Homecoming The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Yep! It's been fun. Also, my son has a movie that he asks to watch every day, and I get to watch it with him. Pretty good time to be a Spider-Fan!

Proud parent moment right there! Can't wait to have kids of my own. They're going to watch everything in the same order I watched them!

giphy.gif

Spidey dodging all the hate after it's second weekend drop. CAN'T TOUCH THIS!

It's been an absolute blast here the past couple years in the Spidey forum. From Marvel and Sony's announcement that Spidey was entering the MCU to now at the end of the box office run. What a ride! 880M, 92% on Rotten Tomatoes and another beloved Spidey movie.

You guys are all amazing! Can't wait for the sequel!

Aloha,
For people who are relatively new to the Hype. This entire web site started as Spider-Man Hype.com. As the comic book movies started rolling out, it changed to Superherohype.com.
The Spider-Man movies always bring out some of the biggest Spidey lovers to this site. It has been a great ride trying to predict the outcome of this movie.Those of us who said at least 800 million are all smiles:yay:The love of Spidey is enduring. As long as the MCU presents him the way they did in Homecoming, I can predict now that Homecoming 2( just to give it a name) will beat 880 million.I'm saving my money now to see it three times.
Spidey rules

Yep! It's been fun. Also, my son has a movie that he asks to watch every day, and I get to watch it with him. Pretty good time to be a Spider-Fan!

The best time to be a Spider-Man was 2004

Spider-Man 2 - Best ever Spider-Man movie (94% RT)
Spider-Man 2 PlayStation - Best ever Spider-Man game
Spectacular Spider-Man - Best ever Spider-Man cartoon

Homecoming was good and the new Spider-Man games looks like it may be the best superhero game ever (yes, including the Arkham series).

[/B]

Aloha,
For people who are relatively new to the Hype. This entire web site started as Spider-Man Hype.com. As the comic book movies started rolling out, it changed to Superherohype.com.
The Spider-Man movies always bring out some of the biggest Spidey lovers to this site. It has been a great ride trying to predict the outcome of this movie.Those of us who said at least 800 million are all smiles:yay:The love of Spidey is enduring. As long as the MCU presents him the way they did in Homecoming, I can predict now that Homecoming 2( just to give it a name) will beat 880 million.I'm saving my money now to see it three times.
Spidey rules

The 'Organic vs Mechanical Webs' thread was EPIC and legendary.

Tremendous BO run, great movie, fantastic prospects, it’s nice to see the franchise on a much more secure footing after Sony wrecked it with the Amazing series. Marvel definitely knows best.

The best time to be a Spider-Man was 2004

Spider-Man 2 - Best ever Spider-Man movie (94% RT)
Spider-Man 2 PlayStation - Best ever Spider-Man game
Spectacular Spider-Man - Best ever Spider-Man cartoon

Homecoming was good and the new Spider-Man games looks like it may be the best superhero game ever (yes, including the Arkham series).

True that, although the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon didn't come out until after Spider-man 3 (hence it's inclusion of Venom). That show has a special meaning for me. When it was debuting back in 2008, my daughter was born the summer when it came out. I used to feed her a bottle while watching it early in the morning. Her name is Gwen, by the way, so that made it even MORE awesome.

I STILL have the Spidey game on PS2!! LOVE IT!!
As for the Spidey game on PS4, I have an XB1, and I can't afford a PS4...so I'll have to enjoy it through yourself and others. (CURSE YOU, SONY!)

Fantastic number. I remember before the release there was so much negativity it was tiresome. Glad to see this movie overcome it as well as the past bad Spider-Man films. Can't wait to see which Avenger appears in the film and the inevitable whining about it lol.

True that, although the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon didn't come out until after Spider-man 3 (hence it's inclusion of Venom). That show has a special meaning for me. When it was debuting back in 2008, my daughter was born the summer when it came out. I used to feed her a bottle while watching it early in the morning. Her name is Gwen, by the way, so that made it even MORE awesome.

I STILL have the Spidey game on PS2!! LOVE IT!!
As for the Spidey game on PS4, I have an XB1, and I can't afford a PS4...so I'll have to enjoy it through yourself and others. (CURSE YOU, SONY!)

I've literally bought the PS4 specifically to play Spider-Man. No other game interests me.

Aloha,
Until the day I die.
ORGANICS SUCKS!!!!!:cmad::barf::bdh:
Spidey rules

You have a 2002 join date. So you joined when it was Spider-Man Hype. I should have a 2002 join date. My user name was 'Neil' but I changed it to 'spider-neil' in 2004.

This is very off-topic, but the main purpose of this thread is starting to end, so here goes:

Organics make way more sense than mechanicals. Kid gets bit by a spider and gets spider themed superpowers. Does he get webs? No? But they are just about the main thing spiders are known for...

But I do like how mechanic webshooters showcase Peter's scientific abilities. I think ideal compromise would be that Peter's body secretes web fluid naturally, but he needs gadgets to shoot the stuff.

This is very off-topic, but the main purpose of this thread is starting to end, so here goes:

Organics make way more sense than mechanicals. Kid gets bit by a spider and gets spider themed superpowers. Does he get webs? No? But they are just about the main thing spiders are known for...

But I do like how mechanic webshooters showcase Peter's scientific abilities. I think ideal compromise would be that Peter's body secretes web fluid naturally, but he needs gadgets to shoot the stuff.

The truth is, you have a boy that lift 10 tons, stick to walls and has a reaction time 15 times that of a normal human. It's all impossible stuff, so giving that boy the intelligence to make a miracle fluid isn't that much of a stretch in those circumstances.

The REAL big question is, a fluid that hardens with contact with the air to have the tensile strength of steel would literally sell for billions.
Stan's comic explanation is no one would be interested in a fluid that dissolves after an hour. C'mon Stan, you can't be serious.

I've literally bought the PS4 specifically to play Spider-Man. No other game interests me.

Live it for me, man! I doubt I'll be able to come up with the extra money for all of that....and that game looks AMAZING!

I bought my PS4 back in 2015 just to play Arkham Knight lol.

I got a ps4 before that has I love sony video games and systems but that was the first game on ps4 that was like a must own game even though it is also on xbox one of course but I hate xbox lol.

Guys... Could Spider-Man be the biggest comic book movie of the year? JL is on track for a 110-115M OW. Wowzer.

Guys... Could Spider-Man be the biggest comic book movie of the year? JL is on track for a 110-115M OW. Wowzer.

That's a bad prediction. JL is critical proof.

That's a bad prediction. JL is critical proof.

Have you been in the Justice League box office forum before telling me that my prediction is bad? Take a look for yourself. It's Thursday numbers were lower than Ragnarok's.

Looking quite possible now.

JL won't touch Spider-Man within a 100 million.

Spidey is once again the King of the superhero boxoffice, that is until Black Panther comes out.

Spider-man might be king of comicbook movie boxoffice this year.

what a perfect homecoming indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"