Status
Not open for further replies.

BnKRPG

Dark Lord of the RPG's
Reaction score
RPG-Banner.jpg

GAMEMASTERS AND DEPUTIES

RULES
  • You can choose to be any superhero or supervillain in the Marvel Universe, as long as they:

Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Galactus. People like Silver Surfer and Thanos are okay, though...

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character. We don't want to see Cyclops rip off a babies' head with his eye beams, or have Dazzler beat up Galactus.

• Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM. Don't kill people without reason. Don't randomly kill NPC's.

• You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Spider-Man will lose against Thor one on one, but may be able to use his allies to help out or he can run away.

• Don’t kill a PC unless you have a plan to bring them back.
    Don’t kill your character when you quit the RPG, this rob's a person from playing that character.

• If there is a problem between you and another player,
    or if you have question's please talk to one of the GMs at the top of this post

• There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.

• No obscene topics!

What to do in the RPG-
  • Act like your character; ASSUME their traits and personality...

• You can form super villain gang’s superhero teams, alliances, the works.

• There can be a number of stories (or arcs) going on at once, using different people.

• There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...

• And the most important rule:

Have fun and remember, it's only a game

People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the GM. If need be a Moderator will be called in.

For more of the ‘rules’ see- RPG Etiquette

ROSTER

HEROES

Captain America
Spider-Man9X17

Iron Man
Byrd Man

Spider-Man
Batman

Thor
Bkhedr

Daredevil
Byrd Man

Hulk
Spike_x1

Hawkeye

Spider-Man9x17

Silver Sable
J'Adore

Walking The Line

Ares
Optikal

Loki
Keyser Soze

Villains

Dr. Doom
Watchman

Green Goblin
Andy C.

Mandarin
MichaelChen

Red Skull
Watchman

Sabretooth
Bkhedr

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

New to RPGing?

Last edited:
Okay here we are guys. And here's Electro UK's good ol' fashioned Bulliten Board!

- We're in the thick of it now. We've gone back to the old roster. Got a problem with it? Make it known in OOC and a mod will fix it.

- If you haven't posted... why not?

- Villains wanted still, though we're a little more even now.

- Go buy Valkyria Chronicles, even if you don't have a PS3.

- MB is out of money and will sell his body organs for food.

Last edited:
MARVEL RPG SEASON VII Application

Screen Name: Deadpool.. also known as The 'Pool, Fiddy Cent, Ben Dover, and Deathstroke (in another universe).

Character you would like to play: Electro UK

Powers: Electro UK is a small nerdy child with an interest in writing about super heroes. He posses no real super human qualities... or any intelligance... or good looks... in fact I'm not even sure why I want to play him. This is a really odd RPG guys.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. I really feel like I connect with the guy, ya know? Like he's my other half or something. I mean sure, he's not as crazy, and he hasn't killed as many people... But if you look beneath the skin (in my case, do that anyway), I think you'll find some interesting qualities we both share.

2. He's the only person on the planet besides me that can get a hard-on over Bea Arthur.

3. I'm a sucker for nerdy 18 year olds that need to get a job and stop playing so many video games.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I believe I can deliever an intriguing and sophisticated English boy to a vastly American audience. Expanding upon this, my Sister has a ski lodge in the Alps that she uses one week a year and said if you guys let me in you can use it.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Probably 94251 times... roughly.

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Electro UK looked up into the daring red Sun, and across the streets at the blood he had just spilled. It had happened to... effortlessly... so easily. Turning to the President of the World, he helped him to his feet while pulling the bullet that he'd taken for the President out of his gut and throwing it away.

"Electro UK, this world will be forever in your debt." Mr. President began. "I cannot thank you enough... please accept this reward of 20 trillion billion US dollars, 4 house trained Rhinos, and your very own gold plated lightsabre. Its the least we could do."

Electro UK's face flickered with joy at the thought of the rewards in which he'd soon revel in. His amusement however, was cut short, as out of the fountain Alla Askermere jumped from where he fell, and with his last dying breath, flung a few more AK-47 shots Electro and the President's way!

Acting fast, Electro sprung his portable nuke up from his foot and launched it into Alla's stomach. As bloody rained from the sky, he produced an umbrella and covered the President's head. Truly, he was the finest hero to ever live!

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yes. Its copy and paste. Duh.

Oh wait... I think I did this the wrong way round...

Screen Name: Electro UK

Character you would like to play: Lonnie Thompson Lincoln, The Tombstone.

Powers: Super human strength. Strong resistance to physical harm, low calibur bullets etc. Excellent hand to hand skills.

