The Biggest REAL LIFE enemies of Batman?

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
Off the top of my head (and feel free to add):
*Fredric Wertham:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_of_the_Innocent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredric_Wertham

*The filmmakers behind Batman & Robin (Joel Schumacher, Akiva Goldsman, etc.). I don't want to entirely single out Joel Schumacher (even though he isn't entirely blameless) because I'll give him credit for publicly apologizing for not delivering a better movie. Also, there were various other circumstances that Schumacher (rightly or wrongly) had to deal w/ such as the rushed production, Warner Bros. wanting to apiece parents and sponsors after the controversy that Tim Burton's Batman Returns caused, having to find another new actor to play Batman, etc.

*This is debatable, but William Dozier, the executive producer of the 1966 Batman TV series w/ Adam West. Because of Dozier's intentions or vision (who I don't think really had much true or proper respect for the comics) to make this particular adaptation of Batman a full blown campy, pop art, satire (instead of something more straight forward like his Green Hornet series), it stigmatized Batman to the general public (i.e. those who didn't regularly follow the comics) for at least, the next 20 years.

*This is another debatable entry, but Bob Kane simply for not wanting to give Bill Finger his rightful credit for helping him create Batman:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Finger#Credit

Well if you are doing this, add Zack Snyder to the list like yesterday.

Bob Kane was such an a-hole for denying Bill Finger his due credit. Finger is the one we have to thank for having the Batman we know and love.

Well if you are doing this, add Zack Snyder to the list like yesterday.

:funny:

Grimdark Bat Fanboys,and the fans and creators alike who read and worshipped DKR, but took the wrong lessons from it.

Who else besides Snyder took wrong lessons from DKR, Bats?

I know lol, but he also said creators, as in more than one. So I'm wondering who they are.

Who else besides Snyder took wrong lessons from DKR, Bats?

Whoever was behind the "War Games" arc, writers like Bill Willngham.

And Geoff Johns pre-2011.

And Frank Miller from the 90's onward.

I hate Batdick, and Batdick is a result of DKR's influence, imo.

Whoever was behind the "War Games" arc, writers like Bill Willngham.

And Geoff Johns pre-2011.

And Frank Miller from the 90's onward.

I hate Batdick, and Batdick is a result of DKR's influence, imo.

Gotcha :up:

And I agree.

Bob Kane was such an a-hole for denying Bill Finger his due credit. Finger is the one we have to thank for having the Batman we know and love.

:funny:

Yeah, Kane is literally the worst, he was a prima donna and his early deal with DC proves it. Finger was the one to develop all the characters like Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, the only exception is Two-Face, but even then, Finger was the one to develop his character. Finger, ironically, got the finger. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"