the "birds of prey" tv show

She was Oracle as I imagined she should have been.

The others... were not.

It could be viewed that this series was a loose spin-off from Batman Returns, right up to the inclusion of Pfeiffer's catsuit, and it denied the existance of Batman & Robin, which can never be a bad thing.

I really liked this suit. I think it's one of the best bat costumes to appear live action.
It was the same suit as Alicia Silverstone wore, only with the correct colours and altered symbol.

it was ok sometimes...I really liked the last episode, when they finally let Mia Sara go full on Harley Quinn...I remember her costume there being pretty damn good too, even if not the jester look Harley usually is.

I forgot how good Babs was looking. :o

She was the best thing on the show. Her, Lori Loughlin and a revamped, more modern continuity Huntress would have helped a lot.

BP101_013.jpg
img_1251022430.gif

dina meyer wears much better, maybe its the colors and the mask, or maybe its the fact that alicia silverstones batgirl is a disgrace to the character....maybe tis alittle bit of both.

It was the same suit as Alicia Silverstone wore, only with the correct colours and altered symbol.
I know that. I had no prob with the Batgirl movie costume.
BP101_013.jpg
img_1251022430.gif

dina meyer wears much better, maybe its the colors and the mask, or maybe its the fact that alicia silverstones batgirl is a disgrace to the character....maybe tis alittle bit of both.
lol, I think the suit needed a redhead, not a blonde.:cwink:

the yellow made it better too IMO, i just wish the gloves werent so loose fitting.

also, Harley Quinn was too together.:(

here's the intro

this wouldve made a better series:o

Been a while since I had seen this. Brings to mind what potential I thought there was and also how it wasn't realized.
[YT]AiBOluPbOrk[/YT]

Some of that wire work. *blech*

Questions:

1) How come Babs can walk in that clip (let alone fight)?

2) Did Harley ever wear full make-up? :hq:

i believe babs created something to let her use her legs for short periods of time...ive not seen it but i think that was the synopsis i read.

I always thought it was interesting that the girl from Ferris Bueler played Harley Quinn

what the bad place? She's unrecognizable!:eek:

too true...and babs is the girl from starship troopers lol

Just following up:
Questions:

1) How come Babs can walk in that clip (let alone fight)?
She created some type of neural device that allowed her to mentally control her wheelchair. She later modified it so that she could have control of her legs for a period of time (initially to fight Shiva). When she collapses at the end, that's the device reaches its limit.

2) Did Harley ever where full make-up? :hq:
I wish. :heart:

What she was wearing in the video was as costumed as she got.

I remember when this first came out. I was real excited about it, until i heard Batman was going AWOL, Catwoman was dead, they were using the Earth-2 Huntress, and so forth, so i boycotted the show and never saw a single episode...

If that clip is any indication, i didnt miss much. Giving Babs the occasional use of her legs seems like conviently lazy writing... but the red-head DID look great as Batgirl and Oracle...

I just dont get why tv and movie writers always feel the need to stray so far from the source material. Would it really have been so hard to properly adapt the comic? How cool would it have been to have Batman as a back ground character in this show?

Just seems to me like it had potential that was completely thrown out the window...:csad:

im searching for the dvd set but im pretty sure wb never released it

It was never released but try ebay for bootleg copies. That's where I got mine.

the whole season or individual episodes?

I watched it every week, even taped all the episodes. I recently rewatched some of them, and, it really wasnt that good. lol

I watched it in a greatful-for-some-sort-of-Batman-series-on tv way.

It prompted me to go buy the books, and become a big fan. However, having read the comic books, my opinion of BoP has gone down. It could have been so much better.

your point? the suit is great for batgirl especially when they fixed it up for the show
My point is it wasn't an original costume :huh:

As good as it looked in BoP, credit should go to B&R, weirdly.

it was ok sometimes...I really liked the last episode, when they finally let Mia Sara go full on Harley Quinn...I remember her costume there being pretty damn good too, even if not the jester look Harley usually is.
harley had a costume? do you have a picture? i just remember her wearing regular clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"