The Caity Lotz/Black Canary Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by dsfjr1190, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsfjr1190 Registered

2. Loki882 Registered

She's Sarah Lance, Laure's supposedly dead little sister who had an affair with Oliver (the president of CW just announced it). Her and Oliver meeting again under these circumstances is going to be fun to see.

3. carrrnuttt Registered

4. carrrnuttt Registered

I just read on her bio that she also does parkour. Physically, she's basically perfect for this role.

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]
    *Sarah from the Pilot*

I wonder if it'll just be one of those regular recasting routines where they don't really explain the difference in her appearance like how they did for example with Bruce Banner from Edward to Mark.

6. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Yeah I wonder about that as well herolee10.

The original actress looks way better to be honest but it could have been that she did not have the physical skills which Caity seems to have.

7. Loki882 Registered

They both look hot to me. Maybe they recast because they wanted an older actress who could pull off the actions scenes. Also, it could serve to make the main characters not suspect who she really is, since she looks different from how they remember her.

8. dsfjr1190 Registered

Has it been confirmed that she's playing Sarah? All of the sources I've seen just said she was playing Laurel's sister. Maybe there's another sister out there somewhere.

9. Donut Registered

I guess Sarah could have got a face change. Which would explain the new actress

10. Loki882 Registered

I believe that the president of CW mentioned Sarah by name.

11. Frico The Man Without Fear

The original quote:
    No direct mention Sarah. Another sister possibly? Dun dun dun!

12. dsfjr1190 Registered

We'll see how Caity does in her performance tonight. I have high hopes for her.

13. Saitou Hajime Registered

As I mentioned in the episode thread, she reminded me a lot of modern Bobbi Morse in terms of the hair, costume, weapons, and fighting style.

14. p4poetic Registered

I hope they do something to make her look somewhat different from China White.

15. herolee10 No More Miracles

Honestly, if this portrayal of Canary turns out to be good, I hope they keep her and ditch Laurel, because I have yet to see one thing about her that really makes her an interesting/likable character on the show.

I don't blame the character so much as I do the writers because they've fallen into the same trap that the creators of Smallville had when doing Lana's character.

16. Nathan Registered

That's how I feel too. If Caity Lotz turns out to be great, keep her around and ditch the Laurel turning into Canary plot line.

17. Loki882 Registered

That's not going to happen. I think that she looked quite good. The light hair contrasts nicely with her black outfit. I am really looking forward to when Oliver and Laurel find out who she REALLY is, that should be fun.

18. Nathan Registered

They made a lot of changes as they went along. Like making Felicity a main cast member, after Emily impressed them. Or introducing Manu Bennett as the real Slade and turning him into one of Ollie's teachers, and killing off Yao Fei early. So if Caity Lotz rocks their socks off, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep her around.

19. Loki882 Registered

I can see them keeping her around, but I think that the whole "Laurel becomes Black Canary" is something that they're not going to drop.

20. Nathan Registered

Then they need to finally start to make her character likable. Because right now I wouldn't care if she got shanked and dropped in a ditch.

21. Bathead The Oldest Geek

A couple of questions I have. Was the "Laurel becomes Canary" storyline officially confirmed? Has anything been mentioned about her Shout?

22. regnak Registered

Someone sent me E online spoilers about that today
    William: Please, please, please tell me I will get to see Katie Cassidy don the Black Canary outfit by season's end on Arrow? And what about Roy becoming Speedy?!
    Arrow may just shock you by having both of these things happen sooner than you'd expect. "I think as always with these things, I think we surprise people with how fast get to things," boss Andrew Kreisberg hints to us. "If it's a great idea, our instinct is always to pull it forward and figure out the repercussions of it afterwards. If it's a great idea, why wait?"

23. Loki882 Registered

Well, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly things played out in season 1. If this were Smallville, then Diggle learning Oliver's identity would have been dragged out for three or four seasons. Felicity would have been made to look like an idiot by contriving ways to delay her finding out etc. Arrow didn't do that, which is nice.

24. herolee10 No More Miracles

Indeed; well that and Arrow doesn't have a certain "endpoint" that they have to really worry about preventing for as long as possible since Smallville was going to be over the moment Clark officially became Superman, and business wise, the creators wanted to keep the show going on as long as possible so that they could have jobs still, and even tried to introduce elements that would stall Clark and yet be able to branch out to different shows possibly (Green Arrow, Supergirl).

The creators of Arrow seem to be more focused on trying to tell the best story that they can rather than stalling things for as long as they can, which is a good thing.

25. Loki882 Registered

Clark not wearing the costume wasn't my problem. It was stuff like dragging out Lana learning his secret way too long, or how many ridiculously contrived situations were used to keep Lois from finding out and making her look like an idiot in the process. That's the kind of stuff that annoyed me. By contrast, Diggle found out in episode 3, Felicity by mid-season, Tommy by episode 16, and I think that Laurel, Thea, and maybe even Roy will know by the end of this season. Moira might already suspect something, but I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.