The Brightest Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would make sense . . . if Jason Todd was a 40 something year old man instead of a early twenty something.

He's still Red Hood. Not sure where the confusion comes from. He was Red Hood in Countdown as well. Yeah, he wore the Red Robin costume for a few issues, but he's certainly Red Hood still.

Hush works well as fake Bruce. He has the technical skills and steady hand to perform the procedure.

Well, technically he's an inmate in prison now. I guess we could call him Orange Jumpsuit. :)

I guess to me the ending to Hush would have been so much better if it actually had been Jason Todd. It would have been a really cool way for him to come back instead of how he actually returned. As far as his age, he could have had the plastic surgery just the same at Thomas Elliot did. I was just never sold on the Hush character.

I guess to me the ending to Hush would have been so much better if it actually had been Jason Todd. It would have been a really cool way for him to come back instead of how he actually returned. As far as his age, he could have had the plastic surgery just the same at Thomas Elliot did. I was just never sold on the Hush character.

Check out the "Heart of Hush" storyline, it may change your mind.

Jason was actually in Hush story arc. Under the Hood establishes that he and Clayface swapped places.

Seems to me the whole Hush story was written with Jason Todd's comeback in mind. The whole idea of an opponent that knows Batman's every move, the cover with the skeleton of Jason Todd on it, the last page of whatever issue that has him standing there as Hush. Then at the last minute there's a throw away line about it not really being him but Clayface instead. And then there was Thomas Elliot's lame motivation for being bad. I guess I was just disappointed with the ending after following it for a year and being excited about it.

Check out the "Heart of Hush" storyline, it may change your mind.

I do have those issues, and while it's a good story I still think the character of Hush (and the whole storyline of Hush) would have been better if it were Jason Todd. To me he just seems to be a natural fit in that position instead of Thomas Elliot.

I don't know, Tommy's motivation seems a lot stronger than Jason's to me. Crazy, but stronger. Jason just hates everyone because Bruce couldn't stop him from getting killed out of his own stupidity. :huh:

Maybe but there's so much back story and emotion with Jason than there is with Tommy. A dead Robin back from the grave, know's Batman's strategies and how to counter him. Batman's greatest failure back from the dead. Compared to a new character that was jealous that Bruce's parents were dead and his weren't. The end of Hush left me very disappointed and I felt that Jeph Loeb was just making it up as he went.

Anyway, about that Brightest Day. Looks cool to me.

Well Red Hood is getting his prequel 6-issue mini which has Talia and Ras' al Ghul training. We're going to probably see Ras wanting Jason to become his apprentice and whatnot training him. I wish Judd had realized while writing Under the Red Hood that there shouldn't had been any reality alternations from the punch. Instead having Ras' TAKE Jason's freshly dead body years ago and secretly training him thruouty the years.

Lazarus Pit craziness + Ra's whispering poison about Bruce to Jason for years would certainly have made for a more convincing "sidekick turns evil" motivation than the "waah, I died while I was Batman's sidekick so Batman must die!" motivation we got instead.

He didn't really wanna kill off Batman you know. It was the Joker mostly, but he also well tried to point out Batman that crime can't be stopped, only controlled.

Whatever, he was a sidekick and now he's all angsty and he hates Batman. It's an incredibly boring cliché, surpassed only by the long-lost relative returning all angsty and hating the protagonist--oh, hello, Damian. :oldrazz:

I don't know, Tommy's motivation seems a lot stronger than Jason's to me. Crazy, but stronger. Jason just hates everyone because Bruce couldn't stop him from getting killed out of his own stupidity. :huh:

Jasons angry at the world because Joker went unpunished. He thought that in the least Batman would have killed him in vengeance for him killing Todd. But nothing happened short of Joker getting beat up again and thrown in jail. That's why he actually kills his victims, that's why he opposes Batman (Both Bruce and Dick), and it's a pretty big (and by big I mean pretty much his only thing) part of him post resurrection.

Pretty big difference.

I mean, if you were in Jasons shoes, wouldn't you be furious at the world too?

Maybe but there's so much back story and emotion with Jason than there is with Tommy. A dead Robin back from the grave, know's Batman's strategies and how to counter him. Batman's greatest failure back from the dead. Compared to a new character that was jealous that Bruce's parents were dead and his weren't. The end of Hush left me very disappointed and I felt that Jeph Loeb was just making it up as he went.

Anyway, about that Brightest Day. Looks cool to me.

I'm just confused as to why you don't think there is room for both? Hush is one character. Red Hood is another. I mean, you have Jason Todd as a bat-villain. What's the problem? Who cares if he wasn't Hush? It makes more sense to have him be something Joker-related anyway.

I just want Hush to go back to being Hush. This Bruce Wayne crap is boring. As for Jason, I have liked most of his appearances, even when he tried to be Nightwing, but I could not stand his characterization in Countdown (but most of us try to forget that existed), and his most recent characterization in Batman and Robin. The whole making him a ginger again and that hideous costume. If he really wanted to get into Dick's head, he should have put the Nightwing costume back on and ruin that identity in Gotham while Dick watches.

Jasons angry at the world because Joker went unpunished. He thought that in the least Batman would have killed him in vengeance for him killing Todd. But nothing happened short of Joker getting beat up again and thrown in jail. That's why he actually kills his victims, that's why he opposes Batman (Both Bruce and Dick), and it's a pretty big (and by big I mean pretty much his only thing) part of him post resurrection.

Pretty big difference.

I mean, if you were in Jasons shoes, wouldn't you be furious at the world too?
Not if Batman actually taught me anything. I agree when people call Jason Batman's greatest failure, but I think the title only applies to him after he came back. Jason was stupid and got himself killed, so I don't particularly think Batman failed him in that respect.

Whatever, he was a sidekick and now he's all angsty and he hates Batman. It's an incredibly boring cliché, surpassed only by the long-lost relative returning all angsty and hating the protagonist--oh, hello, Damian. :oldrazz:

The thing is Damian IS Jason done right. Jason argued alot more againt's Bruce and he was both dark like Bruce. Damian is dark, has argued BUT Batman right now is lighter... So yeah this is why i share some skeptimism on the possible Bruce+Damian combonation.

I'm just confused as to why you don't think there is room for both? Hush is one character. Red Hood is another. I mean, you have Jason Todd as a bat-villain. What's the problem? Who cares if he wasn't Hush? It makes more sense to have him be something Joker-related anyway.

I never said there wasn't room for both. I simply said the original Hush storyline would have been more enjoyable for me had it actually been Jason Todd. I also think the motivation for Thomas Elliot being a villain is pretty weak. I think the resulting story lines could have been much better had it been that way. That's only my opinion and obviously you don't have to agree with it.

Hush's motivations are expanded on Heart of Hush thruouth all the issues. So we can just thank Paul Dini from making a lame villain into a decent villain. Hush has potential now with Bruce being out, and yeah in June we get the 3rd Hush arc from Dini.

14cr6om.jpg

Ugh, I'm gonna have to read this. Arthur, J'onn, and Firestorm.

Kind of f***ed up that they made Firestorm default back to white once Ronnie came back...

Ugh, I'm gonna have to read this. Arthur, J'onn, and Firestorm.

Kind of f***ed up that they made Firestorm default back to white once Ronnie came back...

It would be cool if they just switched from black to white depending on who is in more control (assuming Firestorm is the both of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"