1. He's an interesting, underrated and underused guy. The recent appearance in Spectacular Spider-man show this off.

2. Interesting powers. They're not focused on a particular thing.

3. A Spider-man villain that can branch out to other heroes etc with ease.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A different take on the standard RPG villain. Someone who people find easy to interact with.
[/B]

Last edited:
NEW! MARVEL RPG SEASON I Application

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play on Earth: Peter Benjamin Parker/The Amazing Spider-Man.

Powers: Superhuman strength, agility, reflexes, and a damn funny sense of humor.

1. I've always wanted to play him.

2. I think I could be a potentiall good fit for him.

3. I've never been that big a Spidey fan. So I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A decent RPer who's okay at writing. And, I'm also real easy to work with...I think.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

ASM547004_100.jpg

Post Sample:

SpideyBanner2.gif

I've been running around in a mask and calling myself Spider-Man for a good while now. And, in those years. I've been knocked out and rendered unconscious a hundred and fourty-seven times. At least, I think it's been a hundred and fourty-seven times. I've had trouble counting after that last blow to the head. Anyways, that aside. I've been in this situation before. So, in all the times I've been passed out, this is the first time where it gets really weird.​

I'm standing in front of Mr. Fantastic with a camcorder. He's wearing a radioactive suit and standing in front of a grey Delorean

"This is uh... This is heavy duty, Doc. This is great. Uh... does it run, like... on regular unleaded gasoline?"

"Unfortunately no, it requires something with a little more kick - plutonium."

I drop the camera and stare at him dumbly.

"Are you telling me that this sucker is nuclear?"

I drop the camera and look at Reed.

"Hey, hey, hey. Keep rolling. Keep rolling, there."

I pick up the camera and contiue to film him.

"No, no, no. This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 jigawatts of electricity I need to start the process. If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious ****."

Uncle Ben and I stand in a room, I'm wearing a fedora while Ben is decked out in glasses and a suit. A group of Nazis burst into the room, guns drawn.

"Doctor Parker...I will take zuh book now."

"What book?"

"Zuh diary in your pocket..."

"You idiot! Do you think he would be that stupid? To bring the diary all the way back here?"

My stomch goes cold, Uncle Ben just laughs and pokes me in the shoulder.

"You didn't bring it with you, did you?"

"..."

"Did you?"

"I...uhh...umm..."

"You did! I should have mailed it to the Marx Brothers!"

"Take it easy. We can discuss this later."

"Take is easy?! Why did you even come here?!"

"I came here to save you!"

"And who'll come to save you, Junior?!!!"

"I told you..."

I move quickly, ripping a machine gun out of the nearest Nazi's hands. Turning the gun on them and squeezing the trigger.

Ratatatatatataatata

"Don't call me Junior."

I drop the smoking gun and walk over the dead Nazis with Uncle Ben behind me.

"Look what you did!"

Daredevil and Luke Cage stand next to me. The three of us are all on a boat, out in the choppy ocean water.

Out of nowhere, a giant shark leaps out of the water. It's got four steel tentacles on it's back and a giant pair of sunglasses on it's face. The shark lands in the water and goes back down.

"That's a twenty footer."

"Twenty-five. Three tons of him."

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

My head rolls back and hits something hard and metallic. I'm not sure where I am, but the pain that's overflowing my body lets me know I'm back in the real world and even worse, I'm without my mask. The objects start to take shape as my eyes start to focus. I can tell I'm in some warehouse thingy, typical bad guy cliche. I can hear voices around me, voices I recognize. I decide to keep quiet, if they think I'm still unconscious, then that's good. I have surprise on my side.

One thing I know for sure...I'm going to need a bigger boat

Approved of course. :up:

BUT you people will notice that I have included a... NEW APPLICATION in the roster! There are now two. The original is intended for people who haven't played in an RPG before or who are still considered relatively new.

The NEW application however is for veterans that don't really need to prove themselves to the GMs to get approved, getting rid of questions like "How many times do you intend to post in the RPG a day." its a simple time saver, because you know when say Master Bruce applies to play Daredevil, we don't need any proff of his quality as an RPer.

One thing I also need to clarify on is GMs. I have Peter Parker and Bryd Man willing to help, who I'm very happy to have on board. Venom 160, do you still want your place? We could use a hand... and is Feature still around this parts?

Screen Name: Deadpool.. also known as The 'Pool, Fiddy Cent, Ben Dover, and Deathstroke (in another universe).

