The Winter Soldier The CA:TWS Teaser Trailer (10/24/13) Thread

Isildur´s Heir;27099853 said:
- Black Widow. Honestly, i like Scarlett but, imo, she doesn't do a great job as BW, she does a serviceable job at best. But that is not even the problem, the problem is that the second Cap movie should about Cap alone, and not with a "sidekick".
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't been impressed with ScarJo as BW. She always seems incapable of looking anything other than confused or bored. (The shot in the trailer of her looking back with a scared look on her face does give me some sliver of hope this time around though).

Isildur´s Heir;27100493 said:
I agree, i'm glad i'm not in search.
Who wants a Captain America with Captain America? :huh:
The idea alone is preposterous...
I go to see a Captain America so i see Chris Evans running around

Don't you know that Chris Evans' contract states that his face must be seen at least 99% of the time? Most directors go for 100% just to be sure. :word:

I, for one, am just really glad that we're getting a good/great on-screen interpretation of the powers and abilities of these heroes. I'll take that over getting a comic-faithful adaptation of Falcon's or Cap's costumes (although Falcon's was inspired by his military Ultimates look and Cap's Commander Rogers uniform is canonical).

I honestly don't know if a costume like Falcon's can come straight from the comics to the screen in a literal interpretation. I won't mind in future movies if he added some color to even just his wings, but the whole garish red-white spandex look will need a well thought out construction I think.

Crossbones, I'm almost certain, we saw some information from a costume designer in the movie that he will have his costume. Whether that includes his mask will remain to be seen.

I was shocked they actually made the Falcon look like a bad ash.

Had to give it a 6.Maybe a bit harsh,but little of it really got me excited about the film.

Cap being maskless virtually the entire time/The lousy gray costume.(I want to see Captain America,not Steve Rodgers: Agent of SHIELD.)

Falcon's costume being underwhelming.

No villain shots of Crossbones/Batroc.(Although I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up that they will be in costume at all)

Winter Soldier looked cool,and I liked the opening gag about the barber shop quartet.

I'm sure there's some better stuff in the actual film,but I'll be honest,what I saw just didn't do it for me.
Steve Rogers IS Captain America. Therefore, a movie with Steve Rogers IS a Captain America movie. That's another complaint that irritates me.

Yes he is. The costume is not what makes him a hero. Sorry, but that just ludicrous. Also, he's in costume in the trailer more than he's out of costume.

Not if he never appears fully in costume,it's not.

But it's clear from the trailer that he does appear in his full costume.

Besides, I agree with Loki; Steve Rogers is Captain America. It's about the man inside the costume, not the costume itself.

But the point is,I want to see Steve AS Captain America,not looking like a common SHIELD agent!

That's like having a Superman tv series where he does everything as Clark Kent and never puts....on... the......

Nevermind.:oldrazz:

Steve Rogers IS Captain America. Therefore, a movie with Steve Rogers IS a Captain America movie. That's another complaint that irritates me.

That's not how it works in the comics... Steve Rogers has been many other superheroes besides Captain America... he purposely stopped being Captain America and doned other suits before. He said himself at those time that he was no longer Captain America... he's only Captain America when he's wearing the Cap suit, and there have been other people who have been Captain America.

You think he sits at home and watches TV and goes to Starbucks wearing his Captain America outfit?!

You think he sits at home and watches TV and goes to Starbucks wearing his Captain America outfit?!

And when Steve takes the suit off to shower or go to bed he is suddenly not Captain America.

But if someone else put the suit on, he would suddenly become Captain America. No matter who it was. If, say, Logan decided to don the stars & stripes he'd become Captain America even though he's Canadian. That's because it's all in the suit. The suit is magic! :cwink:

I get the feeling people don't want good story and characterization, they just want a guy in tights punching **** for two hours.

No, he'd be Captain Canada.

captain-canada.jpg

I thought those might be flashbacks to WWII.Isn't he wearing the WWII costume in those scenes?

Nope...he's fighting modern day shield strike team members in those scene. Evidently he goes back to his old uniform in the movie,
steals it from the Smithsonian
. I'm gonna guess it it's either disenfranchisement with shield or to get at Bucky...or both

Nope...he's fighting modern day shield strike team members in those scene. Evidently he goes back to his old uniform in the movie,
steals it from the Smithsonian
. I'm gonna guess it it's either disenfranchisement with shield or to get at Bucky...or both

OK.That,I'd be OK with.As long as Steve embraces the Stars & Stripes again at some point in the movie.

Again,I don't think the film will be bad,I just didn't feel too enthusiastic by the trailer.

Enjoyed the trailer quite a bit, Cap's new suit looks really cool and the CGI looked really good considering how far we are from the release date. Definitely seems like a step up from TFA, but idunno, it feels a bit like a standard super hero movie to me, nothing really stood out other then maybe the Winter Soldier himself, but we shall see come release day.

Finally got around to seeing the trailer. Awesome trailer and it makes TWS look way better than TFA!

The shot of Bucky - er, I mean Winter Soldier (heh) - catching the shield was simply awesome & bad-ash. I do kinda want to know how that scene plays out in the movie though - will he throw the shield back at Cap? Or just drop it on the ground? Or take it with him?

Bucky looks like the most bad-ash CBM villain so far btw. I can't say how much I'm looking forward to seeing him duel against Cap!

Enjoyed the trailer quite a bit, Cap's new suit looks really cool and the CGI looked really good considering how far we are from the release date. Definitely seems like a step up from TFA, but idunno, it feels a bit like a standard super hero movie to me, nothing really stood out other then maybe the Winter Soldier himself, but we shall see come release day.
It doesn't really feel superhero at all to me. It feels much more like a spy thriller that happens to have people in exotic costumes in it.

The trailer totally feels like a superhero movie to me because it feels like what we will be getting is a Captain America movie. It would seem to fall well within the lines of what the Cap book has been and the type of action and issues tackled in classic Cap stories going at least as far back as the early to mid 1970's. Those stories were always socio-politico/techno spy thrillers. J.M., Mark G. and others always knew what sort of stories best suit Cap. Looks to me that the Russo Bros. do too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"