The Brave and the Bold News and Discussion Thread

I like how the scoopers are suddenly like ''whoops, my bad! We'll be more careful in the future''.

As if we didn't know they just say whatever they like and wait for the desired engagement to follow. The social media game is boring.

The horror roots aren’t a bad route, but that team is not interesting. I don’t think it means they’d inherently make a bad movie, but it’s certainly not an exciting team.

Extraordinarily funny several rumors about Andy being out have come out during the past months and Gunn can't bother to debunk them but the second someone says Andy is writing he instantly shuts it down. Really wonder if he's staying guys!

I’m no fan of his and I agree a lot of the bad stuff you can make a straight line to the bad stuff in It 2, but to say it wasn’t a disaster of a production when the main star was literally wanted by the police during filming and they where in constant reshoots doesn’t seem right…
It was not during filming. Ezra's crime spree started way after the movie had wrapped. And it wasn't constant reshoots either, the only thing that was reshot, and it was documented in the trades was the very last scene which went from Keaton to Cavill and Gadot to Clooney. People like to conflate that with there being Josstice League or SS 2016 style reshoots but there are no claims from any crew members, actors, or any reports whatsoever that's the case. It really was just that very last scene.

brother what. how is Fede Alvarez, who's got actual sauce, worse than Muschietti
Muschietti sucks in a boring, annoying way and has made two decent movies. Alvarez makes absolute lowest common denominator, shock value, rape obsessed schlock. They’re both hacks, Alvarez is just a much more unpleasant one.

Muschietti sucks in a boring, annoying way and has made two decent movies. Alvarez makes absolute lowest common denominator, shock value, rape obsessed schlock. They’re both hacks, Alvarez is just a much more unpleasant one.
The visuals in that Alien Romulus trailer are nice though. Can't speak for any of his other work but I've heard he's a good journeyman filmmaker that actually knows what he's doing on a technical level which is a great improvement; and that "shock value rape obsessed schlock" that I assume showed up in his slasher films obviously wouldn't show up here. But maybe I'll watch his films and hate his directing style, I don't know. I'll take almost anyone that didn't make The Flash at this point.

The visuals in that Alien Romulus trailer are nice though. Can't speak for any of his other work but I've heard he's a good journeyman filmmaker that actually knows what he's doing on a technical level which is a great improvement; and that "shock value rape obsessed schlock" that I assume showed up in his slasher films obviously wouldn't show up here. But maybe I'll watch his films and hate his directing style, I don't know. I'll take almost anyone that didn't make The Flash at this point.
He’s not a good journeyman filmmaker. He’s a witless splatter hack at his best and his hired gun studio work is if anything more blandly awful than Muschietti’s.

I have SOME nice things to say about Muschietti (I think he’s great with child actors, for instance, which is probably part of why he was originally aboard this movie and why I was pretty open to him on it). I have nothing nice to say about Alvarez beyond ‘a couple scenes in Evil Dead are sort of alright’.

He’s not a good journeyman filmmaker. He’s a witless splatter hack at his best and his hired gun studio work is if anything more blandly awful than Muschietti’s.

I have SOME nice things to say about Muschietti (I think he’s great with child actors, for instance, which is probably part of why he was originally aboard this movie and why I was pretty open to him on it). I have nothing nice to say about Alvarez beyond ‘a couple scenes in Evil Dead are sort of alright’.
To me the calculation on preferring anyone over Muschietti is that with Muschietti we know what we're into and it all sucks. We know that if Muschietti directs it we're bound to see some of the worst CGI ever done in a modern blockbuster (He'd absolutely embarrass himself with CGI Damian running around), some of the most awful batsuits ever put to film, probably the worst cinematography of any Batman film.

With anyone else, even if they're not George Miller or James Gunn, at least there's a benefit of the doubt that Muschietti completely lost since we've already seen where his mind goes in regards to superhero films and Batman on two separate incarnations of the character.

To me the calculation on preferring anyone over Muschietti is that with Muschietti we know what we're into and it all sucks. We know that if Muschietti directs it we're bound to see some of the worst CGI ever done in a modern blockbuster (He'd absolutely embarrass himself with CGI Damian running around), some of the most awful batsuits ever put to film, probably the worst cinematography of any Batman film.