Character you would like to play: Electro UK

Powers: Electro UK is a small nerdy child with an interest in writing about super heroes. He posses no real super human qualities... or any intelligance... or good looks... in fact I'm not even sure why I want to play him. This is a really odd RPG guys.

1. I really feel like I connect with the guy, ya know? Like he's my other half or something. I mean sure, he's not as crazy, and he hasn't killed as many people... But if you look beneath the skin (in my case, do that anyway), I think you'll find some interesting qualities we both share.

2. He's the only person on the planet besides me that can get a hard-on over Bea Arthur.

3. I'm a sucker for nerdy 18 year olds that need to get a job and stop playing so many video games.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I believe I can deliever an intriguing and sophisticated English boy to a vastly American audience. Expanding upon this, my Sister has a ski lodge in the Alps that she uses one week a year and said if you guys let me in you can use it.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Probably 94251 times... roughly.

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Electro UK looked up into the daring red Sun, and across the streets at the blood he had just spilled. It had happened to... effortlessly... so easily. Turning to the President of the World, he helped him to his feet while pulling the bullet that he'd taken for the President out of his gut and throwing it away.

"Electro UK, this world will be forever in your debt." Mr. President began. "I cannot thank you enough... please accept this reward of 20 trillion billion US dollars, 4 house trained Rhinos, and your very own gold plated lightsabre. Its the least we could do."

Electro UK's face flickered with joy at the thought of the rewards in which he'd soon revel in. His amusement however, was cut short, as out of the fountain Alla Askermere jumped from where he fell, and with his last dying breath, flung a few more AK-47 shots Electro and the President's way!

Acting fast, Electro sprung his portable nuke up from his foot and launched it into Alla's stomach. As bloody rained from the sky, he produced an umbrella and covered the President's head. Truly, he was the finest hero to ever live!

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yes. Its copy and paste. Duh.

Oh wait... I think I did this the wrong way round...

Screen Name: Electro UK

Character you would like to play: Lonnie Thompson Lincoln, The Tombstone.

Powers: Super human strength. Strong resistance to physical harm, low calibur bullets etc. Excellent hand to hand skills.

1. He's an interesting, underrated and underused guy. The recent appearance in Spectacular Spider-man show this off.

2. Interesting powers. They're not focused on a particular thing.

3. A Spider-man villain that can branch out to other heroes etc with ease.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A different take on the standard RPG villain. Someone who people find easy to interact with.
[/b]

Double approvage.

There's no rush dude. :up:

In fact I was gonna propose we go back to the old roster setup if you were tiring of being the only one who could update for us.

I don't mind. Characters aren't picked up and dropped like flies often (unlike OU :cmad:). The only reason I've been busy about updating in the past is my girlfriend is clingy as hell and so I don't always get around to hopping on my laptop. I still adore her, but she really is the main reason. :oldrazz:

Oh and Bryd, 50 million Electro points for getting a Last Crusade reference in your post. :up:

Screen Name: Harley_x

Character you would like to play: Sharon Carter

Powers: None, but has an excellence in Espionage and Martial Arts

1. She's a character that is misunderstood of her abilities and i want her to show more of her abilities.

2. She is in interesting character to play who doesn't have super powers.

3. She gets involved in the action most of the time and i could take her story anywhere.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I can bring a creative and imaginative mind to the story of Sharon Carter. I could make Sharon's character grew in personality and portray a new way of "rolling"

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: I have quite some other RPG's to do but I'll try my best, depends on the action sometimes.

"Wow, very interesting indeed Mr White, i never knew you could play the violin"
Sharon cracked a smile,
"You'll be surprised Ms Harper"
Sharon Carter was undercover on a mission for SHIELD, her mission was to seduce Mr Thomas White, a rather large billionaire who also dealed temporary MGH to people who had enough money to pay for it. She used the identity Angela Harper.

Sharon got closer to Thomas White, she put her Champagne glass on the mini coffee table next to Thomas' bed. She flung herself onto the bed and smiled. She had to distract Thomas long enough until her partner would give her the codeword through her earpiece, that they had taken the drugs.

"So Mr White, what's your business?" Sharon asked, taking out her hair bun. Her hair fell to her shoulders and she sat up on the bed.
"Please, call me Thomas....and my business is your business"
Thomas White placed himself next to Sharon Carter and felt her hair. He slowly got closer to her. Sharon then heard the codewords in her ears,
"Few" Sharon Carter jumped up and got out her electric handcuffs, she swiped them around Thomas White's hands and chucked him on the floor.
"ARGH!"
"The name is Sharon Carter and I work for SHIELD"

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
216870-137560-sharon-carter_super.jpg

MARVEL RPG SEASON VII Application For Veterans

Screen Name: Harley x

Character you would like to play: Synthia Schmidt aka Sin

Powers: Being trained by her father, she is an expert hand to hand combatant and martial artist. She is also highly proficient in firearms and explosives. As the Red Skull's child, Sin also has a high level of intellect.

