Justice League The Bruce Wayne/Batman Thread

They offered him Batman during Justice League Mortal and he turned it down.

They offered him Green Lantern (2011) and he turned it down.

Gosling will turn down any offers for this again, especially now that Chris Nolan isn't involved in JL.

Yeah agreed. Drive is the only movie of his that I've seen where I could believe he would be Batman. I'm not sure anymore if he would be my first choice, but I would totally understand if he were cast and could definitely get behind it. A Winding Refn/Ryan Gosling Batman series would be insane
It's funny because the script for Drive and the character Gosling potrays as the "Driver" and the way the character behaves and his sense of morality albeit pent up aggression and violence is VERY similar to the 2000 - 2003 proposed reboot for Batman from Darren Aronofsky and Frank Miller ... which while a departure from the typical form of Batman was an AMAZING script.

Batman: Year One was awful and thankfully that flawed abortion of a project was never in real danger of being made.

Having said that Drive is Gosling's "superhero" movie. I wouldn't expect him in another.

Anyone else want to see this in the film?

hdhyperclan.jpg

tyler-hoechlin.jpg

Tyler Hoechlin

tyler-hoechlin-2011-comic-con-convention-day-3-01.jpg

See the background, its a clue. Hes Batman. lol

I wonder how people would feel if DC actually tried to combine their current franchises. That would of course implicate that Henry Cavill is Superman in Justice League, but also (and this is the controversial and kinda spoilerish part) that
Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be Batman.
It would probably never happen, (Nolan would probably prevent it) but just how controversial would it be? It solves the immediate problem of having to introduce these characters in the movie. At least for the part of the big 2.

Last edited:
I wonder how people would feel if DC actually tried to combine their current franchises. That would of course implicate that Henry Cavill is Superman in Justice League, but also (and this is the controversial and kinda spoilerish part) that
Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be Batman.
It would probably never happen, (Nolan would probably prevent it) but just how controversial would it be? It solves the immediate problem of having to introduce these characters in the movie. At least for the part of the big 2.

or......
They could always have Bale play Batman again, only it takes place during the 8 year gap between The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises

On another site some ppl have mentioned Thomas Jane, normally I'd say no simply cause he'd be too old, but after seeing his Punisher laundry day thing from Comic-Con, easily he'd be able to pull off a good Batman.

He may be older but they can always use make up and movie magic to make him look younger if need be.

I think Thomas Gibson from "Criminal Minds" would be a perfect choice

thomas-gibson.jpg

Batman should be somewhere between Conroy-Batman (DCAU and Arkham) and Grant Morrison Batman.

By which I mean this: Batman is the most committed to crimefighting of all of them. Everything he does, whether as Batman or Bruce Wayne, is related to crimefighting in some way. Superman and the others fight evil... Batman wages war on evil. And he won't stop until that war is won, even though there is no way he will ever win, and even though he will almost certainly die a violent death.

And because he's so devoted, he notices things others don't, he has plans others don't, and he isn't afraid to bend the rules, so long as he doesn't break any of his (i.e. no killing).

Good characterization :up:

He looks about 35 though. Gibson looks old.

Besides, do you really want a 60 year old Batman by the time the third movie comes out?

Not to mention Iron Man isn't a very physically demanding role, in comparison to Batman.

should get luke evans since he and cavill were in immortals together and luke's profile is raising lately since he is in the hobbit and the next F&F film
2uy1vrc.jpg

2monh1x.jpg

10nztae.jpg

They offered him Batman during Justice League Mortal and he turned it down.

They offered him Green Lantern (2011) and he turned it down.

Gosling will turn down any offers for this again, especially now that Chris Nolan isn't involved in JL.

Okay to be fair, I would have turned down either of those projects too.

So there's absolutely no chance Bale comes back for this? Sorry I haven't kept myself in the loop for this just yet.

Actually, Bale has said he would come back if Chris Nolan comes back. Maybe Bale himself could be swayed, it's very highly unlikely though.

The only trouble is that there's really no way to reconcile Nolan's Bat-verse with the otherworldiness of Man of Steel and Green Lantern. So if Bale returned it'd have to be as a totally new Batman which would just confuse the general public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"