The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

From a fan standpoint, I deeply want to see how Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc. However, my gut says they are never going to address it. Like there will be vague references and things like, "I thought you were dead," "I got better." That type of thing.

But if in some way the show starts with a flashback with the Sarlacc, I will freak out. I hope Rodriguez is given the opportunity to show that.

Now on the other hand, you could also argue that any live-action depiction would never live up to the expectation in our heads.

I don't think Boba wants revenge on Solo or Skywalker. While his mug did get jacked up, they sort of did him a favor by killing Jabba. It made the leftovers of operation easy pickings, and now he's in charge.

That said, missed opportunity that Boba was MIA when Luke showed up in finale, LOL.

From a fan standpoint, I deeply want to see how Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc. However, my gut says they are never going to address it. Like there will be vague references and things like, "I thought you were dead," "I got better." That type of thing.

I could actually see this series opening up with a flashback of what happened in ROTJ and the aftermath before going to present time

Oh, they'll address it. There's just no way they won't. They've pretty much already addressed every little unexplained thing from the original trilogy already. I'm sure they'll want to put their definitive canon explanation down.

Yeah, Bib Fortuna already says “I thought you were dead” and how he heard many rumors in the post-credit scene.

I have no doubt they’ll explain it within the first episode just to get that out the way. You can’t have a show with the title “The Book of...” and it just ignores the #1 question everybody will have.

Yeah, Bib Fortuna already says “I thought you were dead” and how he heard many rumors in the post-credit scene.

I have no doubt they’ll explain it within the first episode just to get that out the way. You can’t have a show with the title “The Book of...” and it just ignores the #1 question everybody will have.

And it sounded a lot to me like Bib was covering his ass.

Which don't make sense since Bib wasn't the one that F-over Boba on the barge... So I think there's more there. WAY more.

One thing that intrigues me most: what is the Book...of Boba Fett?
Who wrote it? Who read it?

Oh, they'll address it. There's just no way they won't. They've pretty much already addressed every little unexplained thing from the original trilogy already. I'm sure they'll want to put their definitive canon explanation down.

I badly want them to and hope they will, but not sure how on how the writers and producers feel on that.

And it sounded a lot to me like Bib was covering his ass.

Which don't make sense since Bib wasn't the one that F-over Boba on the barge... So I think there's more there. WAY more.

Considering Bib Fortuna was supposed to have died on that barge as well... :)

I don’t need to see, how Boba survived the Sarlac. It’s not like Gandalf vs the Balrog in the beginning of The Two Towers.

Bossk needs to show up. Wonder how much if it all will it tie into Mando S3

I want more Bo and Bo being sassy with one another

It’s odd, that BoB will be released in 10months but we‘ve seen more leaks of Andor yet

Something to bridge the gap between ROTJ and his return on The Mandalorian, maybe?

Something to bridge the gap between ROTJ and his return on The Mandalorian, maybe?

I would REALLY hope that they wouldn't put the whys and hows of Boba's surviving post the Barge sequence of Jedi into a comic book.

You’re probably right. But I still bet this ties into his Disney+ stuff somehow. With no movies for the next few years, I bet Marvel starts exploiting the TV storylines for comic material every now and then.

You’re probably right. But I still bet this ties into his Disney+ stuff somehow. With no movies for the next few years, I bet Marvel starts exploiting the TV storylines for comic material every now and then.

For sure things like Boba's armorless years are ripe for some details.

I assume this’ll be nice filler but I don’t expect anything substantial to come out of it. Maybe showing some more of his “sudden” expertise in close range melee weapons and a possible answer to where he hides the Slave 1 before ROTJ.

Anything meaningful will be a surprise to me.

They are now shooting : Actor On Set!

This man is Legend!

Also LOL Boba Fret and the Strurmtroopers with Robert Rodriguez!!!!!

