The Brightest Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Atom(Ray Palmer) will stay on the team. :huh:

I wonder if the Atom(Ray Palmer) will stay on the team. :huh:

I think he will. The Green Arrow stuff in March which implies that Barry Allen will be a part of the team shows that Atom on the Justice League as well.

Also if Hawkman joins the League, you just gotta have the Atom alongside him :awesome:

Hmm ok sounds fun, I guess. It also sounds kinda pointless because in the oath Brightest Day came before Blackest Night.

Hmm ok sounds fun, I guess. It also sounds kinda pointless because in the oath Brightest Day came before Blackest Night.

Thats true, but kinda of make sense.

Blackest Night was supposed to be the biggest challenge for Green Lanterns, and overcome this challenge will lead to a new era.. better times. Brightest Days.

I hope it is something along those lines but still is going to bother me for some time.

You might have a point, if Sodam didnt have a revised oath in Legion of Three Worlds which says

In brightest day
through Blackest Night.

As in "brightest day after blackest night"

Yeah well in DC proper timeline it is not like that so it still bothers me.

:rolleyes:

That is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone ever complain about anything, ever. It's so inconsequential, so small, so meaningless as it's an oath from 1943.

Holy **** I might have to give up on humanity afterall.

AS: I know the artists doing the interiors on BRIGHTEST DAY are still under wraps, but can you say anything about the cover artist?

DD: Yes we can. As some of you may have noticed, we announced last week that David Finch had joined the DCU exclusively. We’ll be announcing more details about his projects in the coming months. But first, we’re excited to announce that he’ll be the regular cover artist on all the BRIGHTEST DAY books. I see this as a wonderful way to have David touch on all aspects of the DCU, and it gives fans the chance to see his interpretation of the entire DCU and its characters.

AS: That’s great news. Now, I know I said I only had one questions. But I lied. Earlier you mentioned that we’d be announcing some new titles bearing the BRIGHTEST DAY banner –what’s the deal with those?

DD: Well, since we’ve discussed so much today, I don’t want to reveal everything about the BRIGHTEST DAY books just yet. But readers should tune in for the rest of the week for more news on BRIGHTEST DAY and the DC Universe in 2010, right here on The Source.

AS: Thanks, Dan. It’s been fun. And readers – you heard it here. Welcome to DCU IN 2010: BRIGHTEST DAY AND BEYOND. Swing by tomorrow and every day this week for some more BRIGHTEST DAY news.

And for more from Geoff Johns on all things BRIGHTEST DAY, BLACKEST NIGHT and the next GREEN LANTERN arc – “NEW GUARDIANS,” visit IGN.com for an interview with the superstar writer.

IGN link = http://comics.ign.com/articles/105/1059879p1.html
but it's broken.

:rolleyes:

That is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone ever complain about anything, ever. It's so inconsequential, so small, so meaningless as it's an oath from 1943.

Holy **** I might have to give up on humanity afterall.

Im not really complaining about it, just stating that it kinda bothers me. That is ok. Trust me you will get over it. I like the Oath they way it was written in 1943, no need to change it. Plus I have a valid point, since Sodam was in the future his version of the Oath is null and void. Since in our DC Proper timeline the Oath is the way it has been for years.

Right, but it stands to reason that the oath will change because of what Yat says.

And seeings how theres going to be a complete restructure of how the Green Lantern Corps works, pretty sure theres going to be a restructure in the Oath as well.

Still, for something so trivial, **** doesn't even warrant a mention.

I can see what your saying I just was simply noticing that BN was released before BD and that is different from the Oath. SO yeah thats all. You got your panties in a bunch over my observation.

AS: I know the artists doing the interiors on BRIGHTEST DAY are still under wraps, but can you say anything about the cover artist?

DD: Yes we can. As some of you may have noticed, we announced last week that David Finch had joined the DCU exclusively. We’ll be announcing more details about his projects in the coming months. But first, we’re excited to announce that he’ll be the regular cover artist on all the BRIGHTEST DAY books. I see this as a wonderful way to have David touch on all aspects of the DCU, and it gives fans the chance to see his interpretation of the entire DCU and its characters.

AS: That’s great news. Now, I know I said I only had one questions. But I lied. Earlier you mentioned that we’d be announcing some new titles bearing the BRIGHTEST DAY banner –what’s the deal with those?

DD: Well, since we’ve discussed so much today, I don’t want to reveal everything about the BRIGHTEST DAY books just yet. But readers should tune in for the rest of the week for more news on BRIGHTEST DAY and the DC Universe in 2010, right here on The Source.

