The Brightest Day!

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Drz, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I don't think it's 'bad' per say, but seems like it voids the idea of the Batman/Robin relationship. Though, I guess the fact that it's his actual son would kind of even that out. I don't know, I guess part of it is I don't care for Damien and kind of hope he goes when Morrison does. It could be interesting if that's how it ends up, I suppose

#126 Tron Bonne, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

But we've already voided the traditional Batman/Robin relationship with Dick and Damian. Why not explore other iterations?

3. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I don't think it's been voided, just flipped, I think there's a difference. And I don't think it'll necessarily be a bad thing to have the whole dark/dark dynamic or anything.

#128 Tron Bonne, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. fifthfiend M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Because it's boring. You have one grim determined jackass, and then a smaller grim determined jackass, and... man I almost fell asleep just writing this sentence, I'm so damn bored with it.

It would tie the ribbon on my belief that Damien is the Bowser Junior of the Batman franchise, so there's that at least.

5. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

^heh, bowser junior... a best comparison yet. :up:

i personally have never cared for (young) damian. thought he was cool as an adult in "Batman and Son". but that was only for like 4 pages.

he did make me laugh in the new batgirl run though. Steph accidentally freezes him to which he replies "i want to stab you"...alfred tell Steph not to worry because he has confiscated all of damians knives...to which damian comes back with "that you know of, pennyworth. that you know of."

6. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I REALLY hope they don't kill Dick. I was pissed when I heard they wanted to in Infinite Crisis. I think he's just too central to the characters. He's a good tether between Tim and Barbara, and I think he even hold the same function between Bruce and Barbara.

7. Drz Real Hero

Morrison just recently in an interview said he wouldn't do anything to get the Batman fans too enraged. If anything. Dick will die as Batman the same way he died as Nightwing. Switching roles. :p

8. MMMMM...Pancakes Cena Wins LOL

He also said he'd push the Bat-Fans limits, lol!!:awesome:

9. Drz Real Hero

The final arc of Batman & Robin's season 1 is called: Batman and Robin MUST DIE!

So yeah i'm sure we'll be seeing covers and solicit info where we see a Dead Dick and a Dead Damian. =P

10. fifthfiend M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

:up:

11. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

"Green Lantern #50: Parallax Rebirth" was AMAZING!

also... wondering when a lot of the bat-families dead relatives are going to show up...like Dick's parents, Tim's parents, or Stephanie's father... also, has the black rings claimed Jason? i'm not sure how they are going to treat his death because it was more retconned than him coming back to life...

12. Drz Real Hero

[​IMG]

13. Dirt Like Me Goddamn Batfan

The Flying Grayons and Tim's parents both showed up in the Blackest Night: Batman miniseries. It was okay, but you didn't really miss a whole lot if you didn't read it. The best part of it, in my opinion, was Deadman. It's nice to see Boston Brand getting some attention.

14. fifthfiend M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

[​IMG]

15. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

yeah, i missed those... oh well. I've loved deadman since reading Kevin Smiths "Green Arrow" run. Not enough to actually go out and read his stories, but i enjoy when he pops up here and there. Boston Brand is hilarious (much funnier than Russel Brand)

16. Ben Akers Registered

Now that you mention it, he has been noticeably absent.

:huh: Why?

17. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

because nobody knows what the hell to do with him. he hasn't had a consistent characterization since he's been brought back.

18. Drz Real Hero

Who would be connected to Jason Todd and Ras' al Ghul to make these Black Lanterns? You gotta remembered the Black Lanterns are *tied* to the Earth's heroes or members of the different colored corps.

19. Ben Akers Registered

I suppose since Bruce is "dead" there is no one Jason was too close with.

20. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I'd say Jason's pretty tied to anybody in the Bat family. same goes for Ra's.

21. Drz Real Hero

Oh yeah not to mention. The heroes who we're Black Lantered *saw* the corpse rise, wheres Jason and Ras' did not for example. The tether connection was born from the heroes seeing Bruce rise.

22. Drz Real Hero

23. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

"Whose side is [Blue Beetle] really on?" Really? They're gonna play with Blue Beetle's loyalties now? :doh:

Anyway, Birds of Prey and GLC sound good. Not interested in the rest.

24. RyanJ Registered

I always thought, since Hush, Jason Todd should have been the main baddie instead of Thomas Elliot. Even right now in the bat-books everything Thomas Elliot is doing, it should be Jason Todd instead. Pretending to be Bruce Wayne and trying to spend all of his money just seems like a better way to get back at the Bat-family. Instead they have Jason Todd doing who knows what, I can't even keep track. First he's the Red Hood, then he's Red Robin then...I can't even remember.

25. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

He was the Red Hood again and he tried to do this weird, marketing-heavy anti-hero schtick. Dick and Damian kicked his ass and he went to jail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.