The Brand New And Improved "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG OOC/Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'RPG Archives' started by BnKRPG, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Man9X17

Spider-Man9X17 Ultron was sitting on him

I've been on vacation for the past week in Niagara Falls. I'll be home sometime tomorrow night so I should have a new Hawkeye post soon

2. Watchman

Watchman Adios, Cowboy

"But wait a minute Watchman couldn't Red Skull jump to one of his 987 bodies?"

*Gun shot and the sound of a body falling over*

Anyone else?

3. JewishHobbit

JewishHobbit Well-Known Member

Well, Lifeguard along with her new teammates X-Factor... and the new Captain Universe... are headed over to help out in the Symbiote invasion/Apocalypse deal. I wasn't really planning on it but thought... what the heck, could be fun.

Also, when does a season typically end? I'm just curious because I was really wanting to enter the Cosmic scene but if it's about to end then maybe I'll wait until season 2 to start it and just have this Captain Universe stuff be a prelude to it.

I was just wondering because it seems that this Apocalypse thing is the last major storyline that's been building. Seems like a good place to cut and start a new one... but again, I don't know your guys's methods on when you cut them.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

Given the typical season length (usually either just under or just above 2000 posts), I'd say we're little more than halfway through.

Also, what are we doing with the Apocalypse/symbiote thing, given that Optikal has been incapacitated and is out of the game for a while? Do we try and wrap it up quickly, or hold off on confronting it until Op's ready to come back, so he has the chance to participate in his own story?

5. Gallagher

Gallagher Shaman of Sexy

Op's out of the game for awhile?

6. Catman_prb

Catman_prb Sad Clown

There's a thread somewhere.

7. Gallagher

Gallagher Shaman of Sexy

Good christ.

Anyway, on the Symbiote Virus/invasion, make something of it don't just wrap it up in a post or two. Keep it going dammit. I have a symbiotic Wade vs Agency X coming up :cmad:

8. Optikal

Optikal Professor Chaos

Do what youse guys want with the invasion and Apocalypse himself. I'm not bothered how y'all handle it to be honest.

9. bkhedr

bkhedr Man of Mayhem

I don't want to tell people how to operate but I would appreciate if we can wrap up the symbiote thing fast as I can't really have Sabertooth, Kingpin, the Police, and everybody else I am using in my current Sabes arc ignore it and I'm not a fan of acting like my character is in a vacuum insulated from the others.

So basically until this thing is resolved Sabes is in limbo.

10. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

Or currently engaged with wild, dirty sex with female Loki. :wow:

11. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

But seriously, I think the best plan of action would be to, for now, disregard Optikal's big set-up post with Apocalypse and his symbiotes hitting New York, act like it never happened. Anyone with posts referring to it should edit or delete. Just don't address the story for now.

It sounds drastic, but let me explain. Bkhedr says he just wants us to wrap things up quick and move on. That's fair enough, but with that mindset - "oh crap, we need to get this thing over with" - it's not going to be any fun, and could risk dragging the game to a standstill. It's probably going to end up a lot like Snapper_Carr's Gorilla Grodd story: a big villain invasion, without the villain. And look how slowly that's STILL trudging along.

Furthermore, I think it'd be more respectful of Optikal to wait and do the arc with him. He laid all the groundwork for this story, I don't think it'd be fair to then follow through with a rush-job conclusion in his absence. Hold off on the symbiote invasion, and do it right when Optikal returns. It'll be a lot more fun with Optikal involved.

The only exception to this might be Gallagher, who seems to be doing an extended solo arc linked to symbiotes. Maybe you could do a bit of editing, Gallagher, make your symbiote a one-off rather than part of an invasion, and retroactively tie it into Op's story when he comes back to pick it up?

12. Optikal

Optikal Professor Chaos

Me and Keyser spoke at length about this and I'm in full support of his stance.

I know my good buddy Gallagher will be a bit stressed at such events but I'd like a story I've been chipping away at all season to get it's due conclusion. So yeah...

I should be well enough soon to start juggling at least part of the RPGs work load again.

13. bkhedr

bkhedr Man of Mayhem

I know this was meant as a joke, but oh the possibilities.

Let's talk

14. bkhedr

bkhedr Man of Mayhem

I like.

15. MST3K 4ever

MST3K 4ever BRING IT BACK!