AS: Thanks, Dan. It’s been fun. And readers – you heard it here. Welcome to DCU IN 2010: BRIGHTEST DAY AND BEYOND. Swing by tomorrow and every day this week for some more BRIGHTEST DAY news.

And for more from Geoff Johns on all things BRIGHTEST DAY, BLACKEST NIGHT and the next GREEN LANTERN arc – “NEW GUARDIANS,” visit IGN.com for an interview with the superstar writer.

LINK

TBH I don't like that symbol (the white one). It's too much like the black one. The Blue/Yellow are basically inverses of one another, and most of the other ones are pretty unique (well, star saphires is just a star, but who likes them anyway?), but this just feels meh.

Maybe it if was upside down and had the triangle facing down or something. Not just the Black Hand / Black Lantern symbol with an extra rung or two.

The downward-facing triangle actually makes more sense in the White Lantern symbol, to be honest. Triangles have been symbols of fertility and life for about as long as humankind has had symbolic art.

I'm liking the BL triangle being part of the White Lantern symbol. You can't have life without death, so it's a nice touch :)

so wait, is brightest day a new title that will be out twice a month? or is this a story that will run through out existing titles (GL and GLC) which will be denoted with the brightest day banner on the cover?

Doubt I'll pick it up the title itself. If it's a banner deal as well I'll just keep picking up titles that I already do and hopefully they'll just be tie-ins in name only.

Thats true, but kinda of make sense.

Blackest Night was supposed to be the biggest challenge for Green Lanterns, and overcome this challenge will lead to a new era.. better times. Brightest Days.

Meh, I don't care much for that interpretation. I liked the idea that the Brightest Day is the beginning of the Corp and the Blackest Night is the end of the Corp (or the Universe or however far you want to go with it).

So i'm pondering what you fellow fans think about this upcoming Bi-weekly serie but more important how it effects some characters. Are you happy that Mera, Luthor, Scarecrow and these new bold and brave Lanterns are getting their own spotlight but also come with a new power, that being the ring. In a way it kinda reminds me of the jokes how when DC gets uncreative they give electricity powers to heroes such as 90s Superman and now Gail Simone giving Wonder Woman the Zeus' lightning.

So are you happy that not only these C-listers are getting attention and getting character development, but are you happy or dissatisfied how they have become colored lanterns of their respective emotion? Does it bother you that you wish someone was writing them as awesome but withouth the rings or what? I wanna hear it!

Personally i'm really digging that Scarecrow might *finally* not only become a fearsome villain, but now hes a super pwered one! Ofcourse we don't know how the Sinestro Corps will stand in Brightest Day since Sinestro finally gets rid of the Old Guardians, or so we believe atleast for now, maybe the Guardians will become full time villains with their Manhunters again? Who knows!

I like the choices in deputy Lanterns. If it goes beyond the 24 hour limit, it might wear out on me, but I don't mind having obscure characters sharing the limelight. Outside of comics you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who knows who Saint Walker or Atrocitus is, so outside of Jordan and Stewart most of them are obscure anyways, and people are always talking about how the big DC events only deal with the Trinity or the JLA. If some cool new ideas for the characters come out of Blackest Night and Brighest Day, more power to the creative team.

I'd normally stay away from a 26 issue biweekly series, but with Johns and Tomasi writing the whole thing...well, those are great names to have attached to anything Lantern-related. I'm not too keen on Finch's art after flipping through Ultimatum, but I'm willing to wait and see on this.

So i'm pondering what you fellow fans think about this upcoming Bi-weekly serie but more important how it effects some characters. Are you happy that Mera, Luthor, Scarecrow and these new bold and brave Lanterns are getting their own spotlight but also come with a new power, that being the ring. In a way it kinda reminds me of the jokes how when DC gets uncreative they give electricity powers to heroes such as 90s Superman and now Gail Simone giving Wonder Woman the Zeus' lightning.

So are you happy that not only these C-listers are getting attention and getting character development, but are you happy or dissatisfied how they have become colored lanterns of their respective emotion? Does it bother you that you wish someone was writing them as awesome but withouth the rings or what? I wanna hear it!

Personally i'm really digging that Scarecrow might *finally* not only become a fearsome villain, but now hes a super pwered one! Ofcourse we don't know how the Sinestro Corps will stand in Brightest Day since Sinestro finally gets rid of the Old Guardians, or so we believe atleast for now, maybe the Guardians will become full time villains with their Manhunters again? Who knows!

Meh, I think it's fine for this mini, but it makes these characters too dependent on the GL franchise and mythos and robs them of their own voices and direction. And, in some cases, it feels like putting a square peg into a round hole.

Isn't this the second or third Brightest Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"