The Winter Soldier The CA:TWS Teaser Trailer (10/24/13) Thread

:csad:

I guess comparisons to the other Marvel movies is inevitable… Although lately, it feels like I stumbled into the IM forums.

IM3 is the most recent solo film, and st film in phase 2. Since Cap 2 is an extension of the MCU and another Phase 2 film, it is only natural the most recent film will be heavily discussed here as well (in 2 weeks, I expect a lot of TDW talk here).

I am assuming this is from right after the scene in the trailer in which Cap kicks the crap out of people in the elevator. In which case, awesome.

Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-elevator-550x343.jpg

Awww he looks so cute and innocent in that pic. :hrt:

The trailer blew me away. It was WAY better than I was expecting. I honestly think it's the best trailer of any Marvel movie to date, with the possible exception of the Avengers trailer.

I've just finished the trailer again, and I have a feeling I am going to love this movie. This seems more in line with my own take on Cap. He's the BADASS of the MARVEL U, in my opinion. There is no false bravado in the man. If Cap thinks he can do it, he probably CAN do it. That elevator scene reminds me of my favorite panels from the (somewhat controversial) CIVIL WAR. Like it or not, that scene where Cap takes on a squad of SHIELD troopers is just what I think would happen if a SWAT like platoon of guys went up against the Sentinel Of Liberty. But Evans, since the first movie (what ever you may think of it) has also nailed this character. He is the Chris Reeve of Caps. HIs body language and his voice ooze the core of what Steve Rogers is. I am sooo excited for this thing.

I've got to admit when these directors where hired I was worried for this film. It seemed like Captain America was something of an after thought to Marvel. Especially as the first film was pretty average.
After seeing that trailer I'm completely blown away. It looks 1000 times better than I anticipated.

Action looks good, but I think the idea of an intelligent, complex spy thriller went out the window. Once again they show a major building/craft blow up in the teaser as if the movie can't sell itself any other way. Just another bloated comicbook film. Looks entertaining, but too overthetop for Cap. I'm gonna wait on the reviews.

Don't know why anyone would want Captain America to be a complexed spy movie. This isn't "tinker tailor soldier spy". One thing I love about the Marvel movies is that there not afraid to be comic book movies at there core. Unlike the dark knight movies that got a bit too serious and realistic towards the end of its trilogy.

Precisely. They can call me a troll if they want but it's my honest opinion. Marvel Studios has typically played it safe when arriving to the material of their films. For example, Thor and Captain America: TFA felt so bland and hallow. That said, I still loved Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and The Avengers.

Me too. I am beyond ecstatic that Captain America: TWS appears to have an identity of its own. Thor: TDW has taken a nice approach but good lord does that film look like a low-budget tv show.

I can't imagine that anyone has ever called you that... :woot:

9/10 for me(gotta leave room for trailer #2 to do better, right? ;)), but man was that awesome! But then, this is a MCU movie so it's not like I expected anything less. Cap's first film I loved and is probably in my top 5 superhero films of all time. This looks like it could even be better which is a high bar to meet. This is tied with Hobbit 3 as my most anticipated of 2014 with GOTG just a smidge lower at #3.

Also, 10 miilion + views in less than 2 days? Not too shabby.

Last edited:
Mjölnir;27088785 said:
I can't imagine that anyone has ever called you that... :woot:

:funny:

Be honest though, other than Asgard's gorgeous scenes, you don't get a 300 vibe to TDW? The scenery and cinematography looks so vapid and devoid of imagination.

So, I'm guessing by "low budget TV show", you mean Game of Thrones? And saying "aside from Asgard" is just hilarious.

:funny:

Be honest though, other than Asgard's gorgeous scenes, you don't get a 300 vibe to TDW? The scenery and cinematography looks so vapid and devoid of imagination.

Not really. I liked some London shots (both in themselves and for not being the standard US city environment), for example, but I can't really say too much about it as I've avoided most footage from the movie this far (I've seen nothing but two trailers, which had several unfinished shots) to actually get a proper movie experience for once.

300 was a bit of a surprising choice of comparison as it's often mentioned as a movie that has lots of style but little else. I can't say that they seem very similar to me, but perhaps you're referring to some specific detail that I'm forgetting?

And about low budget I'd say that would cause quality of effects, props, costumes, sets, locations etc to suffer more than cinematography. From what I've seen this far I'd say that big budget shows like Rome or GoT would have loved to look like T:TDW (within the respective styles of course).

Yes, I don't know how anyone can see TDW cinematography and think that it looks like a TV show, let alone a low-budget one. The shots of London are really good, Asgard looks gorgeous, the effects look amazing, the shots of Thor/Loki walking are well done, etc.

Yes, I don't know how anyone can see TDW cinematography and think that it looks like a TV show, let alone a low-budget one. The shots of London are really good, Asgard looks gorgeous, the effects look amazing, the shots of Thor/Loki walking are well done, etc.

I'm holding out final judgment until I see the movie on the big screen. Too many times, my shoddy basic cable and small computer screen doesn't do justice to the overall look of a movie.

That being said, I… would not be unhappy if Marvel decided to hire the CA:TWS DP for future Marvel movies. The photography for this film looks phenomenal, even with my crappy viewing methods.

TDW has absolutely nothing in common with 300 whatsoever. I smell a
C7KCm9T.png

IMO this looks to be the best film that marvel has produced so far. Hope it delivers.

Two words
DAT TRAILER!

I especially loved that(with two very minor exceptions) they didn't show the face/mask of The Winter Soldier till the very last shot. Just fantastic.

I've got to admit when these directors where hired I was worried for this film. It seemed like Captain America was something of an after thought to Marvel. Especially as the first film was pretty average.
After seeing that trailer I'm completely blown away. It looks 1000 times better than I anticipated.

Trailers can be deceiving though.

Trailer was awesome. I loved TFA it's easily one of my favourite superhero movies of all time and this one looks even better. 2014 just keeps getting better and better movie wise!!

Trailer was awesome. I loved TFA it's easily one of my favourite superhero movies of all time and this one looks even better. 2014 just keeps getting better and better movie wise!!

Guys, cut the crap and the arguing over runtime of TDW and who has been called a troll, etc. I told people on the GotG forum that I would infract them if this persisted, and if this stupid discussion is going to hijack threads HERE too, then I will expand that to encompass all the Marvel Studios based forums.

So, once again. Cut out this stupid argument on TDW's runtime (at least, outside of Thor's forum) and furthermore, stop debating on why someone has been labeled a troll in other forums based off that discussion. If this continues, I am handing out punishements.

Thank you. Good day. and remember Thor's runtime has NOTHING to do with the Cap 2 trailer, or Captain America: The Winter Soldier. That sounds like a Thor: The Dark World issue. And that has a forum!!! YAY!!!!

Last edited:
I'm pretty impressed...I had low expectations going in, but the trailer gave me enough to look forward to...the 70's political thriller/80's low budget action flick nicely distinguishes it from rest of comic book industry pack. I haven't seen The Wolverine and have no interest in seeing Thor Dark World, but the writers seem to have put enough thought into this one. It looks better than Iron Man 2/3 and maybe Captain America surpass Man of Steel in quality (not expecting ticket sales). The trailer emphasizes Cap's innocence and integrity, but I'd like to see him deliver more meaningful dialogue. I give the trailer an 8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"