Last edited:
What do y'all think the premise of the show will be?
the_mandalorian_2x08_the_rescue_7-740x493.jpg

book-of-boba-fett-logo-tall-169.jpg

Great logo, and Wow, that production trio!
Tatooine crime boss Fett should be a fantastic show. (although his reach should, and likley will extend much further)
I do hope small town marshal Vanth comes into conflict with them.
Yet their criminal org, should quickly extend to galactic influence, playing both the Republic and the Empire/First Order interests to his own ends.
Lots citing Godfather.
I'm also getting Cagney in Public Enemy, and of course Muni's OG Scarface

James-Cagney-Jean-Harlow-The-Public-Enemy.jpg

dragnet-girl-1933-001-couple-with-revolver.jpg

And we know how we go in a Galaxy Far Away; , where Mando pulls from the Western gun slinger & Wandering Samurai trope.
Fett will draw from the classic American ganster and mafia, and Japanese mob and yakuza movies
What do y'all think the premise of the show will be?
Re (since nobody apparently reads past^ posts):
Where Mando pulls from the Western & Wandering Samurai, Knights Quest trope.
Kenobi ...Ronin ?
Andor the Spy Thriller.
I do not want allot more overlap here.

I'm hoping Fett will likely draw a little bit of this.... (the old pulp version)
1EU8k6q.jpg

giphy.gif

Framed by this.....Although still with plenty of the Wandering Barbarian
4845f1f294121af2939adb40ac84d87b.jpg

Plus this....
QHeXxIH.jpg

And these....
tumblr_ncbgw6BVg61r3i95ho4_250.gifv

James-Cagney-Jean-Harlow-The-Public-Enemy.jpg

dragnet-girl-1933-001-couple-with-revolver.jpg

classic American gangster, mafia, kingpin, and Japanese mob boss and yakuza movies
Maybe "cleaning up" (for better or worse, depending on where you stand) his far sector of the Galaxy. (at least the one he just claimed)
Pretty much filling the power void between the Fallen Empire, and burgeoning Republic ...to benefit his own ends.
Although while sympathetic crime boss Michael Corleone, I have no problem if he goes down classic Paul Muni's Scarface path.

Although again, with traces Robert E Howrd's original pulp Wandering Barbarian, which is actually introduced taking the throne, ...then woven with flashbacks, to what brought him there.

"The Phoenix on the Sword" - first Conan begins with a middle-aged Conan attempting to govern the turbulent Aquilonia, later stories interweave his life, as a thief, pirate, mercenary, etc, that brought him there.

Morrison -" another thing about this character, ...the way he fights I'm actually drawing allot on my Maori traditional style.
Rodriguez - He's that mysterious character with a past that makes you want to know more about him, ..if Mando is a gunslinger, Boba needs to be a Barbarian.

That's just me though I haven't seen anyone actually reference Howard's Conan x Kingpin genre hybrid, that's just what i want to see, based on their intro.

Last edited:
5033669-6228855117-Princ.png

Also probably an attempt (by Favreau and Rodriguez) to fill (and cop-opt) a bit of the void left by abandoning this vision.
I think Lucas recently bemoaned the sequels were essentially a remake down to the re-hash antagonist (with a steaming dump on Luke and some slapping and checking useless silly men thrown in, so they can "fix" SW ) , yet essentially the same villains.
So the future main antagonist aren't a complete rehash/repeat like Disney did, but more competing crime syndicates rising to fill that void left by the Empire and still fledgling Republic.
I think part of Fett's narrative setting will tap into that old EU vision.

Last edited:
5033669-6228855117-Princ.png

Also probably an attempt (by Favreau and Rodriguez) to fill (and cop-opt) a bit of the void left by abandoning this vision.
I think Lucas recently bemoaned the sequels were essentially a remake down to the re-hash antagonist (with a steaming dump on Luke and some slapping and checking silly men thrown in, so they can "fix" SW .
Yet so the future main antagonist wouldn't be a complete rehash/repeat like Disney did, but more competing crime syndicates rising to fill that void left by the Empire and still fledgling Republic.
I think part of Fett's narrative setting will tap into that old EU vision.
You okay bro? Also, you do realize this is still Disney right and the crime syndicates stuff has been coming up in canon for a while, including under Disney right? It's literally the premise of Solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"