The Brightest Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the aquaboy/firestorm part of brightest day, the MM/hawkman part of brightest day is boring me to tears.

anyway, a question for anyone that knows. black manta is a normal guy that uses a suit to breathe under water, right? so how come his son has all the powers of an atlantian?

I went to wiki and in one part it says all his (black manta) powers are gained via a suit and in another it says he has the powers of an atlantian given to him by experiements

anyway, a question for anyone that knows. black manta is a normal guy that uses a suit to breathe under water, right? so how come his son has all the powers of an atlantian?

I went to wiki and in one part it says all his (black manta) powers are gained via a suit and in another it says he has the powers of an atlantian given to him by experiements

They experimented on Jackson's mother while he was still in his mother's womb. That is how he has powers.

Why did they do that

Did they pick Jacksons mother at random or did they have a reason for choosing her

With the series now over half-way done, I'm honestly kind of disappointed we still haven't gotten a peak of what the final endgame will be. Some of the storylines are really interested, but it still seems like they're all set-up so far. I'm just not finding myself captivated on an issue by issue basis. Whereas with say Generation Lost, I'm always just waiting for that next issue to come out.

Why did they do that

Did they pick Jacksons mother at random or did they have a reason for choosing her

Think it was at random because looks like they wandered into the Bermuda Triangle and were able to make it into the Xebel dimension. Maybe the King thought that since they were able to get in, they could experiment on the impregnated mother so that the infant can be what Jackson is. It is a lot of guessing but we should find out soon. I'm sure there is a reason.

Neat that makes sense

With the series now over half-way done, I'm honestly kind of disappointed we still haven't gotten a peak of what the final endgame will be. Some of the storylines are really interested, but it still seems like they're all set-up so far. I'm just not finding myself captivated on an issue by issue basis. Whereas with say Generation Lost, I'm always just waiting for that next issue to come out.

I'm digging the Aquaman and Deadman stories but I agree Generation Lost is much better :up:

Think it was at random because looks like they wandered into the Bermuda Triangle and were able to make it into the Xebel dimension. Maybe the King thought that since they were able to get in, they could experiment on the impregnated mother so that the infant can be what Jackson is. It is a lot of guessing but we should find out soon. I'm sure there is a reason.
It really depends on how much earlier Black Manta met Mera's people than Aquaman, doesn't it? We know he met them before Arthur, but we don't know the exact time or circumstances of that meeting. Maybe he met them with his pregnant wife and struck some kind of deal to give her and the kid to them in exchange for their allegiance in killing Aquaman or something.

Would be twisted, but would fit Manta's sick personality, if he gave up his impregnated wife for them to experiment on to save his own neck and allow him to leave Xebel.

Yeah, Manta's capable of pretty much anything. He's hated Aquaman since he was a teenager, right? Just making sure he'd actually have some reason to ally with the Xebel folks, 'cause if his vendetta against Aquaman starts after his kidnapping by the Xebel people (Xebellians?), I'm at a loss.

Yeah, Manta's capable of pretty much anything. He's hated Aquaman since he was a teenager, right? Just making sure he'd actually have some reason to ally with the Xebel folks, 'cause if his vendetta against Aquaman starts after his kidnapping by the Xebel people (Xebellians?), I'm at a loss.

To this day I still don't know if the 2003 reveal of Manta's earlier years as a child retcons his getting kidnapped as a teen and trying to signal an unaware Aquaman to save him or not. So hard to tell. I'm guessing it wouldn't retcon the event as a teenager because if anything the stuff as a kid amplifies it all because he showed that he loved Aquaman and the Sea and then years later when he is kidnapped trying to get saved Aquaman doesn't save him so he hates him MORE because of that and starts to hate the sea.

I think that the kidnapping and the taffying still happened to him later on in his life

Hey guys you know what I just realized? Johns kinda finally explained the disappearance of the Lighthouse Keeper. Aquaman mentions that "they"--being Mera's people--came for him when he was 13. Or, could it just be any general Atlantean terrorists? Would only really make sense, for the current time, that he is referring to Xebel though.

