

Captain was the most true the the comics I would say.

Story in Thor? lol

Visuals and characters sucked.

The Loki guy had no charisma.

Iron Man pretty much beats every Marvel Studio movies in all departements.

But i'm not saying Iron Man was a masterpiece, far from it. It's just that all the elements from story to acting to directing to the visuals to what we wanted out of the character all came together so well like perfect jigsaw puzzle. The other movies had too many flaws. I like some of the Captain America but there was never a moment where I said "this is Cap!". While on Iron Man I had this huge smile all the way though thinking "this is Tony, this is Iron Man!". When he went back to the middle east with his new armor and started to kick some terrorist ass it was such a great wish fullfillement moment like "this is what a super-hero should be doing!".

Well I disagree with everything there, exept the Tony kiking terriost bottom. Loki was played by Tom brilliantly! Visuals were good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"