The Winter Soldier The Bucky Better Hook Up With Black Widow Or I Will Get Angry thread

Not *really*, given that Howard Stark was already established as being deeply involved in WWII era R&D. However, that's likely a bad example for what is otherwise a fair point.

Anybody else dreading the inevitable Bucky x Cap fanfics that will be popping up soon. I have no problem with homosexuality, I just don't like couples being pooped out of no where, like Maria X Cap and Cap x Tony.
Hawkeye x Widow annoys me too :o

Huh...they've been pretty prevalent since...forever? Or at the very least, summer 2011 when the film came out...

I just dont see marvel going that route, remember there is no history between them like in the comics, i dont see marvel spending screen time to try to build up a romance between them, or even a random hook-up.

They won't put fan canons on screen but it still annoys me.

They won't put fan canons on screen but it still annoys me.
What Bucky/Steve fan fiction that exists is completely harmless in comparison to the character assassination Steve is subjected to in Steve/Tony slahsfic.

I'd be fine with this. But they'd need to introduce Mockingbird so that poor Clint isn't left in the dust.

Yep... But I was thinking maybe Mockingbird should be dead... Maybe her death is the reason for Hawkeye to save Black Widow...

I know many might disagree but she was dead in the comics for a very long time... So maybe that can be used in the films. If they ever decide to do a BLACK WIDOW origin story, maybe Hawkeye and Mockingbird get sent to kill BW, but Mockingbird persuades Hawkeye to keep Widow alive... And it's this decision that ultimately leads to Mockingbirds death. I think this would also put a little more gravitas to the whole "I OWE HIM A DEBT" speech she gives Loki.

And also if they ever do decide to go the Secret Invansion route in the films, the they can always re-introduce Mockingbird...

What Bucky/Steve fan fiction that exists is completely harmless in comparison to the character assassination Steve is subjected to in Steve/Tony slahsfic.

I'm starting to think Marvel will just make them gay :o

I'm also in the "no romance at all" camp for this film. The heart of this film should be Steve/Bucky, and I'd rather not see anything take focus away from that. If there has to be romance, though, then it should definitely be for Steve, this is his movie, after all. Shoehorning in a secondary romance between two supporting characters just sounds like a bad idea all around, IMO. Besides, I'd prefer to see Natasha remain independent and kickass, not to mention normal. There's enough serum enhanced people around now, I hope Marvel leaves her agelessness out of the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"