I think that one large reason Johns might have made Aquaman half human again is to make it a bigger impact if we end up discovering that the Lighthouse Keeper has been a prisoner of Xebel this entire time.

So would people here want Geoff Johns to write the new and very likely Aquaman outgoing? I know he's a mixed feelings writer, but i really like what he's building up with Aquaman, and the only "victim" so far with getting shoe-horned has been Garth, which was rather bland since Johns could have done what Weisman did: make Garth the Tempest instead of killing him off.

So would people here want Geoff Johns to write the new and very likely Aquaman outgoing? I know he's a mixed feelings writer, but i really like what he's building up with Aquaman, and the only "victim" so far with getting shoe-horned has been Garth, which was rather bland since Johns could have done what Weisman did: make Garth the Tempest instead of killing him off.

An Aquaman ongoing would be :awesome: but I would not want Geoff Johns to write it :down

An Aquaman ongoing would be :awesome: but I would not want Geoff Johns to write it :down

Even though I knew deep down it wouldn't happen--that they would make Mera the mother because it would do ONLY harm--my only worry about Johns working with the Aquamythos is now passed. Everything else he has done and tried to set up or tweak has been solid stuff. So I would love for him to work on a new Aquaman title. All he needs to do is set up a strong enough foundation before he would eventually leave.

Although, when Johns said he will be writing Aquaman in 2011 he did not say it was an Aquaman title and keeps hinting that it will not be an Aquaman title. And AQUAWARR from my understand was to end during Brightest Day when I talked to him at SDCC 2010. Sure, he could have been pulling my leg but there is also the matter that he mentioned that the JLA will be reforming in 2011 and the Trinity will approach Aquaman to lead. Plus there is talk about a Morrison/Johns project so it could be that they will write JLA together with Aquaman as leader.

Although, when Johns said he will be writing Aquaman in 2011 he did not say it was an Aquaman title and keeps hinting that it will not be an Aquaman title. And AQUAWARR from my understand was to end during Brightest Day when I talked to him at SDCC 2010. Sure, he could have been pulling my leg but there is also the matter that he mentioned that the JLA will be reforming in 2011 and the Trinity will approach Aquaman to lead. Plus there is talk about a Morrison/Johns project so it could be that they will write JLA together with Aquaman as leader.

Oh man that would make the greatest Morrison/Johns project in the history of comics. Outrageous!!!!!

Johns is actually a really good writer for Aquaman. The way he generally characterizes his heroes fits Aquaman man quite well.

Even with a new redo of the JLA, I would still really like to see a new Aquaman ongoing happen. His last series was awesome until Infinite Crisis came along and made them reboot it. I'd love to see a return to those classic Aquaman stories.

Even though I knew deep down it wouldn't happen--that they would make Mera the mother because it would do ONLY harm--my only worry about Johns working with the Aquamythos is now passed. Everything else he has done and tried to set up or tweak has been solid stuff. So I would love for him to work on a new Aquaman title. All he needs to do is set up a strong enough foundation before he would eventually leave.

When did Johns say that stuff? The only think known about the JLA for 2011 is that Robinson's roster will remain put for a year which ends sometime in 2011.

That said, having Johns write a Justice League that has the 7 founding members plus a few others (like Firestorm, Black Canary, and Hawkman) would be quite awesome.

:up:

Johns is actually a really good writer for Aquaman. The way he generally characterizes his heroes fits Aquaman man quite well.

Even with a new redo of the JLA, I would still really like to see a new Aquaman ongoing happen. His last series was awesome until Infinite Crisis came along and made them reboot it. I'd love to see a return to those classic Aquaman stories.

An Aquaman ongoing series would be fab I hope we get one

It'd sell, and that's what Aquaman needs, period. Doesn't matter if the stories are good or bad or what it does to his backstory--the character needs a big financial push to make DC give a s*** enough to put its weight behind him and treat him like an A-lister again. So I'm all for Johns in that respect, since everything Johns touches is gold whether it's good or not.

To be fair though, the gold that Johns is putting on Aquaman is pretty ****ing good..

It's been a lot better than I expected, certainly. He's limited his retcons to just f***ing up Mera's people, whom I don't care too much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"