The Brightest Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you happy that Mera, Luthor, Scarecrow and these new bold and brave Lanterns are getting their own spotlight but also come with a new power, that being the ring.

So are you happy that not only these C-listers are getting attention and getting character development, but are you happy or dissatisfied how they have become colored lanterns of their respective emotion?

Did you just call Luthor a C-Lister? :wow:

i was thinking about the so-called "White Lantern symbol" and had a thought: since it's implied that there will be "New Guardians", what if the white symbol is representative of that? there are seven prongs representing the seven corps, so what if instead of there being a messianic "White Lantern" each Guardian actually possesses seven rings and are able to access the Emotional Spectrum? just a thought

... maybe the Guardians will become full time villains with their Manhunters again? Who knows!

That would be sweet to see the Guardians working with Hank Henshaw about having his Manhunters work with the Guardians. The reason they are Hank's is because he became the Grandmaster of the Manhunters during the GL run, but the Guardians could have a fail-safe that could recall their Manhunters. I also notice a Manhunter in the Suicide Squad in the background in the Secret Six BN tie in.

So it looks like several characters will be resurrected from Blackest Night as expected, considering they did a piss poor job hiding Blue Beetle's resurrection. Crossing my fingers for Aquaman :awesome:

So it looks like several characters will be resurrected from Blackest Night as expected, considering they did a piss poor job hiding Blue Beetle's resurrection. Crossing my fingers for Aquaman :awesome:

You mean Ted's back?

Disappointing, I hope this doesn't mean bad things for Jaime

Disappointing, I hope this doesn't mean bad things for Jaime
Considering that DC has 5 people going under the name Green Lantern, 3 people going under the name Flash, 2 people going under the name Green Arrow, 2 people going under the name Wildcat, I don't think they'll have a problem with 2 people going under the name Blue Beetle.

Considering how 4 of those GLs and 2 of those Flashes aren't nearly as important as the 'big' one, and the second Green Arrow hasn't been good for years, yeah, pardon my concern :o

I like Jamie a lot, way more than Ted personally speaking, so I hope he doesn't just end up being another legacy character that'll be pushed aside from the bigger picture for the 'classic' interpretation. Though, I guess thinking about it, he more or less was on his own, so he was screwed either way :/

Last edited:
Don't worry DC handled those two Green Arrows really well... Oh God.

Did you just call Luthor a C-Lister? :wow:

Lol seems i'm guilty as charged. I mean i'm just saying isn't this a nice progression from the usual mad scientist Luthor? Kinda my point. =p If he can stay as a Orange Lantern that is. I keep forgetting the new Lanterns are only for 24 hours unless something major happens.

I wouldn't expect it to go on beyond the mini. It's a bit of fun throwing power rings on DCU characters but it's nothing to build on IMO.

Outside of the main GL characters, St. Walker, Larfleeze, Atrocitus, I'd agree. I wouldn't mind if the corps remain after this, but yes, the multitude of rings on Earth isn't necessary.

Actually, the numerous corps could transform the GL titles into a very Star Trek Federation type series, with a great deal of politics and uneasy alliances and so forth. I'm looking forward to it.

Birds of Prey is getting relaunched under Brightest Day, this makes up for DC ****ting all over the Titans.

excited for the BOP return and hope Cassie Cain is involved in some wya...also, my money for who will become the white lantern is on Alan Scott. he was mentioned earlier in the BN series but hasnt really been utilized. plus, he's got tons of history but is far enough away from the mainstream for it to work.

Would anyone here like to se Kyle Rayner come back as THE White Lantern ??

I know I would....:awesome:

Polux

Would anyone here like to se Kyle Rayner come back as THE White Lantern ??

Not Geoff Johns.
smug.gif

:csad:

Birds of Prey is getting relaunched under Brightest Day, this makes up for DC ****ting all over the Titans.
emot-woop.gif

I'm actually excited about that. I'm so excited I wouldn't even mind if she had no choice but to give up another book cough ww coughcough in order to do this.

emot-woop.gif

I'm actually excited about that. I'm so excited I wouldn't even mind if she had no choice but to give up another book cough ww coughcough in order to do this.

Aren't their rumors about Grant Morrison taking over Wonder Woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"