The Birds Of Prey thread

BOP started sucking ass when Black Canary left. I enjoyed the fancy dressing IHOP breakfasts OYL.

Best exchange of dialogue ever:

Deadshot: My prom went a lot LIKE that, actually

Ragdoll: I too my sister to the prom.

Deadshot: Listen, you don't gotta tell me these types of...

Ragdoll: My lips are sealed.But it was a mystical revelation.

Get the Secret Six ongoing dammit!
I don't get comic books, only trades and graphic novels. I wouldn't be able to afford regular comic books as well, and I'm the kind of person who wouldn't take care of them :csad:

I said it went downhill since OYL, which was right before Simone's last few arcs, actually. I actually dropped it while Simone was still writing.

And thats why i still respect your opinions :)

the last issue was very effectively bad. The art was meh and the story was ..... messed up, IMO.It's like the writer wanted to put everything in one issue "quick, quick, solve all these in this issue!". Not saying it IS the writer's fault but, I'm glad, in the end, that the serie stops. I think there has been a waste of potential since G.Simone's departure. I think the whole Platinium Flat thing was a good idea, to be at the same level as Oracle, one need a complicated story, as complicated as a computer. Indeed.
The only thing I wanted to see was the Joker facing Barbara, and I find that it was not so badly written. Barbara was well written IMO. and at the end I felt the savage attitude of the Joker, that was good, but no, out of nowhere, misfits appears.
I'm very deceived by the book. And not so long ago, that was my favorite book (with Flash). :(

Why the heck are the Joker's eyes drawn so close together in this book? He literally looks like an idiot. :joker:

I'll be sad to see this title go. It's the only DC book I pick up on a regular basis, not to mention the only bat-related book I'd have any interest in.

Bump...

Has anyone been reading the new series?

yeah, i'm really enjoying it so far.

the dialogue is sharp, not to mention often hilarious, and simone clearly has a great handle on the characters.

Plus, it has Hawk in it.

It's one of my favourites right now

Hawk sucks. But I love it when Gail Simone writes him in Birds of Prey. The scene where Hawk went "Don't look at me man" cracked me up.

I like that Penguin is possibly behind the plot to kill the birds, and while I dont like the concept of Hawk and Dove joining the team, Gail's done a decent job with them.

Get the Secret Six ongoing dammit!

It is :awesome:
icon14.gif

hippie_hunter said:
No it was the most recent one where the Penguin was having a delusion from the blood loss.

Here's the preview that has it:

http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/15154_x.pdf

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
The first two issues felt lacking to me, but this third was pretty good. It does look like Penguin is probably the one behind this based on that last panel (makes sense since his inclusion was random as hell, but I guess it could be a red herring). As long as the last issue of this arc keeps up with this, I'll probably keep for the next.

The first two issues felt lacking to me, but this third was pretty good. It does look like Penguin is probably the one behind this based on that last panel (makes sense since his inclusion was random as hell, but I guess it could be a red herring). As long as the last issue of this arc keeps up with this, I'll probably keep for the next.

I thought that issue 3 was much better than the previous two
icon14.gif

No new issue in October. I wonder why?:csad:

Last edited:
I think most of the Bat-related titles are going on hiatus for the Return of Bruce Wayne storyline that month

Yeah, but they're barely Batman characters at this point. Oracle especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"