The Birds Of Prey thread

bengus said:
True. True. :batman:

Related mention by Didio in an interview: he says that Batman is less of "World's Greatest Detective" with Oracle around. Might imply something...

Related q: does Talia Al Ghul know Babs = Oracle/Batgirl?

I always thought her ID as Oracle was covered up well. Except for anyone thats met her in person and known her as batgirl. I could be wrong though.

If it does turn out to be Babs, I doubt it'd be permanent. Maybe an arc to have her reconcile having her career as Batgirl taken away from her, as opposed to her willingly giving it up. At the end of the day, I'd expect her to realize her greater worth as Oracle. I would enjoy the brief nostalgia though.

Here's a thought: the Society's supposed to be in cahoots with the League of Assassins, right? Cassandra, stupid though it may be, now leads the League of Assassins. Cassandra knows Babs is Oracle. See where I'm going with this? I hope someone figures this out and has Calculator contact Cassandra at some point. If she's gonna be evil anyway, they might as well get at least one good story out of it.

The League of Assassins who are currently Ninja Man-Bats in Morrison's Batman run... -_-;;;

Well, they could know Babs = Oracle - though the only angle you can pull off of Babs is her desire to come back and kick someone's butt. The other angle is blackmail, which I seriously doubt they'll attempt because making a move on Commisioner Gordon will put them smack dab into a war against Batman - something I think the Calculator will dread.

bengus said:
The League of Assassins who are currently Ninja Man-Bats in Morrison's Batman run... -_-;;;

Well, they could know Babs = Oracle - though the only angle you can pull off of Babs is her desire to come back and kick someone's butt. The other angle is blackmail, which I seriously doubt they'll attempt because making a move on Commisioner Gordon will put them smack dab into a war against Batman - something I think the Calculator will dread.

After what happened to Jack Drake... with Calculator having given Boomerang all those jobs... pissing off the Bat would be hilarious to see.

yea um, this books gone down hill since this thread was made. jesus christ if thats babs i'm gonna kill some one

Watch, Jason Todd probably tucked it back, bought a bra, some kleenex and a wig...

heh, shut up they might use that

Gail simone disapoints me.

I thought villans united was a change of things to come but secret six is dumb too

If you strike her down, she will become more powerful than you could ever imagine...

All in all this book OYL hasn't grabbed me like it did before the OYL gap.
Which is more than dissappointing.

The art has been less than impressive and the characterization for Dinah has been less than mind-blowing. Still I know it'll get better.

The first part of this issue was great, it really sort of brought back the 'glory' days of just the three core members but it seems a little juvinile when put into the context that there were three other people there and were in essence pushed to the side. This child, at this point, seems little more than a plot device made to 'grown' Dinah up and I feel no emotional connection to her that I would for Lian. However I do hope Gail uses this to touch on Dinah's 'mom' side since she does have one, especially in connection with the Arrow family.

However the book does seem to be on an upswing since the slow to get off the ground feeling I got from books right after the OYL Gap.

The ending on this one, they don't show the face and the hair when you look at it is tinted red. I'm pretty sure it's Babs, especially after the *hint* she dropped to Dinah about having "personal business'.
Does this mean Babs Batgirl is coming back? Not really no.
I *hope* Simone is smart enough to realize that if she pulled a stunt like that it would regress the character back to the stone age.

Also, ya'll shouldn't be too upset about it.

When is Dinah gonna get her curly hair back? WHY IS ZINDA PRETTIER THAN DINAH!?!

Other than that great book. :up:

I came very close to burning my copy of BoP when I read the word "she-peeps." Seriously, Simone. Jazzing dialogue up with some pop-culture references and quirky slang is one thing, but come on... goddamnit, I'm upset again just thinking about it. :(

Cyber did it sounded so stupid, what you cant say sex?

Barbara Gordon, Cyber-Tramp

Darthphere said:
Cyber did it sounded so stupid, what you cant say sex?
Of course not, they're just a gang of intelligent women in their 30s. They don't use those gross words like "sex," tee-hee!

Man, ok let me ask you a question. Who goes in dresses to their local Denny's? I ask my sis this while reading the comics and shes like "Theyre dressed up because they went to visit that statue of Ted Kord" First of all, that statue was really weird, second of all dont you like eat after you visist someones memorial?

I don't know of any memorial-visiting etiquette. I haven't been to many memorials. Maybe it's proper to eat before visiting the memorial, or maybe Sin's becoming a typical brat and wanted to eat first or something.

What's weird about Ted's memorial? It's a big statue of an angel who clearly wishes it were a Greek Nike statue. Nike = Greek symbol of victory. Ted was victorious in the sense that he exposed Max Lord and allowed the heroes to defeat him.

If Barbara can walk again, I will figure out a way to enter the DC universe, and when I do, she had better never answer her door again.

Darthphere said:
It seems too over the top.
So, what, only Barry and Clark deserve memorials? How dare you besmirch Ted Kord's good name, sir! :mad:

TheCorpulent1 said:
So, what, only Barry and Clark deserve memorials? How dare you besmirch Ted Kord's good name, sir! :mad:

No, im saying that the whole angel this is over the top when you compare it to Clark's memorial.

I don't think Clark is loosing sleep over it.

No, Lois Lane and her 47 asshots per issue are.

I heard Kate "Manhunter" Spencer is appearing in BOP #100-103.

I am happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"