The Caity Lotz/Black Canary Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by dsfjr1190, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Registered

I won't say I'll drop the show, but when Laurel becomes Canary, I'll look a lot less forward to each new Episode.

Is it wrong that I actually look forward to Laurel being tortured?

2. Loki882 Registered

Yes, it is.

3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Since the Clocktower may foreshadow the Birds of Prey, I can see Huntress returning to join the group. I wonder if they will bring in Oracle Barbara Gordon or that Felicity will run that group as separate from Oliver.

Yes, I am also looking forward to Dinah Laurel being tortured in this week's episode.

4. Rorschach2012 Hi Freeze, I’m Batman

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. No.

5. Rorschach2012 Hi Freeze, I’m Batman

Felicity is basically Oracle, I can see them just replacing Barb with her. It's not the B.O.P i want to see, but I can live with it. Mostly because i like the actress that plays Felicity more than any other female character on the show. It also helps that she's attractive.

Felicity>Laurel

6. Loki882 Registered

They could always introduce Zinda Blake (Lady Blackhawk) and have her join BOP as well. I believe that there was a Blackhawks reference in season 1.

7. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

If by reference you mean an entire episode about it, then yeah :oldrazz:

8. Loki882 Registered

The point still stands. Bring on Zinda.

9. DrRocket Registered

Well I won't stop watching the show if she becomes BC I will always think its stupid.... Lets hope she turns into a doll.

10. Saitou Hajime Registered

[YT]ByUjzVXiCK4[/YT]

This better not be some cheat where only Ollie gets to know her identity and the audience is left hanging for a while. It's also interesting that BC implies that she's known who he was for a while.

11. DrRocket Registered

Yeah, it looks like Ollie relises it's Sara when he takes off the
    Mask, I guess that's why she says " let it sink in for a minute". I will miss her if she gets killed off, caity lotz was awesome in this episode.

12. Coconut1214 Registered

I actually think having this Canary around is a better and deeper storyline for Green Arrow then Laurel the whiny ex. Oliver's finally in a good place, he's made peace with himself and is trying to find another way to be a hero. Then BAM! he finds out who the Black Canary is.

So all that guilt he felt will come rushing back. he'll blame himself for what happened to her. She's not just a killer she's an assassin. Her story connects to a lot of other people that will be in Oliver's life or were already part of it. While Laurel is nothing but a love interest.

13. Nathan Registered

They even already introduced Sin on the show. Who hangs out with Black Canary like in the comics. Keep Lotz in the black leather, don't try to mold Laurel into the next Black Canary.

14. Loki882 Registered

Yes, it looks like BC was trained/involved with the LOA, called it. Also, the Ra's al Ghul name drop was awesome.

15. DrRocket Registered

Man, Bc was 7 kinds of awesome! When the Loa member showed I thought its was Malcolm for a split seconds and then DAT name drop, so much for not killing the messenger! Now I have wait another freaking week before I get my BC fix.

16. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

But Oliver and Laurel are going to have to deal with what happened now. It's one thing to say you've moved past it when she's dead and gone. Now she's alive and what happened with her and Ollie is back, too.

I think Laurel will wnat to know why her sister slept with her boyfriend.

17. Nathan Registered

She already knows why, when her mother came back. Sara was basically heads over heels in love, and followed her heart. Even if it meant hurting her sister. Love makes you stupid after all. No reason to bring it back up.

18. Coconut1214 Registered

It was also six years ago. Sara was 20 years old, now she's 25/26 and Laurel's 28? Sara was young and stupid in love with Oliver. What more is there to find out? She made a mistake that pretty much did cost her, her life. She's not that same girl that left with Oliver anymore. I would hope even Laurel would be able to see that if and when she finds out.

I would like to see some flashbacks between the sisters so we can see what kind of relationship they had. From what little we learned Sara was rebellious, liked trouble and probably lived in Laurel's good girl shadow.

19. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Well, with Ollies track record we all know that he's gonna sleep with Sarah again. Good luck explaining that one to Laurel :woot:

20. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

No. Not really. That's what her mother said. That's not the same as talking to her sister.

I do hope we get a Canary flashback episode so we get to see where she landed and how she ended up with the LOS. Would be a nice break from the island flashbacks.

#145 TheComicbookKid, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  21. Nathan Registered

Really? You want them to go there? "I know you've been gone for 6 years. The entire time I thought you were dead. You are a trained assassin now? But more importantly, how could you sleep with my boyfriend?"

Don't give me more reasons to hate Laurel. The reason the mother provided is enough. It's what Sara told her. It's not gonna change when Laurel asks her.

22. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

No. I'm saying she would want to know what was going on with her sister in general.

Banging your sister's boyfriend usually points to something else imo.

We have no idea what the nature of their relationship was. Even if she had true feelings for Ollie, deciding it's okay to act on them doesn't point to them having a strong sisterly relationship.

We just had an episode about Laurel realizing that her current destructive actions were connected to other feelings.

We have no idea what Sara's personality was pre-incident.

23. ArcherFan Registered

I think the best way to handle any confrontation between the sisters is for Sara to bring it up, maybe to apologize during one of those 'connecting moments' and Laurel forgiving her/telling her she understands/whatever.

Allows the closure that, honestly, needs to happen. Without hammering Laurel any further than they already have as a character.

24. Nathan Registered

She came back from the dead. The last thing I would do is dig up old history. But of course the show needs to lay the drama on thick. So it will probably happen.

Yeah, ok, that could work.

25. Coconut1214 Registered

I'm hoping they don't go there. But this the CW where everybody always sleeps with everyone else.

I think Laurel would be more interested in knowing where she's been for 6 years over why she slept with Oliver when she was 20.

Plus I don't even know if Sara would want to tell her family what she's been doing. Her father's a cop and her sister's a lawyer. So her saying she's kills people for a living won't go over that well. So she'll probably not tell them to cause more drama between the sisters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.