The Bush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly Goodhead said:
I hate buttering corn, its sexual.

You've made me hate Corn on the Cob with Tacos... you evil "pretend" She Beast. ;)

TheSlag said:
Oh my God... it's an english Teacher... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!! :rolleyes:

wow. Pathetic.

Yes, when people mention grammar in an internet forum that is kinda sad. . .

Holly Goodhead said:
I wonder what Mirkos approval/disapproval rating is.

LUUUUCCYYYYYY... YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DOOOOO ;)

Admiral_N8 said:

Yep. :up: Ohhh *gasp*... excuse me. Where is my grammar at?

*ahem*

Yes.

:D

Well, it's been fun guys, but all the "taco" talk (NOT the corn of the Cob She Beast ;) ) is making me hungry... So I'm off to bed. Work comes early too.

Admiral_N8 said:

No, what's sad is that people think an internet forum excuses poor english. Considering how much time most of us spend on here, we are all communicating through the internet to a significant degree. That some would communicate so poorly is a reflection of their cognitive capacities; it makes you look like an ignoramus.

TheSlag said:
Well, it's been fun guys, but all the "taco" talk (NOT the corn of the Cob She Beast ;) ) is making me hungry... So I'm off to bed. Work comes early too.

You go to sleep when you're hungry
:confused:

Sandman138 said:
No, what's sad is that people think an internet forum excuses poor english. Considering how much time most of us spend on here, we are all communicating through the internet to a significant degree. That some would communicate so poorly is a reflection of their cognitive capacities; it makes you look like an ignoramus.

Maybe, but nitpicking at their grammar is silly.

Yeah, the subtext of that last post really didn't help his "I'm not gay" argument.

Admiral_N8 said:
Maybe, but nitpicking at their grammar is silly.

Not when somebody insinuates that you are an idiot, and lacks the syntactic skill to form a complete sentance. Then it's just about understanding irony.

Bush job approval among Republicans:68% (lowest yet for Bush in Gallup Poll)

Bush job approval among Democrats:4% (lowest for any President ever)

Bush job approval among independants:26%

Bush job approval among Conservatives:52%

Bush job approval among moderates:28%

Bush job approval among liberals:7%

All according to the newest Gallup Poll.

Sandman138 said:

Well said. :up:

Calendar Man said:
USATODAY.com - Bush approval rating hits new low

Bush is a competetive guy. 9 points lower and he becomes the lowest rated president since Gallup started taking polls in the 1940s. He is only 3 points away from the highest ever disapproval...68%.

This is the end....beautiful friend...the end.

I find it interesting that all the lefties are still trying to beat Bush, despite the fact that he can't run for office again.

It's as though you guys will take anything and interpret it as a win.

Sandman138 said:
Not when somebody insinuates that you are an idiot, and lacks the syntactic skill to form a complete sentance. Then it's just about understanding irony.

Or the ability to spell the word "sentence". ;) :p

george bush does a good job at licking my balls.

War Lord said:
I find it interesting that all the lefties are still trying to beat Bush, despite the fact that he can't run for office again.

lol I didn't conduct the poll. If you don't like the results talk to USA Today and Gallup about it. They usually give Bush his highest ratings.

Calendar Man said:
lol I didn't conduct the poll. If you don't like the results talk to USA Today and Gallup about it. They usually give Bush his highest ratings.

You might not have conducted the poll, but you're the one who brought it up here on the Hype, as if the poll results of a president who is retiring really matters.

War Lord said:
You might not have conducted the poll, but you're the one who brought it up here on the Hype, as if the poll results of a president who is retiring really matters.

Free speech...and as far as I know he still has two years in office. If Kerry was in office now I know you would post every negative poll conducted regarding him.

Calendar Man said:
Free speech...and as far as I know he still has two years in office. If Kerry was in office now I know you would post every negative poll conducted regarding him.

Actually, no. I've never said anything negative about Kerry and I've never posted polls. I rely on my understanding of the world of what works and does not work and then I try an create a sound arguement to support my case.

You're welcome to say anything negative about Bush you want, if that makes you feel better. However, saying negative things about a guy, who's on his way out, seems like a waste of time to me.

I think The Slag hit a new low in this thread.

War Lord said:

I wouldn't call anything about Bush's reign -including these unsurprising new approval ratings- a "win" for anybody.
I consider myself much more of a conservative than a "leftie" but there's no way I could have voted for a guy that I distrusted from the first time I saw his face. Those weird affectations, the suppressed smirk.. I feel the same way about Judge Roy Moore (what a complete embarrassment he is)and HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy, yet somehow they both hold onto a lot of supporters.
It's like the movie "They Live" and I'm the only one wearing the glasses.

Nothing to do with Bush's political affiliation, or even his many excercises of poor judgment. I just find him disturbing.

Admiral_N8 said:

Bad Grammar and horrible spelling really bother me alot regardless of where it is.

Godzilla2000 said:
Bad Grammar and horrible spelling really bother me alot regardless of where it is.
Same here. But it's really become epidemic, or at least much more apparent since the Internet took off.

And our current President doesn't exactly set a good example either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"