1. She is a daredevil young girl who has links to my other character Sharon Carter

2. She is still a young girl, so she still has time to learn all the tricks.

3. And she's a damn good character who knows her way around stuff.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to this RPG in particular:
I can bring a new fresh mind to the world of RPGs and creativity and imaginative ways of making a character develop in strength even without superpowers ^_^.

I did the Veteran one because you can find most answers up in the first app. If you want me to do a sample post that's fine.

I don't mind. Characters aren't picked up and dropped like flies often (unlike OU :cmad:). The only reason I've been busy about updating in the past is my girlfriend is clingy as hell and so I don't always get around to hopping on my laptop. I still adore her, but she really is the main reason. :oldrazz:

Why bother with girlfriends when you have e-friends damnit!?

Approved Harley!

Why bother with girlfriends when you have e-friends damnit!?

Approved Harley!
Girlfriends are a man's best friend, screw the dog
:D
And thanks. Is the IC thread still the same? Or is there a new one?

There'll be a new one soon...

That's cause we never spend time togeth anymore Trusty. We used to trust each other, plan our days around each other, LOVE each other.

But no. You had to work. It was "more important" than me. :(

Yes. Yes. Yes.

You do. You do. You do.

MARVEL RPG Application

Screen Name: Peter Parker

Character you would like to play: Matthew Michael Murdock aka Daredevil

Powers: Murdock was blinded as a youth when his eyes came into contact with high levels of radioactive waste. The waste essentially "short-circuited" his optic nerve, permanently blinding the boy. However, his other four senses (touch, taste, smell, and hearing for those of you who didn't pass fourth grade the first few times) function at unparalleled levels. The muscles in his body grew stronger, giving him strength and agility comparable to that of an Olympic grade athlete. His sense of smell was heightened to primal levels, allowing him to track people and gain perceptions of the world around him that others couldn't imagine. His sense of taste was made more acute, granting him the ability to feel subtle changes in temperature. Lastly, Murdock's sense of hearing has given him superhuman balance. He can climb across any surface and, while hearing wind currents, can "see" the events happening before him using echolocation.

1. Daredevil is a really compelling character. He's fun to play as and fun to write.

2. With the game on the brink of a potential reboot, I can reinvent the classic Daredevil characters, and give those already present in the game a face-lift.

3. The phrase "tit-for-tat" comes to mind. :cwink:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I can bring a good writer with plenty of experience. I can also bring pictures of adorable animals that I will post at random intervals in the OOC thread.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Twice.

Daredevil - The Man Without Fear

Sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. These are the five senses of the human body; these are the five tools which human beings have been given by Mother Nature and natural selection to help them survive in this chaotic, unforgiving world. Five basic abilities built into the human genome, all of which are critical for survival.

Matthew Michael Murdock lacks one of them: sight. At a young age, he lost his ability to see in a freak encounter with radioactive waste. Nurtured by his alcoholic father, Murdock learned that, in life, things aren't always easy, and the world isn't always kind.

His father taught him to be fearless; to never stop fighting for what he wanted or believed in. His brashness and quick temper earned Matthew the name "Daredevil" when he was ridiculed by his classmates.

The name stuck.

Now, in adulthood, Murdock lurks in the shadows of his neighborhood, trying to reconcile the life he leads as The Man Without Fear with the one he's slowly leaving behind as Matthew Murdock.

No matter what happens in his life, though, Matt Murdock will always be a watchful protector of the people of Hell's Kitchen; inspiring the people to fight their way out of the darkness they live in each day. To an extent, he'd done so... he's helped people back into the light. If for no other reason than because they know that when they set foot out of their homes and apartments, they're safe. They're watched by a silent, guardian Devil. A man without fear, boundaries, or limits when it comes to protecting his people.

Daredevil1-2.jpg

A Daredevil.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Damn right I do.

That's cause we never spend time togeth anymore Trusty. We used to trust each other, plan our days around each other, LOVE each other.

But no. You had to work. It was "more important" than me. :(

Uh, I don't know what YOU'RE thinking, but I was referring to what a sore loser you were in Scrabble. Jane takes defeat like a champ; a good sport. You'd just cry on the couch for hours and frankly I got tired of it.

THAT'S why work was "more important" than you. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"