The Biden and Trump 2020 Debate Thread

But the trail of energy in space makes no sense given how warp drive works. It creates a subspace bubble. It is not traditional excelleration like a rocket. You are like Trump right now, preferring what looks good to you and makes you feel good over the science. :oldrazz:

However, if you really must have some energy trail, OG ILM did a great job on the TOS movies:
37db096749f6148fbab660f4fe13a634.gif

It's not exhaust like JJ's films, but instead the lights from the nacelles failing to keep up with the ship... Like a sonic boom trailing behind a jet that has broken the sound barrier.
84b86ac31ec57cebc2d5df02818b1437.gif

Serously... I'm getting flashbacks to my first Trek convention when I was nine and happened to come upon a dude selling schematics of the various ST vessels up to that point, about 1988. He was REALLY into the specs of each ship. REALLY into them. Like... scaring a nine year old boy into them. I think the limits of my Fanboyism find their origin at that moment.

But the trail of energy in space makes no sense given how warp drive works. It creates a subspace bubble. It is not traditional excelleration like a rocket. You are like Trump right now, preferring what looks good to you and makes you feel good over the science. :oldrazz:

However, if you really must have some energy trail, OG ILM did a great job on the TOS movies:

It's not exhaust like JJ's films, but instead the lights from the nacelles failing to keep up with the ship... Like a sonic boom trailing behind a jet that has broken the sound barrier.
As FC would say, Darth watches the Star Wars, where there is sound in space. Darth clearly doesn't care about sense, just what looks cool. :p

84b86ac31ec57cebc2d5df02818b1437.gif

Serously... I'm getting flashbacks to my first Trek convention when I was nine and happened to come upon a dude selling schematics of the various ST vessels up to that point, about 1988. He was REALLY into the specs of each ship. REALLY into them. Like... scaring a nine year old boy into them. I think the limits of my Fanboyism find their origin at that moment.
Basically, DK is proving exactly how wrong your original post was KRYPTON. :hehe:

I listened to most of the debate while at work. Trump responding to Biden's comment about how 500+ children don't know where they'll be in the next year with a smug Good really struck a nerve with me.
If Joe Biden just went over and punched Trump during that, he would have instantly became a top 5 president for me. Even if he didn't win, which he better do! :argh:

But the trail of energy in space makes no sense given how warp drive works. It creates a subspace bubble. It is not traditional acceleration like a rocket. You are like Trump right now, preferring what looks good to you and makes you feel good over the science. :oldrazz:

I think that's meant to be ice caused by the ion drives in JJ's films. It looks good whatever it is.

But the trail of energy in space makes no sense given how warp drive works. It creates a subspace bubble. It is not traditional acceleration like a rocket. You are like Trump right now, preferring what looks good to you and makes you feel good over the science. :oldrazz:

DK: Gives a full, thoughtful, detailed analysis of James Bond's suits in every era.

Me:
tenor.gif

DK: Gives a thoughtful technical analysis of the inner-workings of the Starship Enterprise.

Me:

200.gif

I listened to most of the debate while at work. Trump responding to Biden's comment about how 500+ children don't know where they'll be in the next year with a smug Good really struck a nerve with me.

If Joe Biden just went over and punched Trump during that, he would have instantly became a top 5 president for me. Even if he didn't win, which he better do! :argh:

But neither one of you would BELIEVE how well they are being taken care of. C'mon, give our fearless leader a break.

I think that's meant to be ice caused by the ion drives in JJ's films. It looks good whatever it is.

Hrmm, then why do they come off the end of the nacelles which are only used to create the warp field instead of from the impulse thrusters at the rear of the saucer section?
tumblr_oqmuocdbUr1uphxvgo1_400.gif

DK: Gives a full, thoughtful, detailed analysis of James Bond's suits in every era.

Me:
tenor.gif
1472046634-sean-connery-james-bond.gif

DK is far too much of a renaissance man for us normies.

W5aO2O9.gif

WDFbFd9.gif

@DKDetective talks, spells, and cooks funny.

15171463.jpg

I like how our posts at his point reflect that it is basically the end of the night and we are the last few left who stuck around for last call. :funny:

Hrmm, then why do they come off the end of the nacelles which are only used to create the warp field instead of from the impulse thrusters at the rear of the saucer section?
tumblr_oqmuocdbUr1uphxvgo1_400.gif

1472046634-sean-connery-james-bond.gif

15171463.jpg

I don't know how to respond to that other than to laugh and post a humous, colourful, 254 cm recipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"