Arrow The Caity Lotz/Black Canary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrow continues a very irritating trend started on Smallville. We had fake Supergirl, fake Jimmy Olsen and then fake Cat Grant before being introduced to their comic book counterparts. it's only taken Arrow just over a season to give us fake Merlin, fake Deathstroke and fake Black Canary. WHY????

I would be happy to see her become real Black Canary, seeing that the actress has a background in martial arts and going off of Mad Men and the two indie films she's done recently she can act.

But no, she's probably going to die tragically so Katie Cassidy can non-emote over her body and then take up her mantle. Yeah... not interested.

Fake Supergirl? :huh:

I would be happy to see her become real Black Canary, seeing that the actress has a background in martial arts and going off of Mad Men and the two indie films she's done recently she can act.

But no, she's probably going to die tragically so Katie Cassidy can non-emote over her body and then take up her mantle. Yeah... not interested.

Lol, harsh man (but true).

Fake Supergirl? :huh:

Remember in Season 3's finale of Smallville, on how there was a young Blonde Woman (I think the actress that played her is the same one that played Wonder Woman on that failed Live action pilot and who was also in GI Joe 2) that came to Clark and offered to take him back to his father inside the Kawatche Caves and said her name was Kara.

Remember in Season 3's finale of Smallville, on how there was a young Blonde Woman (I think the actress that played her is the same one that played Wonder Woman on that failed Live action pilot and who was also in GI Joe 2) that came to Clark and offered to take him back to his father inside the Kawatche Caves and said her name was Kara.

Yep. She was kinda brainwashed by Jor-El and was even given powers by him.

Who is fake Merlin? :huh:
Tommy Merlin. You could see they were toyng with the idea of going the Lex/Clark Smallville route and they abandoned a few episode later to introduce his father. His days weren't quite numbered then but him and Laurel both haven't cut the mustard. They made mistakes with the casting for the pilot, messed with characters trying to make Dinah Laurel Lance Rachel Dawes, Tommy Lex MKII and have been writing themselves into holes. Should have just recast Cassidy for season 2. Then she really could have been this shows Rachel Dawes.

Um, Malcolm was clearly in the cards from the beginning. He's not a villain that they just threw together at the last minute. Also, the Tommy/Oliver relationship was an obvious case of subverting the audiences expectations, they did that several times in season 1. A lot of people THOUGHT that Tommy would become a villain, then they turned those expectations on their head by having Tommy die heroically, which shocked a lot of people. That was quite clever/ballsy of them.

^Could it be that they were only doing that to throw us off?

I see now. I don't remember pre season 7 Smallville very much.

Last edited:
Eh, I very much doubt that Tommy was ever intended or was presented as being the Dark Archer. Malcolm Merlyn trained in Nanda Parbat. Tommy Merlyn got rolled over whenever he and Oliver came to blows. That poor guy had no chance at all.

Actually, the same problems with Tommy had with becoming the Dark Archer (totally untrained civilian completely outmatched by Oliver) apply to Laurel Lance when becoming the Black Canary. Oliver, and probably Sara, picked up their master level skills over five year of hardship and violence. Laurel, on the other hand, is a barely trained civilian who has never whipped out her "I'm a badass" hat without failing miserably. It's going to hard to buy it if, for example, Sara gives Laurel a martial arts crash course over a season, dies, and then Laurel picks up where she left off less four plus years of training and experience.

Last edited:
I am happy that Tommy is gone; he became quite annoying in the later part of the show. Sure, I understood he was jealous of Ollie and Laurel, but, his histrionics became repetitive. Now, I am looking forward to Malcolm returning...

No, I actually thought he handled it quite believably. EVERYONE was lying to him the whole damn season. The fact that he didn't go completely over the edge speaks highly of him. And he died to save the woman he loved, he really was one of the best characters on the show. As for Malcolm being trained in Nanda Parbat, that could be a connection to the League of Assassins, which have been heavily hinted to appear.

I really liked Tommy. I didn't care much for him at first, but he grew to be one of the most likeable characters on the show.

Yeah, tommy was cool, but I wish he didn't die so that Ollie would still kill people.
Thanks Tommy, thanks a lot :)

I really hope they kill off Laurel, she's the worst part of the show.

It'd be nice if they gave her something interesting to do that wasn't romance related. Roy is getting actual stuff to do this season, Felicity is now Oliver's version of Q, Quentin is a pseudo-Gordon to GA, and even Thea now runs a business. Laurel seems to be the odd-character out.

Not really. She's an ADA now. Her storyline will revolve around trying to arrest Oliver.

And speaking of Roy: I don't remember Colton Haynes being such a terrible actor last season. I know we're only one episode in, but what the heck happened?

I thought that his acting actually improved. Not surprising considering that he's finally getting something interesting to do.

I thought he was easily the worst of the bunch. However, I've noticed that some of the actors on this show are consistently inconsistent when it comes to delivering good performances, so it's quite possible he'll be better in episode two. We'll see.

GEmDgbs.jpg

8GTUCEk.jpg

6QTsAZA.jpg

rGTIfI8.jpg

I haven't seen her speak or act yet, and I already like her more than Laurel.lol

That mask... get with the program, Ollie.

That mask... get with the program, Ollie.

Heck, I'm still waiting for him to use some form of body armor as well for his outfit.lol

I mean you'd think that he'd at least wear a bullet proof vest that he could slide underneath his green jacket.

I imagine his look might evolve over the years. I doubt he'll always have this same look, if the series could potentially last as long as Supernatural or Smallville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"