With anyone else, even if they're not George Miller or James Gunn, at least there's a benefit of the doubt that Muschietti completely lost since we've already seen where his mind goes in regards to superhero films and Batman on two separate incarnations of the character.
I get you, but as a purely personal taste thing as much as I hate It: Chapter Two and don’t think very highly of The Flash I’d comfortably watch either over Don’t Breathe or The Girl Who Kicked the Spider’s Web.

Well. Maybe. Muschietti’s are eight million years long lol

I will say it is interesting how Fede also showed up as one of the candidates WB was considering for The Batman if Matt didn't sign up. Makes me wonder if he's been aiming to get his hands on a Batman film for a long time, should he actually turn out to be the director for this.

It also kinda tracks to me that maybe they got half the rumor right. Rodo's entire career has been exclusively working with Fede, so maybe they just ****ed up and he's writing it with Fede instead, who is going to be announced as director once they're ready to announce Muschietti's departure.

Another thing is that James "dream pick" for Batman director back in 2017 was Jeremy Saulnier, so I do think he generally does prefer darker directors working on Batman stuff. Which makes sense given his comic tastes.

That being said, my ideal scenario is James just doing it himself. He's a better pick than almost anyone they can get.

I will say it is interesting how Fede also showed up as one of the candidates WB was considering for The Batman if Matt didn't sign up. Makes me wonder if he's been aiming to get his hands on a Batman film for a long time, should he actually turn out to be the director for this.

It also kinda tracks to me that maybe they got half the rumor right. Rodo's entire career has been exclusively working with Fede, so maybe they just ****ed up and he's writing it with Fede instead, who is going to be announced as director once they're ready to announce Muschietti's departure.

Another thing is that James "dream pick" for Batman director back in 2017 was Jeremy Saulnier, so I do think he generally does prefer darker directors working on Batman stuff. Which makes sense given his comic tastes.

That being said, my ideal scenario is James just doing it himself. He's a better pick than almost anyone they can get.
Saulnier would be just about the best choice ever but I can’t imagine him on this movie. I agree that Fede is a (depressingly) realistic prospect and fits with the general sub standard hires Gunn has picked thus far.

It was not during filming. Ezra's crime spree started way after the movie had wrapped. And it wasn't constant reshoots either, the only thing that was reshot, and it was documented in the trades was the very last scene which went from Keaton to Cavill and Gadot to Clooney. People like to conflate that with there being Josstice League or SS 2016 style reshoots but there are no claims from any crew members, actors, or any reports whatsoever that's the case. It really was just that very last scene.
This is from October, the warrant happened in August.

Check mate, my friend.

This is from October, the warrant happened in August.

Check mate, my friend.
We later found out it was a reshoot of the last scene but with Cavill and Gadot. Then with Clooney. Again it doesn't really excuse Andy from the issues in the film.

We later found out it was a reshoot of the last scene but with Cavill and Gadot. Then with Clooney. Again it doesn't really excuse Andy from the issues in the film.
Your honor, the question was "did Ezra Miller film additional scenes during the period of time in which they where wanted by law enforcement officers?" and the answer is unquestionably yes. Now, if the man in the stand here wishes to waste the court's time with evasion of the question, that is entirely within their rights, as foolish as it may be.

cape-fear-1991-robert-de-niro-gregory-peck-cpf-077-bkcjgw.jpg

What if Alien Romulus is really good thoooooo
That seems highly unlikely given it’s the most boring premise for an Alien movie possible made by a hack who is uniquely ill suited to making it due to his repeated, leering, gross incompetence dealing with the sexual horror imagery Alien trades in.

If you’re looking for a saviour, Fede ain’t it. The only benefit he might have over Muschietti is he hasn’t made a movie as ugly as The Flash. But he’s also never made a movie as decent as It: Chapter One and doesn’t at least have the one substantial benefit Muschietti has: talent and experience at working with child actors.

He would comfortably be the worst director to ever make a movie with Batman in it.

I think that one of two things are what's happpening here:
1. Rodo is indeed writing it so the report was half right (And I can buy them being half right at least because it came from the same dude that wrote all the DCUleaks) but it's Fede who is co-writing and ultimately gonna direct.
2. They haven't gotten a screenwriter yet because yeah it's gonna be Gunn who ultimately will write and direct it once he's done filming PM Season 2.

Even accounting for the strikes it's been like a year since they began searching for a writer for this. If they haven't found one yet that Gunn likes or that he likes for his vision, I doubt they'll find one and at this point I'm more inclined to think he'll just write the thing himself. And if he writes then he's gonna direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"