The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

The violence I'm not sure about, but it definitely violated language rules.
There are two scenes of a sexual nature that in themselves would violate the rules.

the rules should be changed or someday this forum will be empty because there are each year more and more violent shows in tv

I'm not familiar with the source material so I'm just going from the trailer alone, but this just looks like a re-jazzle of Watchmen ?

Reviews are in for the first episode and for the most part there mostly mixed to positive.

Finally got around to reading the first graphic novel...and I was a bit mixed on it. I can see how this was definitely a shocking take in 2007, but today...I felt like this topic could have been handled with a bit more nuance I suppose. And to a large extent Watchmen did tackle similar themes and handled it much more deftly. It’s a very good concept, but I’m not sold on the execution. Not sure if I’ll check out the show either.

I was already going to watch this but now Gretchen Cutler is going to be in it? Oh yes. Oh hell yes. Can we get Jimmy, Lindsey and Edgar in there too?!

I've seen a few reviews and people seem to love it. So glad it's only 8 episodes. Perfect amount for a good weekend binge.

Yeah from what I hear, it’s really tight. No filler.

They released a final trailer with Simon Pegg. I think it has finally caught enough of my interest to check it out this weekend.

Does anyone else think that maybe they should have given the show a different title? "The Boys" is such a generic sounding name and doesn't signify in any way that this show has something to do with superheroes/villains. I'm not sure what would have been better but I wonder if part of the reason no one seems to know about this show is because the title doesn't make it sound like anything.

It's not supposed to be out until tomorrow, but I just checked and it's out now.
I'll probably wait until after work tomorrow to start watching, too tired tonight.

Does anyone else think that maybe they should have given the show a different title? "The Boys" is such a generic sounding name and doesn't signify in any way that this show has something to do with superheroes/villains. I'm not sure what would have been better but I wonder if part of the reason no one seems to know about this show is because the title doesn't make it sound like anything.
The mystery (to the unfamiliar) may be enticing.

It’s pretty damn good so far. A few differences from the comic - they’ve cut some characters out, probably due to time constraints - and the whole thing is turned down a notch, but it’s still a bloody good watch. Although Urban’s accent is diabolical, and it’s a little too Americanised.

It was great seeing Chace Crawfords bum in the first episode, surprised at how farmer tan it was.

This show is so good and imo, better than the comics. I like how they show the supes (the freaking villains here) as humans instead of the evil monsters they were in the comics. I mean, they are still evil, but you can see they have some humanity inside them. Every character is so interesting.

First episode hooked me. Can't wait to watch some more. Shots fired at Disney...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"