The Burton Films Batman and Batman Returns.

Hello! I'm new here... and Batman is my all time favorite comic book superhero... WHY? BECAUSE HE WAS THE MOST REALISTIC... and... THE DARKEST! My favorite villain of all time is Two-Face because of his split personality, attitude and gruesome cool look. Not to mention he was a District Attorney... I WISH I WAS THAT SMART! Anyways... Tim Burton's FILMS and Batman Begins WERE THE BEST BATMAN FILMS! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! In recent years... critics and fans have realised just how good a film BATMAN RETURNS WAS... imdb.com's rating of the film has increased dramatically... and critics who had canned it have changed their views when comparing such to Joel Schumacher. Now... onto Joel Schumacher. Has this guy ever directed a really good film? NOW... I didn't mind Batman Forvever... SURE... IT LOST MOST OF THE DARKNESS OF THE PREVIOUS TWO FILMS... Robin has always been annoying to me... and Tommy Lee Jones got Two-Face wrong (through no fault of his own... he was told to do that) but he did have the odd really good one-liner. Also... he looked cool as Two-Face... but he laughed way too much and didn't really show the grit, the seriousness and the true self-conflict of the real TWO-FACE IN THE COMIC BOOKS AND THE ANIMATED SERIES (THE GREATEST 2D ANIMATED SERIES EVER IF YOU ASK ME)!!! So it was okay... but it was a little corny, campy and childish... as well as rushed... nothing like the Tim Burton films. Jim Carrey was pretty cool as The Riddler though... he was perfect for that role... but the film wasn't AWESOME like the previous two... ok... not bad... but nowhere near as good! HOWEVER... JOEL SCHUMACHER DARN NEAR KILLED THE FRANCHISE WITH BATMAN & ROBIN... EVERYTHING THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN SAID ABOUT THIS MOVIE... WE ALL KNOW! IT SUCKED SO MUCH! GOD! I CANNOT EXPRESS THAT ENOUGH! I WAS SO ANNOYED WITH THIS MOVIE! Thank heavens for Batman Begins... and I know it has nothing to do with the other 4... but who'd want that after Batman & Robin? I look forward to the sequel... and look forward to the future Batman Movie with Harvey Dent/Two-Face as a force to be reckoned with! Thank You! For reading!:ghost:

I am 6' 3½" said:
Hello! I'm new here... and Batman is my all time favorite comic book superhero... WHY? BECAUSE HE WAS THE MOST REALISTIC... and... THE DARKEST! My favorite villain of all time is Two-Face because of his split personality, attitude and gruesome cool look. Not to mention he was a District Attorney... I WISH I WAS THAT SMART! Anyways... Tim Burton's FILMS and Batman Begins WERE THE BEST BATMAN FILMS! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! In recent years... critics and fans have realised just how good a film BATMAN RETURNS WAS... imdb.com's rating of the film has increased dramatically... and critics who had canned it have changed their views when comparing such to Joel Schumacher. Now... onto Joel Schumacher. Has this guy ever directed a really good film? NOW... I didn't mind Batman Forvever... SURE... IT LOST MOST OF THE DARKNESS OF THE PREVIOUS TWO FILMS... Robin has always been annoying to me... and Tommy Lee Jones got Two-Face wrong (through no fault of his own... he was told to do that) but he did have the odd really good one-liner. Also... he looked cool as Two-Face... but he laughed way too much and didn't really show the grit, the seriousness and the true self-conflict of the real TWO-FACE IN THE COMIC BOOKS AND THE ANIMATED SERIES (THE GREATEST 2D ANIMATED SERIES EVER IF YOU ASK ME)!!! So it was okay... but it was a little corny, campy and childish... as well as rushed... nothing like the Tim Burton films. Jim Carrey was pretty cool as The Riddler though... he was perfect for that role... but the film wasn't AWESOME like the previous two... ok... not bad... but nowhere near as good! HOWEVER... JOEL SCHUMACHER DARN NEAR KILLED THE FRANCHISE WITH BATMAN & ROBIN... EVERYTHING THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN SAID ABOUT THIS MOVIE... WE ALL KNOW! IT SUCKED SO MUCH! GOD! I CANNOT EXPRESS THAT ENOUGH! I WAS SO ANNOYED WITH THIS MOVIE! Thank heavens for Batman Begins... and I know it has nothing to do with the other 4... but who'd want that after Batman & Robin? I look forward to the sequel... and look forward to the future Batman Movie with Harvey Dent/Two-Face as a force to be reckoned with! Thank You! For reading!:ghost:

That's all you needed to put really.

the_joker said:
That's all you needed to put really.
Sorry about that... I just wanted to get you all to know me a little bit better... sorry!!!

I am 6' 3½" said:

Oh yes.

I finally got around to watching the commentary for the first one. I love this quote:

"It's hard to come up with a psychological profile for a guy in a little red outfit and green booties."

Classic. :up:

LOL, I love when Tim Burton did his impression of Jack Palance in the Batman '89 commentary. And at the end when he said "If you've made it through this commentary, I congratulate you." lol. :up:

have you heard they're re-releasing Nightmare Before Christmas this October, only it's going to be in 3D?

it makes me sad.

Yeah I heard about that, do you know if its going to be a nationwide release or just select cities?

selected theaters.
which, re-releasing it in 3D is lame enough, but then to not do it nationwide is even worse. **** you Disney. :down :(

I'll just stick to watching my DVD of it. Not in 3-D. Whats the point of releasing in 3-D??

I love Batman 89 and Batman Returns. I own all the Batman films, but of the 1989-97 anthology special editions I own only Tim Burton's versions.
So many good memories of 1989. The film, the merchandise, etc. I loved the dark tone, the Gotham city sets, peferably Anton Furst's Gotham City.
Michael Keaton was awesome. Jack Nicholson was a great Joker.Was it perfect? no.
I really didn't like Vicki Vale going to The Batcave. Like samm Hamm said in the SE DVD. " I would have fired Alfred." I just didn't care that and that The Joker was really The Waynes killer.
I know that Burton had his vision for it and wanted it.
But all in all Batman 89 and Batman Returns are my favorate movies. I love Batman Begins, but Batman 89 really is an old sentimental favoate.
Thanks Tim Burton for the memories!

Batattack said:
LOL, I love when Tim Burton did his impression of Jack Palance in the Batman '89 commentary. And at the end when he said "If you've made it through this commentary, I congratulate you." lol. :up:

"I've been in over 100 movies. How many have you done?" I almost died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"