Hey I am going to be out of town for some R & R until next week.

I told Watchman he could bunny Janet if needed.

Until next week...Peace.

16. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

Since nobody seems to care enough to offer a counterargument, I assume it's okay for us to go ahead with my suggestion?

17. Byrd Man

Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

I am all for it.

18. JewishHobbit

Hype's been having problems lately. It was Database Error for me nearly all day yesterday!

Anyhow, that's fine. I can go back and edit my Lifeguard arcs just fine. And I'm actually kinda regretting having Paulie Provenzano having the Enigma Force so I may go back and edit that one a bit and have someone else with the power. I just don't like how it's working out, and since I'm editing all the posts since, I might as well do it now. I'll repost the old post leading into that so everyone can see who I choose to have the Engima Force instead of Paulie.

19. Gallagher

Gallagher Shaman of Sexy

I'm kinda stuck for ideas right now so I may hold off on everything Deadpool till the Symbiote Arc continues (I'm aware that could be some time.)

20. JewishHobbit

Okay... all my old posts deleted and the one prior to the invasion is updated and reposted. I've decided to keep the Paulie as Captain Universe thing and go a direction that ties up a dangling plot thread I had left open during my Madrox Reality Hijinks arc.

21. Catman_prb

Catman_prb Sad Clown

So, who's got enough time/patience to explain to me what's been going on since the beginning of the season? In little words.

22. Gallagher

Gallagher Shaman of Sexy

**** went down.

It may or may not have also 'got real'.

23. JewishHobbit

Okay guys... I'm dropping Lifeguard for now and... if you don't mind... picking up my story as Jamie Madrox again. I figure that since I was already aproved and played him earlier in the season that that would be okay. I just hate filling out that stupid application.

I just feel that since I'm continuing one of his original storylines it should be his point of view. And I like writing him better than Lifeguard, though Lifeguard's story will continue to build as a secondary character as this tale continues.

24. JewishHobbit

I can give you the parts I've participated in.

The biggest story early on is that the Red Skull had put a bounty up on the heads of most/all superheros, though no one knew it was the Skull. This turned into a superhero hunting spree resulting in several small-time deaths, including:

Dazzler (Reserected and is now a Horseman of Apocalypse)
    American Eagle (Reserected and is now a Horseman of Apocalypse)
    Slipstream (still dead)
    Siena Blaze

There may be more but I don't remember who.

Anyhow eventually the whole thing was wrapped up when the Green Goblin teamed up with the X-Men (consisting of: Cyclops, Emma, Beast, Wolverine, and Lifeguard... with NPC's Thunderbird III, Colossus, and Iceman) and hunted the Red Skull down. The Green Goblin knew who it was and there was a pretty good throwdown between the Goblin and X-Men, and Red Skull, Crossbones, and Sin. In the end the Goblin got the Red Skull to cancel the bounty... but Goblin was then hijacked and kidnapped by the Sinister Six. That story is ongoing.

The X-Men battled more but then fled, their mission accomplished. Lifeguard has left the X-Men, the rest are currently in the Blackbird without a home to go to, or story to tell :)

My own story followed Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man. To put it quickly, there was a man out of time named Halloween Jack from the X-Men 2099 comic who had a goal to build an Alternate Reality machine and use superhuman DNA to find a link between the 616 and his alternate future. He would then hope to bring his world here and blend the two. He hired Gamesmaster to collect DNA for him and this brought in Jamie Madrox and a team of Forgotten X-Men. Eventually, Jamie and Layla Miller were captured by Sinister, learned about the DNA stuff, and found their ways to Halloween Jack. Things went bad and the machine activated and alternate realities began to pour into our world, including the Age of Apocalypse, 2099, Future Imperfect, etc. In the end Jamie Madrox stopped the machine with much help and all was well, though it's said that some of the alternate characters remained. I left that open for others to use if they want.

Jamie formed a new X-Factor consisting of himself, Layla Miller, Strong Guy, Random, and Paulie Provenzano. Lifeguard has left the X-Men and has JUST joined the team as well. And Paulie has suddenly been endued the Enigma Force and is now Captain Universe, given the task of freeing the Sentry from Sinister's clutches.

that's all I've got. The others can probably do better by you.

25. Catman_prb

Catman_prb Sad Clown

Good lord. What've the Avengers been up to? Scrabble tournament?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.