The CA:TWS Teaser Trailer (10/24/13) Thread

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by spideymouse, Oct 24, 2013.

?

Rate the first Captain America trailer!

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

I noticed a distinct lack of CapWolf in the preview. I thought Marvel was supposed to be taking these things seriously?

2. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

:lmao: Yeah... I have to give Mark G. a mulligan on that. But it's better than the threatened "Sex Change" Cap from another cover during that period.

Thankfully, with J.J.J.'s son owned by SONY we won't be seeing any Cap vs. Man-Wolf stories any time soon.

3. Whiskey Tango

4. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Well-Known Member

5. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

Just saw the extended trailer for Cap before the Thor 3D... wow... I'm going again just to see that...

6. Whiskey Tango

This link is busted. It was in at least one of the other threads too.

7. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

What new footage did it show?

8. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Well I can say, the one scene they showed in that 5 minute preview of Cap 2 was better than the entire Thor movie. Not that I didn't like Thor, it was aight, but Cap 2 is just on a completely other level and you can tell. The preview showed more scenes than the official trailer they released a couple weeks ago as well as our first look at Sharon briefly. Dem sound effects on Winter Soldier's arm. That movie is gonna be special as ****. Even the 3D looks great and I hat 3D.

9. Mr. Dent

It showed the complete elevator fight scene. We got our first look at Sharon Carter very briefly. It showed one quick extra scene of Falcon flying. We had one extra BW scene. There was a shot of Winter Soldier picking up Cap's shield at the end.

You just gotta see it. The **** is awesome. I have no doubt in my mind that Cap 2 is going to be the best movie Marvel has made up to this point (...and GOTG will probably promptly out do it. :oldrazz:)

10. ThePowerCosmic

Was Cap's fighting in the elevator better than what we've seen him do before? Like a clear step up in his hand-to-hand combat skills? C'mon, Dent. Not enough details.

11. KRYPTON INC.

Yeah, I really want Bourne type mano y mano stuff with a little really flashy acrobatic styles combat. The previous outings with Cap were ok, but way too much obvious looking wire-fu.

12. Mr. Dent

Well the elevator scene wasn't the best venue for judging that since it was very close quarter and Cap was hampered a lot of it to where he couldn't move well. I will say that it was a very brutal fight with Cap slamming guys into elevator glass with his bare hands and literally kicking the **** out of guys when they try and pin him to a wall with a magnet cuff. The atmosphere was also great and I can already see the Russo's will be masterful at interweaving comedy into it without impeding on the serious tone. Rumlow says "it's nothing personal" as he proceeds to hit Cap with some electric knife and after Cap slams him into the top of the elevator he says "it sure does feel personal" as he flips up his shield. That killed the audience.

Anyway, while the elevator scene isn't a good way to judge his movements, we did see some very brief glimpses of scenes that show how they've changed how Cap moves. I think one of them was at that ship carrier and we see Cap jump over a stairwell and start cutting guys down and they showed a scene of him flipping while fighting someone. You can clearly tell just from those two really brief scenes that they've made him much more agile, nimble, and fluent in his movement,.

13. KRYPTON INC.

This all sounds good to me.

14. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

It has been confirmed that they have really improved cap's general awesomeness this time around.

but yeah, i agree, details on the elevator scene! :p

15. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Evans said something about after playing the Sega Cap game(with it's awesome intro) it was one of the first things he mentioned to the producers.

Here's hoping they actually did it.
    The action in the previous films was an apologists dream.

16. ThePowerCosmic

I agree, wire-fu is a good way to put it.

Thanks, Dent. Sounds great.

17. Mr. Dent

We see a shot of the Triskelion and an elevator going up it. We go inside and see Cap getting in it. Rumlow gets in acting normally and greets Cap. More and more people start getting in and Cap notices a guy hovering over his gun holster and a guy sweating. Jack Rollins gets in and at that point you get the "does anyone wanna get out" line and you have the fight scene started. After Rollins misses the stab they try and cuff Cap to the wall with a magnet hand cuff or something. Cap fights it off and starts slamming guys all over the place. They eventually manage to cuff him and Cap starts kicking people until he gets his hand free. Rumlow is the last guy standing, says "it's nothing personal", and pulls out two electric knives and attacks Cap. Cap eventually slams him to the top of the elevator. He kicks up the shield and says "it sure feels personal" and then it transitions to the trailer where we got a bit more scenes than what was shown in the one released a couple weeks ago.

18. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the description! Sounds pretty damn cool!

19. KRYPTON INC.

This keeps gettin' better an' better. :woot:

I have always felt Cap was THE badass of Marvel heroes, while also being one of the most upright and thoughtful ones as well. Those things can coexist in the same person. Put Cap up against your Cable's, Deadpools and Logan's of the MU and I'd put my money on the Sentinel of Liberty to take it 9 falls out of 10 for each of them. :word:

20. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Thanks for the description. Since I brought the tickets to see Thor in 2D tomorrow, I can't see this footage, but it seems like it's really awesome. The more I read about the unnecessary comedy and that Intern guy in TDW, the more pessimistic I felt about the movie I'm going to see tomorrow, and I hope TWS will not fall into the same mistake that Thor 2 has made.

Btw, I usually get tired watching the same trailer over and over, but this teaser trailer seems to get better every time. I hope the movie will be equally as good, and I have a feeling that it will be one of the very best movies Marvel has ever produced.

21. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I saw the whole scene PowerCosmic. The answer is yes. Cap takes on and beats up a whole elevator full of mooks by himself in a very enclosed space.

Cap gets in first. Then Brock Rumlow comes in and asks Cap if he needs any help. A bunch of mooks come in and start crowding the elevator. Cap smells a rat and realizes something is off. They all go after Cap and have tazers and try to shackle him. Cap systematically fights them all off and eats a lot of the tazer blows. Eventually it is just him and Rumlow. Rumlow says, "It's nothing personal." Cap says, "It sure feels personal" and he finishes Rumlow off and knocks him out. Then he flips up the shield with his foot. It's an impressive scene and hows strong and formidable Cap is.

This is the Super Soldier we never saw in two other movies previously.

22. ThePowerCosmic

Wow, now that's what I wanted to hear! :wow:

Thanks for your input, Vile.

23. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

Yep, everything that Dent and the others are saying, but everyone seems to be forgetting the quick shot of Cap charging at winter Soldier, and doing a massive side flip and landing a side kick right on Winter Soldiers face.... and it's a real, no effects move, no wire work for that shot. The stunt guy is just that good. :)

24. captainrogers

captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

I was about to mention that!
    I let out an audible "NICE!" upon seeing that.
    :yay:

25. Whiskey Tango

I hope someone out there tapes and youtubes this thing.