Guardians of the Galaxy The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been poring through the Abnett/Lanning run, and Star-Lord has to be my favourite character. Even if he wasn't starring in this upcoming movie and I happened to be reading this run anyway, I'd have been impressed by what a compelling character he is. I just love how he's ostensibly this charming, quick-witted, roguish type, but he's also pretty morally ambiguous and does some pretty terrible things when he has to. The moment he [BLACKOUT]guns down Adam Warlock[/BLACKOUT] was brutal.

Yeah, I was expecting Rocket to be my favorite when I started reading that run, but it pretty quickly became Star-Lord.

Here's a look at the cover of the June issue of Guardians of the Galaxy, with a good look at Star-Lord that suggests the more movie-inspired costume isn't just an Easter egg for the FCBD cover:

GARGAL2013016cov.jpg

Yeah, Pratt is gonna go far.

Walkman played a thing called cassette tapes, not CD's. We usually listened to them while drawing on our cave walls and trying to figure out how fire worked.

Walkman played CDs as well, though we had only just advanced past cave dwellings by then.

I have been a fan of Pratt ever since he was on Everwood which was on the WB at the time and also starred Emily Van Camp. I recently got into Parks and Rec thanks to Netflix and on-demand for the current season and I love his portrayal of Andy. This is my favorite clip of Andy:

[YT]AkFs3YzxN_E[/YT]

All of season 4 is hilarious and I think he is going to kill it as Star Lord and it will launch him to A list status

Is Pratt still on Parks and Recreations? I admit that I don't watch that show, but I heard he's good in it.

Someone who can be naive and bada$$, goofy and cool at the same time.

As some of us have said in the past, he's giving off a big Jack Burton vibe. :woot:

Is Pratt still on Parks and Recreations? I admit that I don't watch that show, but I heard he's good in it.

Yep, at the start of this season he was in London which I'm assuming was there way of giving him time to film GotG. He has the best lines on the show, always just this big goofy guy. I loved how they said he got in shape, he said he stopped drinking beer and lost like 50 lbs haha

[YT]1zdAjho5_vI[/YT]
Your next Marvel superhero, folks. :up:

So, apparently Star-Lord is getting his own solo comic series, Legendary Star-Lord, starting in July.

So, apparently Star-Lord is getting his own solo comic series, Legendary Star-Lord, starting in July.
I'm not familiar with the guy writing it, Sam Humphries, but since he's NOT Brian Michael Bendis, I guess this will be the first Marvel Now Guardians title I'll check out.

I dig how Marvels been getting alot of their characters into the more cosmic side of things lately in the comics. Pretty crazy how GOTG is one of their best consistent sellers now. Really didn't think it would hold it's sales past the first 3 issues. Pretty awesome.:up:

Hope the solo is good.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, there will be a third solo Guardians book announced soon as well (crosses fingers that it's either Gamora or Angela).

Or both :awesome: Think I'd prefer an Angela solo though, especially with what was just discovered about her family connection to some major characters.

Didn't the old Guardians just return though? Could be something with them.

Last edited:
I hope Gamora gets one too soon. She's so fascinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"