The Brianna Hildebrand/Negasonic Teenage Warhead Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Wildcard, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

[​IMG]

Had to do this one considering she was one of my favorite things about the first & I'm very much looking forward to her (hopefully) having a bigger role this time around. Besides the man himself, Negasonic is actually who I'm most excited to see. Probably even more than Cable. :woot:

2. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Yeah there were a lot of good things about the first film and she was right up there as one of them, her outfit is again perfect.

3. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I liked the actress but I can't help but be turned off by the character's inclusion. I felt like I would have been more ecstatic if she was playing Armor or some X-Men Jr and not a villain who was killed off very early. Then in Apocalypse - Psylocke and Angel became the villains while Jubilee was an extra.

4. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

I'm not sure I really understand the complaint...I mean, there's really nothing wrong with the character she's currently portraying. Plus, it gives a character who's done little to nothing a chance to really shine and get some exposure amongst not only comic book fans but the general audience. So I think they made the perfect choice by choosing to have her be Negasonic and to have her return for the sequel.

5. MbJ Registered

That'd be pretty tough given Armor is Asian.

Of all the complaints one could make about superhero movies, a character's obscurity is one I've never understood.

6. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Same here. I'm always happy to see obscure characters get a chance to shine. I mean, if they don't get that chance, how the hell will they ever escape obscurity? :loco:

7. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Oh you mean like Steppenwolf?

Negasonic was a nobody that nobody wanted to see before we've seen anything from this. So you would be fine if Wonder Woman isn't in a Jl movie but some d list female character? I feel like there are far More deserving characters from the comics that could have gotten the role of ntw.

8. MbJ Registered

Steppenwolf's problem was he was lame and poorly written, not that he's an obscure character.

And she ended up being one of the funniest and most entertaining parts of the movie. Because shockingly, a character's prominence in the comics doesn't really mean anything about whether or not they work on film.

#8 MbJ, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  9. Ryan1210 Registered

Whaaaat :hehe:

10. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

And if she wasn't? You'd be complaining why she was in the movie in the first place. The version that we saw in the film was so drastic that Fox needed Marvel's approval for the change. And she was only in the movie not because tnw is someone that should appear in a movie and be treated as well as Deadpool/Colossus. She was in the movie bcos the writers thought it would be funny for Deadpool to react on her codename.

And Steppenwolf was a random.choice, and people were saying out of the jl villains out there, they picked Steppenwolf??

And comic book prominence is important, its why you got Capt. America in the first Avengers film and why most of Jl's film members are the founding members of jl from.the comics. And why most of the mutants that joined the X-Men in the movies either appeared in tas or were already popular.

#10 psylockolussus, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  11. MbJ Registered

Which is irrelevant because that's not what happened.

For a supporting character in a Deadpool movie? No, it isn't. In fact, it provably isn't, since the movie went on to become a massive hit.

12. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

He's complaining about obscure characters being shown and yet he's a fan of Psylocke and wants to see more of her even though she's in the exact same boat as Negasonic. Only difference is one was in a successful movie (and was received well so we'll be seeing more of her) and the other wasn't (and we likely won't ever be seeing her again).

I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

13. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

You just opened a can of Worms with that comment.

You obviously you haven't read the comics and have only seen the movies to make that comment. Psylocke isn't an obscure character in the X-Men lore, that's why Fox got criticism for her role in Apocalypse. Go ahead say that in Marvel Comics section and let's see what kind of reaction you would get. Beyond the comics, Psylocke have also appeared in X-Men Legends, Marvel.Ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Children of the Atom, Deadpool the videogame, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men the animated series, Mutant Academy 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Super Heroes to name a few. She will also return in Dark Phoenix.

You are way misinformed.

14. MbJ Registered

The vast majority of the people in the audience don't read comics. That's the point of the comment. Not to make fun, but it is a bit funny that you complained about Negasonic being too obscure and saying she should've been replaced with a more popular character like Armor or one of the other junior X-Men, despite the vast majority of them also falling under most people's definitions of obscure. Especially in a movie. You think the people in the audience don't know who Negasonic Teenage Warhead is but do know who Armor or her teammates are?

15. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I am referring about the world of the X-Men in the comics, not the perception of the audience who's d list or not. Now that you mentioned Armor, well yes, she has more material in the comics than Negasonic and it led to her role in X-men Anime. Therefore, making her more deserving for a film appearance.

16. MbJ Registered

But this is a movie, not a comic. So that doesn't matter.

17. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

It doesn't matter to you. But as someone who read the comics, there are certain characters that are far more deserving than Negasonic to appear in a X-Men or Deadpool film. It's not like Fox is running out of characters to adapt and now scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

18. MbJ Registered

It just doesn't matter at all. We live in an era where Rocket Racoon and Groot are now bonafide pop culture icons. The idea that a character shouldn't be adapted into a movie unless they fit an arbitrary standard of popularity has been abolished.

I'm not even sure why it's even a discussion. Negasonic is on her second movie. It's done with.

19. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Its not just popularity, but also acknowledging the comic books and what role the character had in the comics. Again, there's a reason why the Jl featured most of the founding members from the comics and not the likes of Elongating Man or Vixen. Or why Avengers aren't comprised of Black Knight, Captain Crusader, Hercules and Two Gun Kid.

And again, if you look at the reasoning behind Negasonic's inclusion, it isn't because they have this amazing character that the public public needed to see and know. They took the codename for comedic purposes and made a complete different character. Not sure, if that's something other filmmakers should take note in making cb films.

20. MbJ Registered

And this isn't the Justice League. It's a supporting cast member in a Deadpool movie.

21. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

So should Wipeman appear as another X-trainee by Colossus in the next Deadpool movie or a supporting character in a X-Men film?

22. Mike Murdock Registered

At the risk of possibly proving your point, did you make up a character? A google search reveals absolutely nothing.

That being said, I'm not opposed to them even making up characters provided they're used interestingly in ways that support the story.

23. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Well. I can't find Wipeman on Marvel Database.

24. MbJ Registered

Sure. Don't see why not.

25. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

There's no Wipeman in the comics, which makes me believe you don't care which supporting characters should appear in a comic book film.